Strange Problem With Seedling Not Developing

• Thread starter kenmastazz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kenmastazz

Hi,

I bought some zkittlez(growers choice) and larry bird(zamnesia) seeds from Zamnesia.
I did my usual paper towel germination method after the seeds popped I put them in solo cups with biobizz coco + maxibloom and 1ml/L liquid seaweed ec 0.8-0.9 and pH 5.8.

Only 2 of 5 zkittles seeds popped and the 2 looked like in the pic. I removed the helmet myself but after that they didn't develop they stayed close. I don't understand what the problem is the larry bird seeds sprouted fine and are growing fast so it can't be the medium or nutes.

I never had such a problem are the seeds bad ?

Strange problem with seedling not developing
H

Highkev

Bad seeds call skittles people and tell them what's going on they are more familiar with their genetics

K

kenmastazz

thanks good to know i didn't do something wrong. To be honest the seeds looked kind of strange very small but i wasn't sure....

Ina

Ina

I would also carefully take off that...skin except the helmet.May be it can't go out of it by itself......That doesn't mean it is bad seed.It could be early harvested from the mother plant or it is not so well dried and then the "helmet"and the skin are more tough to brake......Who knows...But it looks like it is growing.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I would also carefully take off that...skin except the helmet.May be it can't go out of it by itself......That doesn't mean it is bad seed.It could be early harvested from the mother plant or it is not so well dried and then the "helmet"and the skin are more tough to brake......Who knows...But it looks like it is growing.

Yup, I remove the husks and membranes on my sprouts when they're stuck. If you're careful, you can remove it with something like a straight pin or sewing needle. Be careful not to stab the sprout itself when/if you do it.

K

kenmastazz

Hi again,

I removed the remaining "skin" and she is ow growing and looking good! Thanks

Reactions: Ina

Latest posts

Top Bottom