Storm Ravaged Cannabis

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Im posting this because it seems some fellow farmers don't know the hardiness of cannabis. While none of us like our plants to be subjected to weather like this, it may give growers a better feel for what their plants are capable of enduring.
This norcal storm hit early...October 4th of last year, 2016.
We knew the storm was coming, and it was a storm that had 60 mph winds and would be dumping water by the inches.
We harvested what we could before the storm. We focused on the heavier colas, but had to stop harvesting because we ran out of dry room space so some plants weren't cut at all before the storm. We eventually built an overflow drying area.
Any plant that had a circular wire cage around it then wrapped fully in netting made it through the storm unscathed.
the worst losses came from two plants that did not have the wire cages, instead relying on a bad attempt at securing them once I ran out of wire fence. Those plants snapped about 2 feet up and had to be taken.
The other losses came from plants that weren't netted all the way around because they had grown together before I netted them, I was lazy, so there was weakness between adjacent plants. Lessons learned.
However, if you look closely, very little bud was ruined. True, the two plants that snapped didn't need a loupe to tell me they were ready to harvest, lol. The netting saved many buds from touching the mud or snapping, even if the end result wasn't pretty to look at.
The rest of the plants I blew dry with a leaf blower re secured them and let them continue to finish in the sunny days following the storm. I had some buds that I didn't bother to rinse the mud off of, tossed some beauties, but that was just being lazy. The crop had no pm or bud rot. (Okay, one effen bud but it was squished)
Storm ravaged cannabis
Storm ravaged cannabis 2
Storm ravaged cannabis 3
Storm ravaged cannabis 4
Storm ravaged cannabis 5
Storm ravaged cannabis 6
Storm ravaged cannabis 7
Storm ravaged cannabis 8
Storm ravaged cannabis 9
Storm ravaged cannabis 10
Storm ravaged cannabis 11
Storm ravaged cannabis 12
Storm ravaged cannabis 13
Storm ravaged cannabis 14
Storm ravaged cannabis 15
Storm ravaged cannabis 16
Storm ravaged cannabis 17
Storm ravaged cannabis 18
Storm ravaged cannabis 19

Westie

Westie

Great looking grow, BudBogart.... before and after the storm chaos! Glad you had limited actual loss.

Imma rookie in Norcal, and had several thrashed by the same storm. I too was lucky and harvested 3 with little lost.

Happy Croptober!

1020170810a
BudBogart

BudBogart

Great looking grow, BudBogart.... before and after the storm chaos! Glad you had limited actual loss.

Imma rookie in Norcal, and had several thrashed by the same storm. I too was lucky and harvested 3 with little lost.

Happy Croptober!

Way to hang tough where most newbies would cut and run.

Bronco

Bronco

I grew my first plant this year (outdoors) In NorCal.....Had some wind damage this year but not bad but got me thinking about next year.........I had nothing like your pics but still got me thinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom