Subdue Maxx

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Glow

@Burned Haze , @Glow, @3 balls --just so we're all clear, i'm a chick. @Rootbound has me straight up flirting with him in public! sorry but that shit just kinda swept me off my feet....:ninja:

Hey, no value judgements from me.

SinCity

SinCity

I believe what he meant is the use of beneficials in hydro. by practice growing and nurturing a microbe population in the rez. It used to be folks thought hydro could only be successful by keeping a surgically sterile enviro. But time and research has shown that this isn't the case. I will divest and allow @Glow to elaborate more. He is more knowledgeable than I.

that's what my little brain was beginning to conclude. i had no idea and how fucking cool!!!! my first two years of growing (1991 and 1992) are the only time i did hydro--and for me soil-less is stress-full :sweating:. such precision required for so many variables--i need a little margin for error (LOL). and i still have slight PTSD from the time the electricity went out in my ebb and flow house :crying2: i have so much respect for it....beautiful tumbleweeds of pure white roots--stunning.

but i digress...HOW COOL!! UNDERWATER MYCOLOGY! wow. that's huge.

SinCity

SinCity

Hey, no value judgements from me.
oh wait--is fungus used? or just bacteria? my little head keeps thinking mychorrizae needs a particulate to bridge the bond to the root, but what do i know?!?! how cool to learn something so

G

Glow

oh wait--is fungus used? or just bacteria? my little head keeps thinking mychorrizae needs a particulate to bridge the bond to the root, but what do i know?!?! how cool to learn something so

Generally speaking it depends on what media you are growing in that will determine the best bennies to add to the system. Fungi such as Trichoderma harzianum and viride have emerged as very efficient biocontrol agents. Bacteria such as Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas fluorescens are also very efficient bioinnoculants. So both beneficial bacteria and fungi exist.

G

Glow

Oh and mychorrizae - Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi (AMF or AM fungi) - are great in soil but tend not to colonise well in high inorganic P and N environments so their use in hydroponics where high inorganic P and N is present makes them less than ideal (for hydro).

SinCity

SinCity

Generally speaking it depends on what media you are growing in that will determine the best bennies to add to the system. Fungi such as Trichoderma harzianum and viride have emerged as very efficient biocontrol agents. Bacteria such as Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas fluorescens are also very efficient bioinnoculants. So both beneficial bacteria and fungi exist.

god bless progress!

SinCity

SinCity

Oh and mychorrizae - Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi (AMF or AM fungi) - are great in soil but tend not to colonise well in high inorganic P and N environments so their use in hydroponics where high inorganic P and N is present makes them less than ideal (for hydro).

fascinating...microorganisms as biocontrols in hydro systems....but also as biocontrols for folks like me who use inorganic N/P solutions and inert soils for short-rotation indoors...

couldn't wrap my head around mychorrizae would function, so i'm glad i'm not going crazy! THANK YOU FOR THE NEW INFO!

Latest posts

Top Bottom