Strange Trich Development

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Let me see if I can find a more focused pic. I can see shades. To me in this pic they look about 50/50 (clear/cloudy) correct?

20180114 224200
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

See...it put that word up, and changed it from SEMETIC, to GENETIC. Fucking anti semetic phone! I'm from Boston Rd, if that tells you anything

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I've been running this strain for 7 years. It's 9 to 10 weeks from flip (depending on different factors) It puts on size week 5-7, and gets solid the remaining 2 weeks. I took her down early (as I was going to a different location) she still tested at 25.14)
So am I looking at clear trics? The tops fed seem more cloudy, but hard to tell?
This is the first time I ran her in scrog. Pistols showed up very fast, as I usually either don't veg at al, or 2-3 weeks tops, or she gets too tall.
So what's the consensus here? They need 3 more weeks on this run?
I used the stretch to fill in the canopy. I even got some of the cola running below the screen. I think the cold air temps delayed her a few. She's got some colas getting solid, while I know others need a few more weeks.
So am looking at clear trics?
I have seen a lot of strains that are hard to tell... you think theyre clear but if you look close its already amber on top. Some milk more than others.

do you think that your changes increased yield and potency or that you just started reaching genetic ability?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I have seen a lot of strains that are hard to tell... you think theyre clear but if you look close its already amber on top. Some milk more than others.

do you think that your changes increased yield and potency or that you just started reaching genetic ability?
Nah, I just ran the same cuts from mom same mom in a sog, and same results as usual, just winter grow colors. Some nice blue buds w/black leaves in winter. I took thoes 9 weeks, and had em verified through the loop...mostly cloudy. I start a new couple moms from best clones every 4 weeks. Gonna be a good producer for a 600. Strain always produces. My avitar is same strain str8 from clone in styraphome party cups during sumner.

20180106 234109
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You know, I read something along those lines awhile back too. It made sense then and now I basically don't start the bud clock until a week after the flip.
Do 10-14 days...itll be accurate to the breeders

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You stopped using bloom nutes and stopped leaching and get 2x the bud and 30% more trichs?

Most everything i run i go 2 weeks over because a lot of people start flower at first pistil... not 12/12 flip

Well it took a lot of practice and trial and error but that is all I changed. I feel I was watering too soon and I was still following basic nute directions on the bottles before.

I also stopped ph’ing my well water and let the natural action of the potting mix take control. I was surely acidifying my pots with ph down. Another cause of the early demise of our flowers.

I and my breeder start counting at the light change not the first sign of bloom.

I do feed every plant with an individual mixture and only feed/water when the plant absolutely needs. And tapering off the nutes during ripening is a must or bad flavor and burn and even lower potency.

I have found many Growers reach “the 5 oz club” or 1 gpw or however we measure results in the time I have with many different methods.

I was proud to match the breeder of my seeds in a yield contest. But I did follow his instruction.

And I was a brand new beginner when I only got 2 oz a plant too. Experience counts for something.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Well it took a lot of practice and trial and error but that is all I changed. I feel I was watering too soon and I was still following basic nute directions on the bottles before.

I also stopped ph’ing my well water and let the natural action of the potting mix take control. I was surely acidifying my pots with ph down. Another cause of the early demise of our flowers.

I and my breeder start counting at the light change not the first sign of bloom.

I do feed every plant with an individual mixture and only feed/water when the plant absolutely needs. And tapering off the nutes during ripening is a must or bad flavor and burn and even lower potency.

I have found many Growers reach “the 5 oz club” or 1 gpw or however we measure results in the time I have with many different methods.

I was proud to match the breeder of my seeds in a yield contest. But I did follow his instruction.

And I was a brand new beginner when I only got 2 oz a plant too. Experience counts for something.
K so different temp and humidity can change your results

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've been running this strain for 7 years. It's 9 to 10 weeks from flip (depending on different factors) It puts on size week 5-7, and gets solid the remaining 2 weeks. I took her down early (as I was going to a different location) she still tested at 25.14)
So am I looking at clear trics? The tops fed seem more cloudy, but hard to tell?
This is the first time I ran her in scrog. Pistols showed up very fast, as I usually either don't veg at al, or 2-3 weeks tops, or she gets too tall.
So what's the consensus here? They need 3 more weeks on this run?
I used the stretch to fill in the canopy. I even got some of the cola running below the screen. I think the cold air temps delayed her a few. She's got some colas getting solid, while I know others need a few more weeks.
So am looking at clear trics?

I’m not sure but I will say I have strains that don’t really go cloudy so much as colorful trichs and bloom have noticed one thing common to all of them.

The buds feel kind of “glassy” when the trichomes are finished and start to stratify.

So if there are no more white receding pistils and the plant looks done and the buds feel harder than soft to the light touch I harvest if the trichs are full and round and starting to lean over from the weight of the oil in them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I guess but I keep things for both rooms at an average of 76 degrees and 50% humidity with humidifier and dehumidifier.

66 at lights off minimum and I haven’t let the temp out of range more than 3 degrees since I started.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I guess but I keep things for both rooms at an average of 76 degrees and 50% humidity with humidifier and dehumidifier.

66 at lights off minimum and I haven’t let the temp out of range more than 3 degrees since I started.
I like 60/75...calculate your fluctuations. ..i like 15 degrees...humidity should be 30%

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

hahahahaha. dude I was just kidding

I thought it was kinda funny
I try and avoid religion if possible. I will proudly say, Trump is a fucking idiot, who
Idk ..about the RH (maybe altitude has something to do with it), as I've grown it in very cold conditions, all that's been effected is the color. I make sure my water temps stay between 63-67. It's always out preformed most strains I've grown by a significant margin. As I've said, I only veg when in my "real" spot. RH during these vegges have been around 20% give or take. W/lights off right now my flowering, and mother plants are sitting at 25%. However this has gone for every strain I've grown in Col.
As for the comment about judging the plant, and feel of the buds is exactly what I'm going to be doing this time around. I know the laws of physics apply in my grow spaces, but talk to any pro growers in Col, and I can say humidity hasn't effected anyone' grow I know of. I never use c02, or sealed rooms either, and have had as good, or better results than anyone I've met. I definitely think the altitude helps, as c02 ppms are always around 500, to up to 11 hundred with trim crews.
I'm going to take pics tonight through my scope so we can get a better look.
Pythium during a summer a while back was a bitch, but got thru it, aphids once hurt me bad, as I misidentified em, water too cold, or too warm definitely will play an effect on yield. Luckily, I've inly had mites once, but caught em early in veg, and was able to get rid of em.
But anyways, what do you guys see frim the pics I've posted?? Clear, partly cloudy, or mostly cloudy?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like 60/75...calculate your fluctuations. ..i like 15 degrees...humidity should be 30%

Too dry for me. Excessive transpiration. I would drop it off at the end maybe but if have to compromise for all the different size plants in different stages.

But I know plenty of Growers who do great in low humidity. Strains may matter too. I like sativa leaning hybrids. They seem to like humidity.

I have flowered at close to 70% rh in my old house with no negative effects.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Too dry for me. Excessive transpiration. I would drop it off at the end maybe but if have to compromise for all the different size plants in different stages.

But I know plenty of Growers who do great in low humidity. Strains may matter too. I like sativa leaning hybrids. They seem to like humidity.

I have flowered at close to 70% rh in my old house with no negative effects.
Hahahaha i can do walmart buildings like this

Strain doesn't matter

IMG 20180114 173508 060
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thats 20 different strains
Lol, yeah, shoulda zoomed in. Are they future moms, are gonna run a VERY multi strain garden, or testing genetics out. You did a great job getting the feedings right. In my life, I don't think I ever ran more than 5 diffrent strains at once...Well, besides bag seeds in late 80's

Top Bottom