Sshaze 260w Cfl

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

I've been constantly removing any buds sites from underneath the canopy before they become anything, I do think it's helping the tops.
So Ive got a couple of grams of tiny bits of bud lol ain't really got much trichs but it's getting dried n smoked anyway ✌

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks

thanks crimsonecho, I'll hold off on giving anymore N.
I've finished plants that are fully green before and have noticed yellowed plants seem to cure and get better flavour quicker than plants that are still fully green so I'm aiming for her to be pretty yellow but it's just all happening a little quicker than I expected
Yup I like to run em out starve em at the end so they eat themselves. Def better than the dark green leaf smoke. I bump microbes n feed them molasses. That molasses just as good as the expensive carb n sugar nutes. I think the $3 molasses works better than most of em.

Monster762

Monster762

4weeks since the first pistils appeared, the buds are swelling up nicely, I've upped the feed a bit this week and I think she's looking good! My pal is growing the same plant, he's at 9weeks now and she still looks like she's got another 2/3 weeks to go. Seems to me the long flower period is really allowing for some nice swell in the buds.
Does anyone here have experience with super silver haze?
Nice. How long training take on that one ? And haze. Haze is sativa so I’d expect no less than 10 weeks flower maybe more like 13. Different breeders cuts will be earlier or later. I’ve never grown ssh but seen a few people on here with it and I think 11-13 weeks.

London bud

London bud

Nice. How long training take on that one ? And haze. Haze is sativa so I’d expect no less than 10 weeks flower maybe more like 13. Different breeders cuts will be earlier or later. I’ve never grown ssh but seen a few people on here with it and I think 11-13 weeks.
Yeah I give mollases from when I'm in veg and all the way through. Defo don't cause no harm.
The trainings been ongoing since the plant was 2weeks old, I topped n topped again, topped side branches once and then left to grow out a bit, I put it in the final pot when she was about 4weeks and then began tying down branches, I tied down and adjusted the plant every week untill she went into flower and stopped stretching so I was training her over the space of 10weeks in all.
Gonna roll my first spliff of this now and see how it tastes so far probably pretty shit so I'll rollsome I paid for aswel lol I got some nice stardawg here, time for Netflix n chill where i am

London bud

London bud

So... the clones I took roughly 5weeks ago have started to root, well at least one has, I think the other two are not far behind. All three have started to flower lol they got a little start of a bud each, I did cut early in 1212 though so to be expected, I'm sure once there all potted and under proper light they'll reveg and get on track. the clones have been left in a cup of tap water straight from being cut, nothing else but pure tap water!
Sometimes they've been so cold on the windowsill here in london I thought they had no chance but then I checked to day and was surprised and happy to see roots, I'd almost forgot about these clones, so it's looking like there's gonna be more ssh after this one.
The buds on my main plant are puffing up nice, lots more trichs forming, it's been 5weeks since the first pistils formed. I do have quite a few leaves with the tips purpling, a dark purple, I'm not sure if it's natural or a slight problem, will get a photo up tomorrow to give a better idea, if anyone has any potential idea as to the purpling please share your thoughts with me.

1542920983144 1115338982
houseofgas

houseofgas

23days of flowering now. Over the last week I've started to see the first touch of frost
I've had a lot of leaves yellowing and dying back underneath by the day, I remove them. I'm guessing its being caused by a lack of light and lack of nitrogen, I haven't been feeding any N during flower but today I added a tiny bit to the feed because i feel shes yellowing up a bit to soon, she's got quite a way to go to the finish still.
It's a minor though, no major problems I think she's doing well.
Interested to see how you get on with a cfl in flower! Mannn I love me some super silver haha. I saw you mention that you’ll get a new light for next time? Do you know what you’ll go with yet?

houseofgas

houseofgas

I've been constantly removing any buds sites from underneath the canopy before they become anything, I do think it's helping the tops.
So Ive got a couple of grams of tiny bits of bud lol ain't really got much trichs but it's getting dried n smoked anyway ✌
Haha

houseofgas

houseofgas

So... the clones I took roughly 5weeks ago have started to root, well at least one has, I think the other two are not far behind. All three have started to flower lol they got a little start of a bud each, I did cut early in 1212 though so to be expected, I'm sure once there all potted and under proper light they'll reveg and get on track. the clones have been left in a cup of tap water straight from being cut, nothing else but pure tap water!
Sometimes they've been so cold on the windowsill here in london I thought they had no chance but then I checked to day and was surprised and happy to see roots, I'd almost forgot about these clones, so it's looking like there's gonna be more ssh after this one.
The buds on my main plant are puffing up nice, lots more trichs forming, it's been 5weeks since the first pistils formed. I do have quite a few leaves with the tips purpling, a dark purple, I'm not sure if it's natural or a slight problem, will get a photo up tomorrow to give a better idea, if anyone has any potential idea as to the purpling please share your thoughts with me.
The purple leaf could be one of a few things! It’s hilarious how you put them in straight tap water on your window sill and left them Hahahaha! And they rooted!! That’s great. As for the purple possibly the cold or N,Cal or Mag OR lack of oxygen as it has rooted and is just sat in straight water! I’d pot the rooted one before it dies! Very small pot/solo cup with say 50ppm of P and K to help the roots or 50-100 ppm Of bloom nutes if you have them! Good luck bro!

London bud

London bud

@houseofgas yeah i smoked them crumbs lol i got a lil flavour still though. She's doing ok so far, she's straight under 270w of cfl and shes smells delicious, i'm curious to see the final yield with this set up though. Aiming for a dry 4 and a half oz. Gonna use 600w hps next. Rearrange my set up. Hopefully it will near on double my yields.
The clones are doing fine for now, i trimmed my plant and they were cut off but were to good to just throw away so i stuck em in water, i thought they might grow they might not, i couldnt just bin em though. Gonna get the little one potted up tomorrow though, I gotta make her grow slow for now though till I finish flowering cos I got no other space to start vegging. once I harvest I can start to treat these clones better, just wanna try n keep em alive for now
But its my big plant with the purpling tips, thinking it could just be the weather here, had a few cold nights lately, -1°C last night so that combined with the fact my lights are off at night I imagine my cabinets temperature must been getting quite low at night

Last edited:
houseofgas

houseofgas

@houseofgas yeah i smoked them crumbs lol i got a lil flavour still though. She's doing ok so far, she's straight under 270w of cfl and shes smells delicious, i'm curious to see the final yield with this set up though. Aiming for a dry 4 and a half oz. Gonna use 600w hps next. Rearrange my set up. Hopefully it will near on double my yields.
The clones are doing fine for now, i trimmed my plant and they were cut off but were to good to just throw away so i stuck em in water, i thought they might grow they might not, i couldnt just bin em though. Gonna get the little one potted up tomorrow though, I gotta make her grow slow for now though till I finish flowering cos I got no other space to start vegging. once I harvest I can start to treat these clones better, just wanna try n keep em alive for now
But its my big plant with the purpling tips, thinking it could just be the weather here, had a few cold nights lately, -1°C last night so that combined with the fact my lights are off at night I imagine my cabinets temperature must been getting quite low at night
Ahh ok I thought you were referring to your cuts with the purple! Yeah it could well be the cold then. I have the same issue with space for cuts at the minute so I take some cuts and put them in a sandwich box with a tiny bit of water, literally just so the end of the stems are touching it on the bottom and put them in the fridge in “stasis” and they can keep in there for about 9-10 weeks if you open the box and refresh the water just once a week. When you want to use them just take them out and let them get to room temp for an hour, put them in your medium and they’ll root a lot faster than normal cuts in like a week. I’m not sure what you’d pull with that cfl I don’t know much about them tbh but you would definitely get a better gpw with hps. I’d consider a 315w - 630w CMH their really good for keeping a nice tight stocky structure too and just cop a duel spectrum lamp for it for flower. I have 1 315w cmh in my 5x5 and it works amazing

London bud

London bud

@houseofgas interesting bit of knowledge there, i did not know you could do that with the fridge, it makes sense though. I know what im doing with a hps so I'm gonna stick to what I know for now. Been getting Roughly a z from growing with less cfls than what I got now, this time ive got more light and im using it better, I've massively increased pot size, ive got her in 40L and ive doubled her veg time, aswel I've got better food and better knowledge of feeding now and I've been training her down, hoping its obviously all making a difference in my eyes. I got maybe 30 tops and you wouldn't say no to none of em lol it's a lot of effort with the cfl though, branches constantly need tied down in veg to keep her flat and sometimes you just can't be bothered but it's gat be done cos the lights are so close. It's a lot of fucking about

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

So I think we need to all chip in and grab you a 315 cmh. Nobody sticks with cfl long cause of the horrible gram per wattage. You got skills. I did half a round with cfl s back in the day. then found a used street light (400 w hps) and it blew my mind. Now a 315 cmh or some decent led s are what I’d recommend for these days (but don’t fall for expensive led rigs cause you can build your own.) plants look good. With some proper lighting you will kill it. I bet you could get a 250 watt hps/mh unit dirt cheap but if you have the $ grab the cmh. You can easily get a half lb off a 315. Prob more

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

A 600 hps is hot and you will need to do other upgrades to run it. (Believe me I run a 1k hps) but if I could do it again I’d grab a 630 cmh. A 315 cmh will keep up with a 600 hps and better thc levels and taste. Believe me it burns.., but I’ve seen the evidence with my own eyes. Hps is pretty much obsolete

London bud

London bud

A 600 hps is hot and you will need to do other upgrades to run it. (Believe me I run a 1k hps) but if I could do it again I’d grab a 630 cmh. A 315 cmh will keep up with a 600 hps and better thc levels and taste. Believe me it burns.., but I’ve seen the evidence with my own eyes. Hps is pretty much obsolete

Ok it sounds like its worth looking into, I got about 7 weeks before harvest at the moment so I gotta few weeks to work things out. Any tips for increasing trich production?

houseofgas

houseofgas

@houseofgas interesting bit of knowledge there, i did not know you could do that with the fridge, it makes sense though. I know what im doing with a hps so I'm gonna stick to what I know for now. Been getting Roughly a z from growing with less cfls than what I got now, this time ive got more light and im using it better, I've massively increased pot size, ive got her in 40L and ive doubled her veg time, aswel I've got better food and better knowledge of feeding now and I've been training her down, hoping its obviously all making a difference in my eyes. I got maybe 30 tops and you wouldn't say no to none of em lol it's a lot of effort with the cfl though, branches constantly need tied down in veg to keep her flat and sometimes you just can't be bothered but it's gat be done cos the lights are so close. It's a lot of fucking about

houseofgas

houseofgas

Ok it sounds like its worth looking into, I got about 7 weeks before harvest at the moment so I gotta few weeks to work things out. Any tips for increasing trich production?
Are You feeding molasses? Get some carbs/sugars down her. Also make the days/nights colder last 2 weeks (flush) drop your feed temps too and let that bitch know winter is coming. (During flush).

London bud

London bud

Are You feeding molasses? Get some carbs/sugars down her. Also make the days/nights colder last 2 weeks (flush) drop your feed temps too and let that bitch know winter is coming. (During flush).
Yeah I give em mollases from seedling to harvest, i find it creates an airier soil aswel after constant use

London bud

London bud

The top of the buds are puffing up nicely but the bottom of the colas are lagging behind, I've removed a fair amount of yellowing leaves today in an attempt to focus the plants energy and I removed a few healthy leaves from higher up which will hopefully allow the lights to penetrate further down the plant.
I'm hoping over the next week I'll see some noticeable improvement and swelling to the bottoms of the colas. Hopefully more of the lower buds will join up, I still got 6weeks to go.
Will let you all know how it works out

Herbalise

Herbalise

The top of the buds are puffing up nicely but the bottom of the colas are lagging behind, I've removed a fair amount of yellowing leaves today in an attempt to focus the plants energy and I removed a few healthy leaves from higher up which will hopefully allow the lights to penetrate further down the plant.
I'm hoping over the next week I'll see some noticeable improvement and swelling to the bottoms of the colas. Hopefully more of the lower buds will join up, I still got 6weeks to go.
Nice job I'm also using cfls with no till soil.

IMG 20181124 130025 267
houseofgas

houseofgas

Yeah like you said you got SIX weeks that’s a LONG time for extra big buds. I’d recommend you get some bat/seabird guano for extra phosphorus. Bat guano is the SHIT. No pun intended.

Top Bottom