Stalk Splitting?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Has anyone ever actually tried this? Can’t find anything searching the forum but theres a youtube video and orher discussions about shoving a stake through the main stalk after a couple weeks in flower to increase trichomes. I’m willing to skewer one but want to know if anyone has tried this before.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I have done this before but there is considerable risk involved. It basically comes down to stressing the plant out to make more trichs... You can also acheive the same result by leaving the lights off completely for two days or so prior to harvest... This is strictly my opinion tho.

H

hawkman

Yes ! it does work . will get back- to you forget what it's called - there are some here is one ""Zammesis.com" and this is done in flower might even be late flower (south american cultivator's do this about 2-3 weeks before harvest) (they do all the stems and some just main stalk)

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

I have done this before but there is considerable risk involved. It basically comes down to stressing the plant out to make more trichs... You can also acheive the same result by leaving the lights off completely for two days or so prior to harvest... This is strictly my opinion tho.
Nice part about buckets is being able to put them in a dark room for a couple days before chop, shuts down photosynthesis too.

Madbud

Madbud

Yes ! it does work . will get back- to you forget what it's called - there are some here is one ""Zammesis.com" and this is done in flower might even be late flower (south american cultivator's do this about 2-3 weeks before harvest) (they do all the stems and some just main stalk)
I found this, thanks. Already i’m thinking of ways to improve it lol. Sounds like when the triches start to go amber, a week or so below chop.
https://www.zamnesia.com/cannabis-grow-guide/57-splitting-cannabis-stems

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I knew a guy down south who said they scored the stems with razors, more like scraping the outside layer off. Always assumed it was to get the cure started and avoid the sudden chlorophyll shockwave

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I knew a guy down south who said they scored the stems with razors, more like scraping the outside layer off. Always assumed it was to get the cure started and avoid the sudden chlorophyll shockwave
using razors to score then scraping?shit man sounds like he,s growin opium.lol

Madbud

Madbud

Yeah i could see maybe some vertical slices with a razorblade but would be afraid hirizontal slashes or scrapes mught girdle it. I think spliting and spreading the stalk probably squeezes the vessels to force an increase in pressure. We’ll see

Latest posts

Top Bottom