Strains of Yesteryear by DJ Short

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Betty Bong

yeah she sure is a beauty but dont be deceived, she's a killer!

H

Humboldt SeedCo

Are any of those African Black seeds available on here? It's one of the few strains I've only heard rumors about. I assumed it was just Morrocan Hash Plant mixed in with their black tobacco. Tobacco is more illegal there than Hash, so there's a big market for it. I was told that often they grow plants near each other or side by side and occassionally the Cannabis is mashed together with tobacco that dried quickly in the heat there turning black when mashed together with the brown dried cannabis. Just a story though.
I'd love to buy or trade for a small amount of those seeds though! :)
And to everyone, YES, DJ is a very nice person. I happen to befriend him up here and had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years. He's a decent, thoughtful, honest and kind human being. And he talks in the same style as his writing. Besides meeting him via the owner of a local dispensary, upon talking with him, I could instantly recognize his "writer's voice" almost as if his words came off the page from his book when he spoke. Very wise, humble, funny, and considerate human. If more of us took his role model and example, this world would be an even more wonderful place!
H.S.C.

K

kolah

I missed this thread somehow. It's a good un.'

I like the Old Skool' stuff and I am a big fan of DJ's work. I'm growing some of his Vanilluna (aka Vanilla Moon) which is his Blueberry sativa crossed with his Blueberry indica. They are starting to smell nicely even in their later veg stages. And big fatass purple/black stems to boot. DJ's son is following his dad's footsteps and he has created a few strains as well.

"Vanilluna" possesses a complex-yet-subtle palate of a creamy, vanilla/honey blend with a hint of floral bouquet and sweet melon musk. The experience of the finished product is of top-shelf quality; smooth, comfortable very long-lasting (hours) and dreamy. Upon final testing, a few individual plants from the "Vanilluna" provided an experience very similar to the "Blue Heaven", i.e. calming, clear and relatively anti-anxiety. "

Humbolt SeedCO, where is tobacco illegal?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

this is my favorite DJ Short blueberry leaning pheno, she displays pink trichs early on....

Photo 55

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

this is a cut that a mmc center cut from their line up but i kept in mine :D

Dj SHorts FLO

Photo 34
Photo 37

this one displays purple trichs very early on... im working on trying to capture good trichrome pics...

frebo

frebo

Anyone know where F-13 is?
I had G-13, wasn't for shit, fluffy and lacking thc. I also HAD Floed or Flo-Ed that was very similar to your Flo, but it turned almost black at harvest. I miss it.
I loved this old post. I remember those $10 "ounce" bags that were really 3/4 ounce bags. I first smoked with my old high school buddy when he came back from Army duty in Germany. We smoked this, what he called "BLACK AFRICAN HASH" mixed with cigarette tobacco in a tobacco pipe in the back seat of a brand new 1968 big block Camaro moving at speeds exceeding the limit.
Thank you all for the memories. GREAT POST.

Wavegem

Wavegem

I remember I got this stuff maybe 12 years ago called black haze. This chick had 20 sacks in Miami at an IHOP. She had a bunch of dif strains I can remember tumbleweed, anyway I have been looking for that shit ever since. Black and gold

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

DJ is selling F-13 on the majors now :) "The ultimate breeding plant"!!!!! I admit, I'm curious myself and don't know if I can resist. I'd plant that man's poop in my garden. Incredible smoke would probably immediately grow out of it and shame me too ;)
The majors ?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Any one have experience with nevilles black tuna?

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Any one have experience with nevilles black tuna?
Ooh that's another one I want to start! I just popped purple old timers haze and green old timers haze from Ace yesterday, so may as well!

watteva

watteva

Wow all those names bring back fond memories back in the mid 70s in sofla you'd weigh an ounce with your fingers 4 finger bags $20 5 finger bags $25 Colombian gold youd roll a fatty and the whole joint would turn gold sticky resin and what a taste fav was choclate thai most stoney for me was panama red

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Panama Red was the first time I ever bought by the gram. $5/gram when ave commercial was $40 four a four finger oz. I hadn't been smoking long and my buddies couldn't quit laughing at how I had been taken. Until they pulled a bong.
I spent 2-2.5 years in Panama in early 90s. $5 oz for quality weed. But then the best coke I've ever seen was $2/gram. Would love to go back.

WoWGrowGroup

WoWGrowGroup

Came across this article on a search for landrace strains available thru seed banks! Great to hear DJ talk about all of his encounters with the many different genetics thru the years! Lets not forget how hard it was to obtain & keep quality genetics back then! Im 30 years young & have so many fond memories of my early encounters with all the Mexican bricks I used to buy as a teenager. I would get a lot of that brown/blond compressed junk but had a solid plug on what we use to call tennis ball, light ,tennis ball green, with orange hairs & a creamy minty taste boy id love to get my hands on sum seeds! Anyway I loved this great read on with my seed search I suppose!

Latest posts

Top Bottom