Sshaze 260w Cfl

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

Yeah like you said you got SIX weeks that’s a LONG time for extra big buds. I’d recommend you get some bat/seabird guano for extra phosphorus. Bat guano is the SHIT. No pun intended.
Lol no pun intended
I'm gonna try get hold of some this week

Herbalise

Herbalise

yo CFL gang lol I've seen your diary, I'm gonna keep an eye on your project, nice to see someone doing something similar. How much light you using?
I'm using around 15-17 23w all my plants under a foot tall. I will follow your grow also

London bud

London bud

I'm using around 15-17 23w all my plants under a foot tall. I will follow your grow also
That's quite a lot of light, I got 12 23watters. Looking forward to seeing how much you get with that, time will tell I suppose✌

London bud

London bud

I planted 5 and ended up with only 1female that's why I started tying her down, I thought I just gotta max out this one plant

London bud

London bud

I got a trio of clones from this current plant, I'm gonna try just keep them alive till I harvest this current one then I can put the clones in her place and give them proper care, I'm gonna use a different light on the clones though so it'll be interesting to see the difference it makes considering its still tecnically the same plant, it'll be nice to not have to fuck about with the lights everyday, it's a lot of mucking abiut with cfl, it pays off though

London bud

London bud

In two days she will be six weeks into flowering, she should go for another five weeks at the least.
She's doing well for now, you know when you look at some buds and u just wanna smoke em, that's where I'm at! I know from experience though there's no point even trying, tempting as it is.
The purple tips are still there, it's not on every leaf, it starts at the tips and creeps along the edges a bit, im putting it down to cold at night, I've tried to get the best picture of the purple I can but it doesnt seem to show up well in a picture, I don't think it's anything sinister.
I potted the rooted clone now, the other two are showing root bumps so shouldn't be far behind.

2018 11 27 170627
2018 11 27 170511
2018 11 27 170325
2018 11 27 165929
20181127 165621
2018 11 27 173923
Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A week ago I cut off the bottom branches, they were never gonna reach through to the top of the canopy, I didn't want to waste them, I had no dirt of rooting shit so I have left in a cup of water on the windowsill and they seem to be doing well.

If I have a decent sized branch that breaks off or gets cut, I just stick it into the dirt/medium about 4-6 inches deep and it usually grows new roots in a week or 10 days. Branches are simple ways to grow great clones since you just have to keep the base cut wet and clean and it will pop roots. A dash of rootone orr a similar rooting compound helps greatly, but not mandatory.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Yeah I give em mollases from seedling to harvest, i find it creates an airier soil aswel after constant use
I’m finding cutting out the molasses a good while before harvest makes a smoother smoke but that might just be with the medium and such that I’m using. Keep in mind I rarely know what I’m talking about. Your doing awesome and keepin the cfl dream alive. I do hope you run into a 400 hps with a rusty ol magnetic ballast tho. You haven’t lived till you’ve been hummed to sleep by those old ballasts

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your doing awesome and keepin the cfl dream alive. I do hope you run into a 400 hps with a rusty ol magnetic ballast tho. You haven’t lived till you’ve been hummed to sleep by those old ballasts
I'm still using the same magnetic ballasts that I have used since 82...a warm buzz under the fake sun...all I need is a bucket full of sand to dig my toes thru. I have every one of my old 1000 watt halides from over the years too...anyone need a bunch of bulbs?

London bud

London bud

If I have a decent sized branch that breaks off or gets cut, I just stick it into the dirt/medium about 4-6 inches deep and it usually grows new roots in a week or 10 days. Branches are simple ways to grow great clones since you just have to keep the base cut wet and clean and it will pop roots. A dash of rootone orr a similar rooting compound helps greatly, but not mandatory.
Do you keep the dirt quite wet when you put the cut in? A week would be nice, I cut four branches off the bottom of my plant and left in water, my wife managed to kill one lol women for you, one has rooted, It took 5weeks though, I potted that one and it's doing fine, the other two I'm still waiting on, I can see little root bumps but they're taking ages. Better than beginning them though

London bud

London bud

I’m finding cutting out the molasses a good while before harvest makes a smoother smoke but that might just be with the medium and such that I’m using. Keep in mind I rarely know what I’m talking about. Your doing awesome and keepin the cfl dream alive. I do hope you run into a 400 hps with a rusty ol magnetic ballast tho. You haven’t lived till you’ve been hummed to sleep by those old ballasts
Definetely buying a decent light before this grow finishes ready for the next one, not sure what yet though, probably gonna go hps
I give mollases till the very end and haven't noticed any problems, I think it helps with flavour

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Do you keep the dirt quite wet when you put the cut in? A week would be nice, I cut four branches off the bottom of my plant and left in water, my wife managed to kill one lol women for you, one has rooted, It took 5weeks though, I potted that one and it's doing fine, the other two I'm still waiting on, I can see little root bumps but they're taking ages. Better than beginning them though
I just stick them in my regular buckets with another plant, typically. I water my plants daily, so it helps to keep them damp, but not soaked. They sometimes droop a couple of days until their new rootlets can bring water in more efficiently, but it saves time and money if you happen to break off a branch. You can also stick them in water, which sometimes works but has a better chance of drowning the roots. I wouldn't recommend this for branches less that about 12 inches, as they usually are more fragile when smaller.

London bud

London bud

I just stick them in my regular buckets with another plant, typically. I water my plants daily, so it helps to keep them damp, but not soaked. They sometimes droop a couple of days until their new rootlets can bring water in more efficiently, but it saves time and money if you happen to break off a branch. You can also stick them in water, which sometimes works but has a better chance of drowning the roots. I wouldn't recommend this for branches less that about 12 inches, as they usually are more fragile when smaller.
My branches left in water were about 5inches. I was quite suprised cos from being cut they never drooped once in the water, i see a lot of people say about keeping up humidity and misting cuttings cos they can't take up water without roots but I'd say from what I saw they obviously can take water straight up the stem because I never misted or nothing and they never lost their rigidity.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I'm still using the same magnetic ballasts that I have used since 82...a warm buzz under the fake sun...all I need is a bucket full of sand to dig my toes thru. I have every one of my old 1000 watt halides from over the years too...anyone need a bunch of bulbs?

Dude we need to hang out lol. I’ve always felt like it’s a day at the beach under the ol hps. It is old tech but I’d imagine that ballast doesn’t owe you anything brother. I have a 150, 400, 1k and some good ol 400 mh s. All old magnetic besides the 1k. They still rock, but I’m heading down the cmh road cause now that I know I can get a tiny bit more thc and colour and such off less watts I can’t stay away.
Definetely buying a decent light before this grow finishes ready for the next one, not sure what yet though, probably gonna go hps
I give mollases till the very end and haven't noticed any problems, I think it helps with flavour
Good luck on the light hunt. If you are on a budget there are some unconventional ways of getting some used hid s ;)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Dude we need to hang out lol. I’ve always felt like it’s a day at the beach under the ol hps. It is old tech but I’d imagine that ballast doesn’t owe you anything brother. I have a 150, 400, 1k and some good ol 400 mh s. All old magnetic besides the 1k. They still rock, but I’m heading down the cmh road cause now that I know I can get a tiny bit more thc and colour and such off less watts I can’t stay away.

Good luck on the light hunt. If you are on a budget there are some unconventional ways of getting some used hid s ;)

In the very beginning, there wasn't any type of specialized grow lighting and roadway construction sites supplied more than one grow, in the earlier 80s.:cool:
They used them for night work...at the time they were over $100 each and had a blue light. No wonder there were so many potholes!

London bud

London bud

I'd like to hear some opinions on these leaves?
The bud seems to be developing with no problems and I'm sure she will reach the finish line but what do you think about these leaves? The lower ones tips and edges are turning a copper sort of colour.
Also I noticed today that I've got a ridiculous amount of life wriggling around in the dirt, fruit flies, hundreds of little tiny white things and something that looks like an ant. Any recommendations on how to solve this organically if possible, I don't really wanna start adding nasty shit at this stage? I'm three weeks ish from the finish now.

2018 11 30 211834
2018 11 30 212039
2018 11 30 212136
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'd like to hear some opinions on these leaves?
The bud seems to be developing with no problems and I'm sure she will reach the finish line but what do you think about these leaves? The lower ones tips and edges are turning a copper sort of colour.
Also I noticed today that I've got a ridiculous amount of life wriggling around in the dirt, fruit flies, hundreds of little tiny white things and something that looks like an ant. Any recommendations on how to solve this organically if possible, I don't really wanna start adding nasty shit at this stage? I'm three weeks ish from the finish now.
Are these indoor or outdoor? The coloring along the edges could just be a characteristic of your particular strain, like the Grandaddy Purple line that can turn purplish or reddish upon finishing...I can't make it out clear enough to tell for sure. You don't have any problems with overly humid conditions that might invite mold/mildew by chance? The bugs in the dirt are an unknown, depending on the type. Some worms eat soil debris and some munch on roots. Since you are close to finish, I would probably try to ride it out unless you start to get some bigger changes. They get hungry at the end and deplete a lot of their reserves, so it could be a slight deficiency. Most growers seem to recommend letting things go on water only (flush) for the last week or two, but everyone has their own preferences.

Top Bottom