Stainless Steel Mesh Screens To Micron Conversion Chart.

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
http://www.showmegold.org/news/Mesh.htm

I've seen alot of questions around the board about Mesh Vs Micron, Confusion when it comes to Sizes ect ect, Since SS is mostly listed by Mesh size vs Micron Size, #400 SS Mesh for example would convert to around 37 Microns.

Stainless Steel Mesh was my go to screen when running, Very durable and lasts forever, Clamp it on your tube and no more blown out worn out filter problems..

I ran #400, If you want smaller then go bigger, In other words 400 = 37 micron 550 = 25 Micron.

You get the idea, Use the conversion chart in the Link above to find your exact size you want, Then check sites like ebay, Searching for Stainless Steel Mesh 400, Or SS Mesh 400, Or whatever size your after.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I've seen alot of questions around the board about Mesh Vs Micron, Confusion when it comes to Sizes ect ect, Since SS is mostly listed by Mesh size vs Micron Size, #400 SS Mesh for example would convert to around 37 Microns.

Stainless Steel Mesh was my go to screen when running, Very durable and lasts forever, Clamp it on your tube and no more blown out worn out filter problems..

I ran #400, If you want smaller then go bigger, In other words 400 = 37 micron 550 = 25 Micron.

You get the idea, Use the conversion chart in the Link above to find your exact size you want, Then check sites like ebay, Searching for Stainless Steel Mesh 400, Or SS Mesh 400, Or whatever size your after.. :D
Good shtuff!!!
**A coffee filter is roughly 20 micron**
Theres my 2 cents hahaha

Smerb

Smerb

Sooooooo the 150 micron steel mesh is what it is? (150micron) I want to purchase some online and really don't want a bad purchase, it'll stall my kief box making. What ya say a?

Smerb

Smerb

[QUOduck dGrowGod, post: 1682894, member: 64942"]The word mesh has always bothered me ever since those recall commercials lol[/QUOTE]
Its fucked. Mesh, screen, silk screen, steel screen, aluminum mesh. The T-shirt shop has the shit legit, metal framed, pick a size. Anyone else find it anywhere else?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

buchner funnel...
obviously, not for kief... solvent runs. could use for bubble, though. cuts filtration times. i read the 20, for coffee filters, I'd also read 40 microns, elsewhere. the buchner, u can use coffee, or order, micron specific. pulls the fluid through a hydrophobic barrier; osmosis, on superhero mode. worth the expense. you can never get life back...

20191112 101729
20191112 103938
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
http://www.showmegold.org/news/Mesh.htm

The link appears to be broken, however i did find this. šŸ»

Mesh to Micron conversion
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

[QUOduck dGrowGod, post: 1682894, member: 64942"]The word mesh has always bothered me ever since those recall commercials lol
Its fucked. Mesh, screen, silk screen, steel screen, aluminum mesh. The T-shirt shop has the shit legit, metal framed, pick a size. Anyone else find it anywhere else?
[/QUOTE]
grow shops. growers house direct, would b one, for starters. there r many. sign up for jmail: ur likely to b inundated, with coupon codes... nice peeps. great conflict resolution/service.

stole that awesome chart. tyty!

also- bubble bags and there r bingo machine, kief makers. when so inclined, i just use bubble bags... think they had their own site.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
holy shit is that link in the OP not the right one anymore either ROFL..

Micron mesh3 conversion chart
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

[QUOduck dGrowGod, post: 1682894, member: 64942"]The word mesh has always bothered me ever since those recall commercials lol
[/QUOTE]
i checked hobby lobby, when my lovely g, forced me to go. all they had, was too big a mesh. i like the 220 for any kinda hash/kief. i can getcha the bag number, if u go straight bubble bag. prolly get a code, for one of the dope shopz.
lower, on the buchner, but i forget the micron i use. i could check but y'all ain't askin for those...

Latest posts

Top Bottom