Str8s Orient Express

• Thread starter str8smokn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

so this should be a good one then? I’ll go big and go with the d5600 .
View attachment 813463
This will be for my wife ,; but I’ll get to use it too.
Of course.
STR8

It's a nice kit but there's some stuff in it you'll probably never need. Or your wife.

That Tamron 70-300 Di LD is a crap lens. Ask me how I know it. I got it sitting in a box in the basement. If you want decent 70-300 either take Nikkor AF-P DX or Tamron 70-300 VC version. Nilkor should be tack sharp at 300mm wide open (F5.6) where Tamron is gonna do it's best at F8. Both have image stabilisation, but the Tamron is a full format lens and Nikkor is APS-C. They should cost the same and I would choose Nikkor over Tamron in your case. Tripod is most likely a cheap one that's not rigid enough to avoid mirror slap which means you'll have blurry pics at certain shutter speeds. Filters? You'll find out sooner what suits your creativity. Inuse filters mostly as a front element protection as longnas they don't interfere with the picture quality. There are some other things in the kit you'll most likely never need. That bag, I don't know how much gear you can stuff in there except for the camera with a mounted lens. I'd look for a body+camera kit with maybe a quality card and go from there. You can find second hand or refurbished lenses pretty cheap so no need to buy new ones. You'll also find the need for some other accessories but first get to know your camera and lens and find out where their limits are.

str8smokn

str8smokn

@G gnome
Which one .
0CBDE9B9 240D 49A3 87EA 75B10074AE42

4DB2D513 1956 4654 A9FA 026674357CC7

A9983B1E 27BF 4C90 B213 900404E5DD4D

I love older cameras, if only they made film for these still.
STR8

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A kodachrome!!!

Very nice G.... boy does this tune bring back the memories...….. This one and eltons crocodile rock

smokin panama red and getting nekked with cindy B at the river those were the dayzzzzzzzzzz

This came out the year before Kodachrome.

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Toaster79 Sorry to have you repeat yourself , but just to confirm that this is closer to what you were saying with the lens’s and all.
I’ll have to get the memory card else where I guess.
No biggie on it.
E0B9505F 6A66 479B 8428 D7A2B02B2398

STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

So I was able to drop the one that was needing it, and thin out / raise the skirt on another one .
And then my time was gone.
Took a lot longer than I thought to cut the dead one down tho.
But I’m happy and it would of cost more if a tree guy did it.
STR8

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Once again I lost touch with this thread, damn it! I've got a pretty cool picture of myself that some guy took of me back when I worked at the tattoo shop, (while I was still able), one of those old fuckers that used the big plates that the image transferred to, you have to sit still for a long time so the image doesn't blur.

It gives a pretty cool effect using a camera like that. It was really cool of the guy too, he framed it up nice for me, didn't want a damn thing, just enjoyed doing it, liked finding interesting subject matter to capture and a couple of us there were "interesting" to say the least! :cry: HEAVILY tattooed and I had a few piercings going on back in those days too. Seeing as how I was the body piercer it seemed to make sense.

I'm a member of the Knights of Pythias, (although I haven't been active in some time, but I was active in it in those days though), and an older guy that I was friends with there asked me why I had so many piercings, which was quite a few at one point, and my response to him was that it was what I did, (at least at that point it was), and asked him if he was going to hire a man to shovel shit, would you hire him if there was none on his boots? He simply replied, enough said. Haha

Sorry, didn't mean to go off the rails there, had a moment.

Toaster79

Toaster79

@Toaster79 Sorry to have you repeat yourself , but just to confirm that this is closer to what you were saying with the lens’s and all.
I’ll have to get the memory card else where I guess.
No biggie on it.
View attachment 813786
STR8

Sorry for the late reply. Don't know how I missed this.

Yes that would be it for starters. Just see what 70-300 is in the kit. And regarding the bag. I'd take a backpack with side access to the camera so you don't have to take it off your back but simply pull the camera out of it from under your arm. I started with this one but got too small pretty quick

61Bmkp6HWOL SL1000

You can easily fit the camera with the 300mm mounted.

str8smokn

str8smokn

My first attempt at Tropicals .
I picked up a Desert Rose bush/tree. I love the blooms they put out.
This one is mine..
FFA665EB D617 4D3E B44C 1AD17B3DBB1F

And this is one I saw while on vacation in G.Caymens .
CB421DBF 850D 4C5F 90E5 BBE9C5B1145E
I love the beauty in the scarceness of foliage with the flowers on the tops.
I just hope I can get mine to that size.
STR8

Top Bottom