Stack Plant Pots?

• Thread starter Kepp89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kepp89

Kepp89

question: is it a bad idea to fill a 7 gallon fabric planting pot with soil and place my 1 gallon planting pot (where she'll grow in) on top of that?

my seedling leaves are canoeing in 3 spots total. i have 5 sets of leaves and it needs a transplant soon to a 1-gallon (maybe 3-gallon) but the table i made is too high to accommodate a bigger pot considering i cant raise my lights any higher (i can raise it about an inch more). but if i can put the pot inside/on top of another pot, it would solve my conundrum. i assume someone has tried it but its a weird combo of words to search online.

i really dont want to put it on the floor if i don't have to yet.

thanks!

O

ONalliance

what? transplant your plant how ever you get it to the hieght you want don't matter. if you doing on top of a pot filled with soil you will likely get roots shooting down, which you will likely have to destroy when you transplant again. I would not do that. you could use the lower pot just put a barrier in between. and use some malted barley flour for the transplant and myco... as well. foilier feed after transplant as the roots will be recovering and wont be able to meet the growth demand, might even back out on light too.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
question: is it a bad idea to fill a 7 gallon fabric planting pot with soil and place my 1 gallon planting pot (where she'll grow in) on top of that?

my seedling leaves are canoeing in 3 spots total. i have 5 sets of leaves and it needs a transplant soon to a 1-gallon (maybe 3-gallon) but the table i made is too high to accommodate a bigger pot considering i cant raise my lights any higher (i can raise it about an inch more). but if i can put the pot inside/on top of another pot, it would solve my conundrum. i assume someone has tried it but its a weird combo of words to search online.

i really dont want to put it on the floor if i don't have to yet.

thanks!
Put it on the floor. Sounds like you’ll save yourself a headache.

Top Bottom