Stealth Shipping And Radiation

• Thread starter robomont
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
robomont

robomont

i use one seller in the past with real good stealth shipping.100% survival rates.then i tried a cheapy company and 4 of 5 seeds were dead.they came on a foam flat that looked easily able to be seen through under xray.the seeds were laid out with little magazine clippings that could be easily read under xrays.so i suspect customs fried them.
so my question is,how can a person trust a shipment if stealth isnt offered and it looks on your sales page that stealth isnt offered.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
i use one seller in the past with real good stealth shipping.100% survival rates.then i tried a cheapy company and 4 of 5 seeds were dead.they came on a foam flat that looked easily able to be seen through under xray.the seeds were laid out with little magazine clippings that could be easily read under xrays.so i suspect customs fried them.
so my question is,how can a person trust a shipment if stealth isnt offered and it looks on your sales page that stealth isnt offered.
The short answer is, you cannot rely 100% on any method. A large majority of seeds make it to where they are headed and a percentage dont. It's a roll of the dice. Sorry to hear about your beanz.

robomont

robomont

thankyou jumpin,just feeling the place out.the varieties look really superb.im not real up to date on the new breeds but actually still have a seed catalougue i got from nevilles back in the 80s.went to bc and got to visit with some brothers in 2000,got to visit with cc owner back then also.ive been in the shadows all these years doin my thing.just found this place while looking for leds and came across the crees and my jaw dropped.
currently breeding blueberry with greatwhite shark,f2
also on f5 of just blueberry

N

Nog

I think everything goes through the ex-ray machine, but I may be wrong.

But whatever, most of them usually germinate.
I find in a pack of 10 there are often 1 or 2 that don't germinate.

If they don't germinate it is usually because they are old seeds, or the seed is not fully mature.

I got Dutch Passions Skunk #1 and none germinated, and then of other strains in the same order I got 10/10.

The breeders should mark the date the seeds were harvested on the pack, but very few do that.
And then the seedbank should have the date the seeds were harvested alongside the strain description on their websites, so we can judge if the seeds are too old to take a chance on.

And the seedbank can then discount the seeds as they are nearing the end of their peak germination viability.

Who's fault is it that the date of harvest is not marked on the packet of seeds?
I don't know, either the seedbank or the breeders don't want the date of harvest marked on the pack.

I don't know how the payment system goes, whether the seedbank pays for the seeds at the time of purchase from the breeder, or they take them on commission and pay the breeder as the seeds are sold.

If the seedbank pays for the seeds upfront then maybe they don't want the date of harvest of the seeds marked on the pack as they are worried they will be left with seeds they have paid for but can't sell, as they are nearing their expiry date and people wont but them because of that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom