Stored Buds Going Bad? Turning Brown, Pressurizing Jars. Thoughts?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

You ever ran that in your oven? Put it in a cigarette rapper ( can’t spell celaphane?) roll tight. Take wet newspaper wrap in newspaper tight as you can. Trying to remember 250-300f for I think 5-8 minutes. It fuses material to a solid and chunky smokeable hasish. Shit now I got to find my silk screen.
I have not, but now I will lol. I've got plenty to play with!

Monster762

Monster762

This is not true - Jars seal hermetically, if they're closed properly no moisture can get in or out. The effect you're seeing is the moisture inside the jar evening out over time.
Exactly so if it’s not right when it goes in then it’ll change constantly til it is even. That’s where mold comes from That moisture you didn’t get out And wtf is hermetically. It’s a screw down lid on flat
One thing to realize is you are not reading humidity you are reading relativie humidity. That means it's measuring the humidity and comparing it to the possibilities at that specific temp. If the temp changes the RH will change even though no moisture has left or entered the jar. That being said if yours is changing too much you may have a damaged or dirty seal on your lid or you are not tightening it enough.
ah. That would make sense

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

My indoor stuff from last winter has lost most of it's smell. When I open the jar of this summer's outdoor stuff, the odor fills the room but, I have to stuff my nose in the jar of the older indoor stuff just to get a whiff. It's depressing. I guess I should decide what I am going to do with it. I'll probably make some hash or just give it away. I have already made some canna-butter, canna-balm, and capsules.

Perception

Perception

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. When I get around to turning some of this old stuff in to hash, I’ll let you know how it turned out.

In the future though: Im going to look in to drying a little further, vacuum sealing, and freeze or refrigerate.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My indoor stuff from last winter has lost most of it's smell. When I open the jar of this summer's outdoor stuff, the odor fills the room but, I have to stuff my nose in the jar of the older indoor stuff just to get a whiff. It's depressing. I guess I should decide what I am going to do with it. I'll probably make some hash or just give it away. I have already made some canna-butter, canna-balm, and capsules.
Tincture!

Latest posts

Top Bottom