Subcool Super Soil And Teas ( Need Help With The Teas!!!)

• Thread starter Thecalikid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thecalikid

So i'm looking into running subs super soil which if you are unfamiliar is some heavy compost soil but also want to pour some tea in there from time to time but i have very little experience with teas so any help or suggestions are much appreciated

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
So i'm looking into running subs super soil which if you are unfamiliar is some heavy compost soil but also want to pour some tea in there from time to time but i have very little experience with teas so any help or suggestions are much appreciated

Get yourself some good compost, wormcastings, molasses and maybe fish hydrolysate and kelp. You don’t need to put much as these teas are not meant to be npk fertilizers. Nutrient teas are usually done anaerobic.

Well anyway, put your castings and compost into a nylon stocking or a brewing bag, i personally don’t, if you don’t, you will have to strain it afterwards which can be a hassle on a bigger scale. Moving on, in your prefered brewer mix water, fish hydrolysate, kelp extract and molasses (if you use powdered or ground kelp i’d drop it in with the compost and ewc).

Take the nylon stocking and drop it into your prefered brewer, you can attach its one end to something to prevent it from dropping in. Make sure all the materials are submerged in water. Run your airstone 24/7.

If you want you can add some form of surfactant to prevent from foaming. When i do teas in veg i use a drop of neemazal to kill the foam in a 1 gallon brewer. It works for 12 hours then another drop goes in. In about 24 to 48 hrs your tea will be ready.

This is a very basic recipe and can be altered in many ways by adding microbe rich material or different type of microbial food to create a different type of dominance. Usually the trick is that simple carbohydrates favor bacteria while complex carbohydrates favour fungi.

Now as for specific amounts, i’ve never wrote it down and i listen to my heart when brewing :) just have to remember you’re not trying to get npk, you’re trying to create microbial population. So for example a tbs of molasses per gallon of water is more than enough ime. Just to give you an idea, i use about 5 mls of kelp extract (25%), 5 mls of fish hydrolysate (25%), half cup of ewc and compost and 2 tsp of molasses (66%) in a gallon of water. The percentages given are the ratios compared to a full feeding dosage of those specific nutrient if i were to mix them with water and give to my plants straight up.

It works well for me, the simpler the better. And you can burn your plants with aacts in a mix that is too rich so be careful and don’t overdo it. For high quality, use non sterilized organic stuff to get the most microbial diversity. Hope its helpful to you. And there are many threads and recipes on the farm if you like to take a look at.

Last edited:
Top Bottom