Strain Bank Los Angeles Authenticity????

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shavits

Whats up my fellow Californian Farmers, I hope all is well! So today I buddy of mine told me about some clones he received from a place called Strain Bank Los Angeles, and I was curious if any of you have had any experience with this place! How authentic are there clones and whether this plaece is legit? We all know how notorious collective's and nurseries are for mislabeling clones and such! My buddy was very excited about these clones. He got 2 sour diesel, 1 trainwreck, 1 og kush and 1 master kush! But if you read the discriptions of each strain on there website, its sounds like they copied attitude seed bank descriptions which raised a red flag for me! My buddy is flat out clueless about strain origins so I decided to look further into this place! Also, they claim to be the only nursery that does genetic testing of clones to verify its authentic! IDK guess whats your take on this place! Any info would be very appreciated, thanks!

S

ssteely71

You can see that they say where the seeds they used for the cuts came from.
Like their OG kush comes from DNA genetics their blueberry from Dutch passions etc etc.
The site full of misspelled words and it says their trainwreck takes 9 months to harvest lol.
Are any if their cuts actually from Cali ?
Seems like crap to me.

S

shavits

Lol yea when I read some descriptions I thought to myself it was phony! My buddy was so excited then he began describing the strain description and I had to correct him! He thought train wreck was indica and I told him no, its a full on sativa dominant strain! I said that most placed do not sell you true genetics but he insisted it was from a "special place!" Seems like this spot bought some beens from the tude, sowed and grew the strains and now are selling what they found!

S

shavits

On another note, has anyone every herd of BioGenetics Lab Inc doing genetic mapping on cannabis? This is the place strain bank los angeles says they use to do clone verification. On BioGenetics Lab website they say they do do mapping but not specifically for cannabis, plus they do not list any clones or collectives/organizations they have done testing for!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Wouldnt that be cool if it was that easy?you could just send in material and they could tell you exactly what it was?Would sure end alot of bullshit and probably make a lot of people look bad either from ignorance or just flat out making stuff up.You would think they would need some kind of database which i dont beleive exists yet before they could "map" anything.

B

blackice

SCAM ALERT: STRAINBANK / EMARIJUANACLONES :SCAM ALERT

DO NOT BUY CLONES FROM THIS GUY!

He has been scamming clone buyers since 2009, he just uses different names. Don't take my word for it, copy and paste the links below to see how you can be scammed by this guy! He has become quite famous in all of the grow forums, not as a good grower, but as the guy in SD that will take your money and give you crappy clones that are pretty much any strain he happens to have on the shelf.

Do your research before you spend your hard earned money!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-cannabis-seeds-banks/1021407-anyone-try-emarijuanaclonescom.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zach-...marijuanaclonescom-san-diego-clones-th-996998

http://www.jpramirezmarijuanaclones.com/

http://www.invalid.com/california-patients/538523-friends-san-diego-3.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND Here is a letter about CLONE QUEEN and how they have been ripping you off for Years!

http://thetruthaboutclonequeen.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-truth-about-clone-queen-genetics.html

S

shavits

Nice posting @blackice very informative! Just to solidify these findings, my buddies plants have all hermied and do not resemble what they are actually supposed to be! total rip off!

Sespe Creek

Sespe Creek

I ordered some clones from Strain Bank in Los Angeles on behalf of my collective's patients that were advertised as Charlotte's Web, a CBD rich strain known to relieve epilepsy. This is not at all what we are in fact growing, as documented by multiple plant leaf tests by The Werc Shop, a well-respected lab in Los Angeles. I also subsequently verified there is only one licensed cultivator to grow this proprietary strain in all of California, and it is not the Strain Bank.

Strain Bank is being managed by unprofessionals/fraudsters that advertise "verified" and "authentic" genetically-tested strains but don't seem to actually have any useful tests to show people upon request. They are complete frauds.

I'd like to bring this fraudulent practice to the attention of other would-be seekers of specific strains: get your plants tested by a reputable company before investing too much time growing them out. You can test the leaves in vegetative state to get an idea of the ratio of cannabinoids that will be present in the flowers.

urban1026835

urban1026835

@farm.veteran post the test results please i am curious

F

farm.veteran

@farm.veteran post the test results please i am curious
I will on Sunday as soon as I get home from my business trip. I know they are from SC Labs, because I called to verify. I believe they are available to the public on the SC Labs website too.

S

shegrowsbig

Hi, Long time lurker.

I've been searching for clones in LA for the past 2 months and its been pretty fruitless.

Strain Bank & Clone Queen sound like they are just trouble. Why would i risk it?

PO, Buds&Roses, AllStarClones, CloneVille, CBD Delivery are other options (I have no idea if there are others in OC/LA area these are all i found) but as of writing half are currently dry or too busy to reply to emails. In the time it takes for them to reply i could be back and forth from San Fran already.

If Strain Bank is legit they dont make you feel like they are. Their website doesn't feel genuine. It feels like its supposed to be flashy to distract you.

I guess if you like eating floor mats you already have a pretty low threshhold for quality/

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Hi, Long time lurker.

I've been searching for clones in LA for the past 2 months and its been pretty fruitless.

Strain Bank & Clone Queen sound like they are just trouble. Why would i risk it?

PO, Buds&Roses, AllStarClones, CloneVille, CBD Delivery are other options (I have no idea if there are others in OC/LA area these are all i found) but as of writing half are currently dry or too busy to reply to emails. In the time it takes for them to reply i could be back and forth from San Fran already.

If Strain Bank is legit they dont make you feel like they are. Their website doesn't feel genuine. It feels like its supposed to be flashy to distract you.

I guess if you like eating floor mats you already have a pretty low threshhold for quality/
If you don't know who your getting it from personally I wouldn't risk clones in LA. Bunch of scammers. Ime.

S

shegrowsbig

It's a total bummer because it's the reason i want to grow my own plants is because so many delivery services and walk in clubs give off the same vibe when it comes to their medication. Everyone rebranding that the product and so little consistency from places paired with uninformed budtenders is a needless middle man and for my limited personal use i rather grow some quality plants of my own from a proven mother.

I saw OP had a gene vault. I'm not sure what that means from never being there. I did put in a request for some of those cuts (5) . They say on they the website they are backed up with orders. I put i'm willing to walk in. so who knows. Fingers crossed on their timing.

Older strains that are heavy indicas, heirloom / landrace, and high CBD cuts are the thing that i'm on an adventure for. If i'm going to love and care for a plant i want it to be something i'm proud of. I hope my problem is i find so many legit strains i have make all these little bonsai moms and keep them on a shelf if i'm not currently flowering them. xD

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
It's a total bummer because it's the reason i want to grow my own plants is because so many delivery services and walk in clubs give off the same vibe when it comes to their medication. Everyone rebranding that the product and so little consistency from places paired with uninformed budtenders is a needless middle man and for my limited personal use i rather grow some quality plants of my own from a proven mother.

I saw OP had a gene vault. I'm not sure what that means from never being there. I did put in a request for some of those cuts (5) . They say on they the website they are backed up with orders. I put i'm willing to walk in. so who knows. Fingers crossed on their timing.

Older strains that are heavy indicas, heirloom / landrace, and high CBD cuts are the thing that i'm on an adventure for. If i'm going to love and care for a plant i want it to be something i'm proud of. I hope my problem is i find so many legit strains i have make all these little bonsai moms and keep them on a shelf if i'm not currently flowering them. xD
Just get some seeds and find a keeper. Its not hard. Peace.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hi, Long time lurker.

Look up TLC collective in LA

S

shegrowsbig

This isn't about seeds and most of the stuff I described you are not gonna just pick up with seeds.

Thanks for the tip. I'll shoot them an email and see what they got. Anything you recommend that you've gown from them?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This isn't about seeds and most of the stuff I described you are not gonna just pick up with seeds.

Thanks for the tip. I'll shoot them an email and see what they got. Anything you recommend that you've gown from them?
I have never been there but, those guys have a good reputation

Top Bottom