Starting A Cultivation Business

• Thread starter Timrogers410
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Timrogers410

So guys i was looking forward to start a cultivation business i was hoping to start a 100 plant 100 pound opperation but was wondering how much it would cost to start and how much dispensaries would pay for a pound and is it legal to run my business from maryland when my business is located in california
Thank you

fatawa

fatawa

Dude no offense...the questions your asking are not ones for a person bout to start a buisness..and you can do the whole elbow per plant but it requires space...it aint as easy as turning on lights...i been doing this yrs n i get the lb per plant(depending on strain of course,veg,etc)but u cant walk n off streets n pull these numbers..n if u was pulling those numbers already you would already have the answers to the questions u askd....

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

So guys i was looking forward to start a cultivation business i was hoping to start a 100 plant 100 pound opperation but was wondering how much it would cost to start and how much dispensaries would pay for a pound and is it legal to run my business from maryland when my business is located in california
Thank you
estimated prices of a pound when things go Nation Wide (if so) could be $600 unit. This is not some get rich scheme, to be honest it is one thing to have money, but knowledge about different systems / grow techniques.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

How much experience do you have in growing and looking after large amounts of plants?how much grow experience in general?unless youv been growing successfully for a decent amount all ready (ten years,five at a very minimum) I'd think on another business.iv seen people trying to turn it into a buisness coz it's all legal but what with what dispensarys were paying them and all outlays like buying equipment,nutes ,soil etc etc they were hardly making much and they were definetly not rich the way he had thought as there's so much completion and this was people with decades of growing experience.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Like said above, if in a rec legal state and not already in the game, might as well forget about it. Your 10yrs too late.

And at 600/unit, I'll quit the growing game all together. And focus 100% on extracts.

Demon extracts. Better get my tm in asap.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

There are two huge grows going in within ten miles of me. One of them just ran two miles of 8" hi pressure water line to accommodate three fire hydrants @ $2000 each. Just to be legal on approximately 320 acres, this was required. I'll bet you're going to need lots of money.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

600 a pound will never happen. I am guessing when things even out wholesale prices will be 1k for quality outdoor, 17 for indoor.

People want well trimmed herb, that cost alone makes the 600$ not feasible.

Let a Major Corp Like Wallmart or Wallgreens enter the market. You are basing things of small production.

100 plant operation vs 10, 000 plant green house / Light depth will supplemental lighting.

Prices are now cheaper to wholesale to various dispensaries.

Marijuana is expensive because of say it 2x prohibition...

Things are better Medical and people want recreational to it all comes down.

How much does it cost to make a pound
6 Plants x 3 gallon smart pots
Avg Energy cost California 12 cents kw
Anyhow 12 hrs day x 14 cents x 60 days

3 Oz/ Avg per smart pot.
18 Oz total

$100 Energy
$200 Soil and Nutrients
Cost me maybe even less. Point being Wallmart has better economies of scale then I do..

Last edited:
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, first off you are forgetting the middle man. Cali requires a distributor, taking about 20%. Cali energy prices, I don't think you can have a 10000 plant greenhouse, without 100 lights...... you run those numbers in? I have. Cost of labor? Check out some of the guys in colorado who specialize in cheap, efficient grow ops and production.

Top Bottom