Stinky Water, Hi Ppm?

• Thread starter 907debow1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
907debow1234

907debow1234

So got some stinky water from my tap. The smell of rotten eggs, which I assume is sulfer... we are on a well..and it checks around 8.5-9ph. On the regular, and 220 ppm on my last check.... any help or suggestions is fantastic, is this okay an are any of these issues going to comeback an haunt me??I use ph down to get my numbers right, and let the water sit for 24hrs prior to watering. Thanks

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So got some stinky water from my tap. The smell of rotten eggs, which I assume is sulfer... we are on a well..and it checks around 8.5-9ph. On the regular, and 220 ppm on my last check.... any help or suggestions is fantastic, is this okay an are any of these issues going to comeback an haunt me??I use ph down to get my numbers right, and let the water sit for 24hrs prior to watering. Thanks
Put it through a charcoal and cotton filter.... then use it... i had the same water in Arizona and it grew plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My old well water used to stink like that, I didn't mess with it for my OD irrigation. The high pH is a problem for indoor cultivation for sure, I had to go with RO/DI.

katelyn

katelyn

Are you using powdered nutrients? Noticed my well water mixed with my powdered nutes makes my feed water smell like rotten eggs also..wth causes that i wonder. Tap water doesnt seem to smell though and no light and water is about 60 degrees

907debow1234

907debow1234

All liquid nutrients although it doesn't smell too bad from tap compared to my water after I mix in my fish emulsion. . That is a new level of stink... I try an stray from powders as sometimes it's hard to measure the same amount ever time, and I'd be on the safe side of saying almost every powder and dust caused by those nutes is got to be bad to breath.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you reminded me of an "I'll never do THAT again!" post to put in that one thread with the mention of the fish emulsion. Don't use it as a foliar if those plants are going to be near your bedroom, mkay?

907debow1234

907debow1234

Hahaha, what poor bastard had to learn that mistake?? . What's one worse is having it spill or splash on your shoes that you wear daily. .. done that one....but the product works so well I love it.... and I tell most folks my guard dogs had really bad gas. If they are welcomed that far into my home. It's easier then explaining why it's better then miracle grow to the average joe.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Why would you wear outside shoes in your indoor garden? Fish smell would be the worse of my worries.

907debow1234

907debow1234

I mix my water outside the grow room in that instance. My trash can was taking up to much real estate to fit inside.
No shoes in my white room, others have suggested I could go "dexter" in there. It's such a clean room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom