Strains For Rosin?

• Thread starter DETtoPDX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Caught the Rosin bug, and I’m looking for some naturally resinous strains for Rosin. Everyone says gorilla glue #4 but I’ve already grown that. I have found Frost Boss and it is said to be very resinous, having been locally bred in Portland for years. Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, I’ve had best luck with local genetics, and they’re all regular seeds. Local Farms claim feminization reduces genetic stability, so if anyone knows of any west coast-ish strains for Rosin, that would be even better.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Caught the Rosin bug, and I’m looking for some naturally resinous strains for Rosin. Everyone says gorilla glue #4 but I’ve already grown that. I have found Frost Boss and it is said to be very resinous, having been locally bred in Portland for years. Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, I’ve had best luck with local genetics, and they’re all regular seeds. Local Farms claim feminization reduces genetic stability, so if anyone knows of any west coast-ish strains for Rosin, that would be even better.
I've been pressing both fems and regs..TBH, it usually is strain dependent here..not fem or regular.

I find that almost anything that I press (my own grows) , presses with yields of between 15-25%. Most of that is due to the humidity level of the flower. I like it a tad above 62%. Pressing at 220dF for 90 seconds.(3 ton all electric press)

I do find that fruity strains, like Blueberry and Pineapple Express pressed exceptionally well. Note: I grew Pineapple Xpress #2 and the yield was huge..however the smoke while tasty, was a bit disappointing (very sticky too).
I am growing Bubblegum now and have really high (LOL) hopes for that one..smoke and Rosin wise.

Have you bulked up your flowers with carbs? That seems to have really helped out bulk wise.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Strains Ive found to have good trich production

Coastal Seeds Puck Yeah...Puck x SL1.. Puck is AKA Skelly Hashplant, and comes from Seed Bank genetics of 1989 Nevil Skelly is considered the most sought after of PNW Hashplants.
Coastal Black Lights...95 Black Domina cut x NL1.. Loaded. This cut won best Indoor Indica at 2018 Humboldt Cup

Dominion Seed Company… Granny Skunk
Dominion Skunk
Sis Skunk
Deadband

Swami Organic Seeds
Blue Orca Haze
Purple Zebra x 85 RKS/Uruapan
The ONE x 85 RKS/Uruapan

These are promising, though I haven't grown them yet, the parent line is KILLER, so I expect the offspring to be as good, or better. I did buy these.

The Nature Farm Genetics.

Nepali Hashplant x Sk18. AKA Whiskey Skunk... Eugene cut of Nepali HP. 32%
San Diego HawgsBreath x Sk18.. By James the Hawger..RIP
Howards Red..Original Cut of what was Howard Marks favorite weed..Red Leb Hashplant x Sk18
Shiva Rose...Original 89NL5 x Sk18 x Sk18
Silk Road Skunk... This 1 is longer flowering, and is very Sativa structured.. Yield isn't the biggest but is beefed up by the Sk18. Loaded with trichs
Original Haze x Sk1 ( Original Cultivators Choice ) x Sk18
Silver Queen Skunk...Original 95 Sensi Haze x NL5 x Sk18
Skunk Rose. Black Domina..Librarians Ortega Cut x Sk18
Stiltons Finest..Shasta Blue Cheese cut x Sk18 Rivals her mom UK89 Cheese. 9-12 weeks
Stonemason...95 cut Black Domina x Sk18.. This cut won 2018 Emerald Cup for best Indoor Indica. Is also the same cut Bob Hemphill uses for his Black Lights.
Red Eye Skunk..Super Sativa Seed Club Sk1 original release x Sk18. Should be some good yielding reeking anything you want to make of it.

All of these should give great high yields, and killer terpenes.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

I've been pressing both fems and regs..TBH, it usually is strain dependent here..not fem or regular.

I find that almost anything that I press (my own grows) , presses with yields of between 15-25%. Most of that is due to the humidity level of the flower. I like it a tad above 62%. Pressing at 220dF for 90 seconds.(3 ton all electric press)

I do find that fruity strains, like Blueberry and Pineapple Express pressed exceptionally well. Note: I grew Pineapple Xpress #2 and the yield was huge..however the smoke while tasty, was a bit disappointing (very sticky too).
I am growing Bubblegum now and have really high (LOL) hopes for that one..smoke and Rosin wise.

Have you bulked up your flowers with carbs? That seems to have really helped out bulk wise.
Yeah I’m not equating resin production to feminine or regular, just that its genetics tend to be more consistent, and so if a strain is said to be more resinous, perhaps regular seeds would be superior to feminized. Maybe no one is totally sure, but I think I’m starting to agree with the farmers that regular will have better genetics, just because it stands to reason that the feminization process by its nature is more unstable genetically. I always roll with Hi-Brix Molasses for Plants, and I’m growing organically. Research shows that plants cant use carbohydrates for energy like humans can, they are unable to break down carbon and hydrogen bonds to release energy. Plants rely on Co2 for their primary source of carbon to produce energy, using photons to drive ATP synthesis. Now that I am supplementing, I have a 5 lb co2 tank as well as titan controls regulator and autopilot apc820 monitor with sensor probe. However, the carbohydrates do feed the beneficial microbes in one’s soil.

Strains Ive found to have good trich production

Coastal Seeds Puck Yeah...Puck x SL1.. Puck is AKA Skelly Hashplant, and comes from Seed Bank genetics of 1989 Nevil Skelly is considered the most sought after of PNW Hashplants.
Coastal Black Lights...95 Black Domina cut x NL1.. Loaded. This cut won best Indoor Indica at 2018 Humboldt Cup

Dominion Seed Company… Granny Skunk
Dominion Skunk
Sis Skunk
Deadband

Swami Organic Seeds
Blue Orca Haze
Purple Zebra x 85 RKS/Uruapan
The ONE x 85 RKS/Uruapan

These are promising, though I haven't grown them yet, the parent line is KILLER, so I expect the offspring to be as good, or better. I did buy these.

The Nature Farm Genetics.

Nepali Hashplant x Sk18. AKA Whiskey Skunk... Eugene cut of Nepali HP. 32%
San Diego HawgsBreath x Sk18.. By James the Hawger..RIP
Howards Red..Original Cut of what was Howard Marks favorite weed..Red Leb Hashplant x Sk18
Shiva Rose...Original 89NL5 x Sk18 x Sk18
Silk Road Skunk... This 1 is longer flowering, and is very Sativa structured.. Yield isn't the biggest but is beefed up by the Sk18. Loaded with trichs
Original Haze x Sk1 ( Original Cultivators Choice ) x Sk18
Silver Queen Skunk...Original 95 Sensi Haze x NL5 x Sk18
Skunk Rose. Black Domina..Librarians Ortega Cut x Sk18
Stiltons Finest..Shasta Blue Cheese cut x Sk18 Rivals her mom UK89 Cheese. 9-12 weeks
Stonemason...95 cut Black Domina x Sk18.. This cut won 2018 Emerald Cup for best Indoor Indica. Is also the same cut Bob Hemphill uses for his Black Lights.
Red Eye Skunk..Super Sativa Seed Club Sk1 original release x Sk18. Should be some good yielding reeking anything you want to make of it.

All of these should give great high yields, and killer terpenes.

My friend I may as well close the thread. Obviously I’ll look for more suggestions, but wow thank you for that information. I’ll be doing some serious research into those strains and their growth tendencies, again thank you so much.

B

Burned Haze

Some concentrate (keif)

Keif screens and don’t buy the pre-made ones, put them in same paper as bud.

You will get a huge yield percentage since it’s a concentration

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

Some concentrate (keif)

Keif screens and don’t buy the pre-made ones, put them in same paper as bud.

You will get a huge yield percentage since it’s a concentration

What’s so bad about the pre made ones? I’m using a 6 ton A frame press with a heating plate kit, and a press mold to smush it all even. Kief is good to press I hear.

B

Burned Haze

What’s so bad about the pre made ones? I’m using a 6 ton A frame press with a heating plate kit, and a press mold to smush it all even. Kief is good to press I hear.

The only negative is they are 5x+ the cost factor when you could get microne and cut your own

Latest posts

Top Bottom