Strange Trich Development

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I have a plant in scrog. 5 gal of coco, under a 600 watt hps. A few weeks ago I used my cam to zoom into my trics. It was about day 50. The appeared cloudy, so I decided to use Sugaree (cutting Edge). So been flushing for about a week....I took another look, and the trichs seemed to have started to become clearer.
Now, I've been trying to get this strain to shoot out nanners for several years for some pollin to make s1's.
I've tried silver, Tirista mist, as well as abusing the shit out of her.
This SCROG has some nice light leaks, but if done this before.
I'll post the 1 plant scrog
Then the Reich's from a few weeks ago.
Finally the trichs now.
Anyone have any thoughts? Had this happen to you?
Keep flushing, and harvest? Or starr feeding again?
Pt of my grow method is cutting out anything with N in it at the starr of week 5, as I find I get a much better tasting product, along with some beautiful colors.
No nanners again....will cross to another one of my strains next grow. Btw, everything I've crossed to it has been a winner

Strange trich development
Strange trich development 2
Strange trich development 3
Strange trich development 4
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Ok, let me get a pic of the trichs from before they started becoming clear again, but w/out the hps.
This was 10 days ago.

I've seen trics degrade, but not the case here. I've seen them even connect heads, double heads, and so on...But going backwards, w/out a reveg?????

What would some of you with that have been growing for several years do here?
Hairs are mostly orange, and I do use that as an indicator, but I've never seen this before during flush.

20180103 191047
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

In the first set of pix, you don't see the trics clearing up (last pic), compared to second post?
The last pic in 1st set Is newest pic
yes. 1st pic is oldest, and they're nice, last post, trics cleared up. I'm going confused as hell

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I think it’s just still growing more new trichs. They can come in waves.

I never harvest until I am sure the plant is truly finished.
Same here. The plant is starting to fade, buds are getting dence. I'm growing it in a dish, so I was prepared for a long flush. Runoff is still too high to harvest.
I've been growing this strain dg c qqqa aoa

Bump. Should I start feeding again? I've never had anything like this happen. Need suggestions

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same here. The plant is starting to fade, buds are getting dence. I'm growing it in a dish, so I was prepared for a long flush. Runoff is still too high to harvest.
I've been growing this strain dg c qqqa aoa

Bump. Should I start feeding again? I've never had anything like this happen. Need suggestions

Sounds like you already fed them into overdrive. If they are not growing more pistols and trichs then finish up I guess.

I grow in potting soil and like to taper the feed strength off as they finish. The ec in the runoff usually ends up below .5 ec.

I like to make sure they at least (and at most) get what they need til they are finished. Sometimes the trichs are real close to 100% cloudy and the colored ones on some strains are real vibrant and full too with the last few plumes of white left.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Here's the most recent. I am color blind, and have lots of trouble telling the diffrence between cloudy, and Amber. I usually wait till most are mostly cloudy, than start flushing. I harvest when most everything is cloudy (amber, or milky, I cant tell.), but I know they'r done. I'll just flush until my runoff is .2.--.5.

20180114 224217
20180114 222436
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have a plant in scrog. 5 gal of coco, under a 600 watt hps. A few weeks ago I used my cam to zoom into my trics. It was about day 50. The appeared cloudy, so I decided to use Sugaree (cutting Edge). So been flushing for about a week....I took another look, and the trichs seemed to have started to become clearer.
Now, I've been trying to get this strain to shoot out nanners for several years for some pollin to make s1's.
I've tried silver, Tirista mist, as well as abusing the shit out of her.
This SCROG has some nice light leaks, but if done this before.
I'll post the 1 plant scrog
Then the Reich's from a few weeks ago.
Finally the trichs now.
Anyone have any thoughts? Had this happen to you?
Keep flushing, and harvest? Or starr feeding again?
Pt of my grow method is cutting out anything with N in it at the starr of week 5, as I find I get a much better tasting product, along with some beautiful colors.
No nanners again....will cross to another one of my strains next grow. Btw, everything I've crossed to it has been a winner
Look really close.... those clear trich probably have some orange heads already...another way to see that a trich is finished... it will bend over

A trich will never reverse. ... its being oxydized

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Look really close.... those clear trich probably have some orange heads already...another way to see that a trich is finished... it will bend over

A trich will never reverse. ... its being oxydized
That's what I've always thought as fact. Iyo, ya think they'r about ready to flush?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

As the consumer, I like to harvest in stages. I let the tops get cloudy/amber for sleep, and pain. For playing/listening to music, I like em clear/cloudy.
For the next few more months I'm off from commercial warehouse growing, and only doing some experimenting, and stabilizing some of my strains. I am color blind, as I mentioned earlier, so I have trouble seeing the differnces
I've never seen could trichs go from could, to having some clear reappear. Maybe I'm not seeing it right?
Perhaps new trich's keep popping up?
Since ive already started the flush, I'll take it till i see at least all cloudy. Plant itself still has pleanty of energy in the leaves. (The main reason I don't defoliate)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Most growers starve their flowers of nitrogen with bloom products and then flush. This shortens and defines the plants flowering cycle by killin the leaves off prematurely.

If properly fed through the flower cycle it will tend to grow for a few more weeks than breeder timing.

Along with the massive bud increase the extra weeks come waves of new trichomes.

So nice I have stopped using bloom nutes and flushing I get double the yield I used to and possibly a third more potency.

I am sure since you kept them green they are just still growing and maturing.

Also degraded trichs truth from thc to cbn. Not cbd. It is not psychoactive. It just makes us tired and negated the effects of thc.

Better to grow a strain with the effects we like to a peak finish with all cloudy trichs and very little oxidation. Than to over ripen a plant pretending we can alter the high. We only ruin it that way in my opinion.

Many Grow book authors have shown peak canabanoid production stops at cloudy. Tall round and mostly clear is actually peak thc. We go to cloudy to make sure it’s all mature.

At least that’s how I have learned and see it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Most growers starve their flowers of nitrogen with bloom products and then flush. This shortens and defines the plants flowering cycle by killin the leaves off prematurely.

If properly fed through the flower cycle it will tend to grow for a few more weeks than breeder timing.

Along with the massive bud increase the extra weeks come waves of new trichomes.

So nice I have stopped using bloom nutes and flushing I get double the yield I used to and possibly a third more potency.

I am sure since you kept them green they are just still growing and maturing.

Also degraded trichs truth from thc to cbn. Not cbd. It is not psychoactive. It just makes us tired and negated the effects of thc.

Better to grow a strain with the effects we like to a peak finish with all cloudy trichs and very little oxidation. Than to over ripen a plant pretending we can alter the high. We only ruin it that way in my opinion.

Many Grow book authors have shown peak canabanoid production stops at cloudy. Tall round and mostly clear is actually peak thc. We go to cloudy to make sure it’s all mature.

At least that’s how I have learned and see it.
You stopped using bloom nutes and stopped leaching and get 2x the bud and 30% more trichs?

Most everything i run i go 2 weeks over because a lot of people start flower at first pistil... not 12/12 flip

JMcG

JMcG

You stopped using bloom nutes and stopped leaching and get 2x the bud and 30% more trichs?

Most everything i run i go 2 weeks over because a lot of people start flower at first pistil... not 12/12 flip
You know, I read something along those lines awhile back too. It made sense then and now I basically don't start the bud clock until a week after the flip.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You know, I read something along those lines awhile back too. It made sense then and now I basically don't start the bud clock until a week after the flip.
Its simple advertising.... do i tell people it takes 10 weeks from flip or 8 weeks from first pistil?
Everyone and their grandma will take 8 weeks over 10

Toaster79

Toaster79

Ok, let me get a pic of the trichs from before they started becoming clear again, but w/out the hps.
This was 10 days ago.

I've seen trics degrade, but not the case here. I've seen them even connect heads, double heads, and so on...But going backwards, w/out a reveg?????

What would some of you with that have been growing for several years do here?
Hairs are mostly orange, and I do use that as an indicator, but I've never seen this before during flush.

Those aren't milky. What you are seeing is light haloing from overexposure (way too much light) on those in focus and the rest is out of focus and looks milky because of that.

hillbil

hillbil

Clear trichs sometimes look amber or pale green when just out of focus with common 30x little scopes. When focused right in tight the illusion disappears.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Its simple advertising.... do i tell people it takes 10 weeks from flip or 8 weeks from first pistil?
Everyone and their grandma will take 8 weeks over 10
I've been running this strain for 7 years. It's 9 to 10 weeks from flip (depending on different factors) It puts on size week 5-7, and gets solid the remaining 2 weeks. I took her down early (as I was going to a different location) she still tested at 25.14)
So am I looking at clear trics? The tops fed seem more cloudy, but hard to tell?
This is the first time I ran her in scrog. Pistols showed up very fast, as I usually either don't veg at al, or 2-3 weeks tops, or she gets too tall.
So what's the consensus here? They need 3 more weeks on this run?
I used the stretch to fill in the canopy. I even got some of the cola running below the screen. I think the cold air temps delayed her a few. She's got some colas getting solid, while I know others need a few more weeks.
So am looking at clear trics?

Top Bottom