Str8s Orient Express

• Thread starter str8smokn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organix4207

organix4207

I've been doing compost also,I have a 5' wide x 4' deep x 4' tall pile going now with kitchen scraps,lawn clippings,and leafs with chipped sticks. But it's in partial shade so it never realy COOKS,just reading on how to cook soil-they say oven at 200*/internal temp 180*for 30 mins..but I will do outside over fire ,will just have to keep eye on temp,anything over 200* is toxic.been using it in raised beds(not cooked though),so a lot of weeds are popping up.
STR8
I load my compost with organic nitrogen. Like bone and blood meal and feather meal. That gets it cooking .......with gas lol
you will know when the temp goes nuclear. This will kill off any stray seeds etc.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Here's my compost
,as you can see not much cookin.. Slooww cooking. I need a tumbler type, to do small batches..

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Looking good dude, I just got a nice compost tumbler, good investment , most definitely

str8smokn

str8smokn

So they were feed Capps OG and molasses brew ,every gal is happy. If you look at the bottom left,she's only about 51/2" tall but has seven/ eight nodes,I think it's from the CFL being on her tight all the time.dont know. I will try and get individual shots later.
STR8

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am diggin the grow Str8
Not only are you keepin it under a few Cfl's but your tearing um up !
Looks great and the Plants are Lookin Supper Green ! ! !
Sendin ya the A+ for bringing on the Fun in the Grow
Peace and Good Vibes 8
flyJ

str8smokn

str8smokn

Thank you @FlyinJStable there is also a 400wt HPS above, I figured the CFLs would help keep em a little shorter. Thank you for all and any Vibes my friend.
@usstoner thank you stoping by and checking my grow,I'm still trying to get the hang of this.
Thank you all for stopping by and have a great,green Memorial Day my friends.
STR8

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Man, every time, I check out your thread, I get so jealous... Free cookie seeds!! Your ladies look wonderful and you are nailing it.cant wait to see the flowers start popping up

str8smokn

str8smokn

Thank you much..I am just as excited as you are! Free flowers are the best,now let's hope I can do them justice.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

I need to get clones off of them all and start to flower! Where or how do get clones ,do I just top them and clone the top? Do I need to pinch and wait until new growth comes in? Do wait until lateral branchs get bigger and clone them?they are now reaching close to 10-12" tall. Once I get them cloned the mothers will go outside to finish summer,while I flower clones to find sex.
Any help is appreciated.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

All plants I've grown before I've pinched early on. These I just let go so far.
STR8

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yeah dude, get clones of those girls. You can do either to get them, top them or if your branches are big enough , take them. I like 3-5 nodes on a clone , depending on strain , so if your bottom branches can provide it take those, unless you were gonna top anyway ... Up to you doggie... Everyone has a different method so I'm sure many people will chime in .

str8smokn

str8smokn

@SmokyPockets I wasn't sure if topping them three nodes would hurt or stress them too much.but no bottom branches are big enough to clone. Thank you.
STR8

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Naw, topping doesn't hurt them , I'm no expert , but when you top , I believe the plants release auxin( ? I could be wrong here, please chime in if I need correcting) and it stimulates growth on all the branches rather than focusing on the apical meristem ( top cola) . Many strains grow much better when topped ... I have no experience with any cookies, but the only down side will be , it sets you back a little time wise

Top Bottom