Started A Cmh Grow With 12 27 Gal Sites.

• Thread starter Aktommy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aktommy

Aktommy

Ok so I've got 16 CMH 315s running over 12 27 gallon totes. I'm running waterfalls instead of airstones this run.

I've been a lurker on THC for a long time. Thought I would contribute to the community.

2 inch pvc
CDX 27 gallon totes
6000 gph reeflo pump
1hp active aqua chiller
Ionic nutrients
PH 5.6-6.0
Currently running .6 EC (fresh plants)

Exotic Genetix Black Berry Cream and Black Mamba

I've been running RDWC for 5 years but on a smaller scale and with 600 watt hps closed hood systems. I decided to take the CMH plunge.

I'll be updating when I can.

Started a cmh grow with 12 27 gal sites
Started a cmh grow with 12 27 gal sites 2
Aktommy

Aktommy

I'm using waterfalls for the first time. I made some 1/2" pvc pieces with caps and 3/8 holes for jets. I had to dial down the reeflo pump due to having to much pressure. I think I'm getting plenty of surface disturbance though.

My water stats on the guardian.

IMG 1706
IMG 1712
IMG 1709
F

FooDoo

this is AWESOME!

cmh and waterfalls in the same room! you beat me to the punch by 2 weeks lol i have to harvest before i can swap all my hps out for my new cmh.

the fact you did all this DYI, and knocked it out the park, and were willing to soak information in and comprehend it and apply it in the real world speaks volumes.

after you harvest, and get a "baseline" run in on your new system, you should highly consider raising water temperature on the second run to see if it gives you the same amazing results i have recorded in my other thread. im currently at 73. dont have an itch to go warmer but consider it daily just to test it. i was thinking 3 days before harvest to let the water heat up to 80f and see how many hours or days it takes to cause root rot (if it even does).

Aktommy

Aktommy

this is AWESOME!

cmh and waterfalls in the same room! you beat me to the punch by 2 weeks lol i have to harvest before i can swap all my hps out for my new cmh.

the fact you did all this DYI, and knocked it out the park, and were willing to soak information in and comprehend it and apply it in the real world speaks volumes.

after you harvest, and get a "baseline" run in on your new system, you should highly consider raising water temperature on the second run to see if it gives you the same amazing results i have recorded in my other thread. im currently at 73. dont have an itch to go warmer but consider it daily just to test it. i was thinking 3 days before harvest to let the water heat up to 80f and see how many hours or days it takes to cause root rot (if it even does).

Thanks Foodoo. I've been reading on a few RDWC grows where water temps at 70-74 seem to increase vigor in the plants. I am paranoid of pythium but I am tempted to run a few degrees higher (70F) just so the chiller is cooling off some. I think if you stick to a good sterilization regiment it would be fine and maybe even beneficial.

Aktommy

Aktommy

im too scared of hydro setups. I'd end up doing something wrong and killing an entire cycle. Then going back to ffof.

But that setup looks pretty killer.

I've been running RDWC for years now and I still get nervous with it. I've only lost a few plants over the years to pythium but there are days I seriously consider going coco, especially seeing ghettogrow with his 3 lb coco trees.

F

FooDoo

Thanks Foodoo. I've been reading on a few RDWC grows where water temps at 70-74 seem to increase vigor in the plants. I am paranoid of pythium but I am tempted to run a few degrees higher (70F) just so the chiller is cooling off some. I think if you stick to a good sterilization regiment it would be fine and maybe even beneficial.

You and I think alike. I too was coming across waterfall grows that werent using stones or chillers(so higher water temp) with amazing results. i wanted to apply that to my undercurrent because its so compact and small compared to the up scaling thats done with the more common and popular waterfall setups on the internet right now. like my little recirculating pump compared to that behemoth.

if you saw in my no air stones thread i wasnt too worried about removing all my airstones but was a bit scared to remove the last air pump and diffuser disc from the epicenter. once i did tho i never looked back and the results were fantastic.

then i put fear aside and started to edge my water temp up just like you are considering. i did a baby jump from 68 to 69. few days im like "69 is basically 70" so went up again to 70. then i jumped to 72 after a few more days because i didnt see any negative results. once i hit 72 i was pretty satisfied but figured id set it to 73 so the two degree chilling effect would keep me at 71/72-73.

during ALL that, i also switched from RO water to municipal tap during week 5 bloom which that could have killed my entire grow had it not worked out.

fear would have kept me from accomplishing so much in so little time and honestly all those things have completely been a game changer. ive learned more in the last 3 months by doing whats not recommended than i have in the last 10 years of following copy/paste hearsay of what i should do

Aktommy

Aktommy

You and I think alike. I too was coming across waterfall grows that werent using stones or chillers(so higher water temp) with amazing results. i wanted to apply that to my undercurrent because its so compact and small compared to the up scaling thats done with the more common and popular waterfall setups on the internet right now. like my little recirculating pump compared to that behemoth.

if you saw in my no air stones thread i wasnt too worried about removing all my airstones but was a bit scared to remove the last air pump and diffuser disc from the epicenter. once i did tho i never looked back and the results were fantastic.

then i put fear aside and started to edge my water temp up just like you are considering. i did a baby jump from 68 to 69. few days im like "69 is basically 70" so went up again to 70. then i jumped to 72 after a few more days because i didnt see any negative results. once i hit 72 i was pretty satisfied but figured id set it to 73 so the two degree chilling effect would keep me at 71/72-73.

during ALL that, i also switched from RO water to municipal tap during week 5 bloom which that could have killed my entire grow had it not worked out.

fear would have kept me from accomplishing so much in so little time and honestly all those things have completely been a game changer. ive learned more in the last 3 months by doing whats not recommended than i have in the last 10 years of following copy/paste hearsay of what i should do

Thank you for so much information, I've learned a lot from your postings here on the farmer.

captainsano

captainsano

Looks good! Did you find that the foil on the lid really makes a difference or is it something you just saw someone try and have always done it that way?

Top Bottom