Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Man...im not happy...dude on rollitup said its russet mites,so i google that and find a pic
exactly what i have...oh no..View attachment 849621

I agree it looks like mite damage but you said you checked with a 60x. You should have been able to see them with that. In case you take another look, russets look like worms, broads look like sesame seeds.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah i know ..the dude said no 60x will ever see them..im scared shitless what ive been reading lol..

Hes said to use forbid 4f and avid ..dont think i can get them here..cant find any place..

A 60x can see them if you look carefully. Don't panic, and I wouldnt use those pesticides. What I used, Triazicide, is far less dangerous than those (and cheap, $12 a bottle). If you can get a hold of pyrethrin, it should kill them too, and safe for consumption if used early enough. You have plenty of time for most pesticides to dissipate.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This stuff killed everything when I used it. Might be advantageous for you because of the hose attachment for your low profile girls. It won't be easy to get to the underside of the leaves but a garden hose sprayer will blow them back and saturate.
Screenshot 20190103 090518

There are people on here who disagree with using this stuff but almost every grower around me and I use it. I've tried that expensive Nuke Em and it didn't work for sh*t. If you want to kill these pests and you can't get a hold of, or afford, pyrethrin, then IMO this is an effective option (also kills soil dwellers with runoff).

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks bud...i think i have to look for ingredience used as all your insecticides arnt available here..pyrethium is though..the guy on rollitup mentioned theres only 2 that will kill em is avid and forbid....i can get azamax..

Azamax doesn't work on Broad, Cyclomen, or Russet mites. If he says those are the only two that work then his knowledge is very limited and he's speaking out of turn (I'm struggling to be nice). To the best of my knowledge, and I have put a lot of time into research, organic pyrethrins are very effective against all three mites. I know for a fact, there are pyrethroids that work. I've used them and they are devastatingly effective. Triazicide is one.

Brother, I would not lead you wrong. If you were even considering Avid or 4bid, then you should save some money and "know" the mites are eradicated with Triazicide. (If you can buy it. If not, I'm sure I can find you other comparable products.)

My hydro shop guy is the one who identified my broad mites and recommended it.

I won't say anymore about it. No need to beat a dead horse.

Madmax

Madmax

We are spose to have tomato mites..ive been looking at leaves and fucked if i can see anything though Junk.im seeing hairs and what looks like bulbhead like trics .

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You see the twist at the leaf tips and the chlorosis on the young leaves? That is exactly like symptoms some of my girls showed from broad mites. Others had knarly bubbly look on the new growth, just like your other pics. They were really f^ckin hard to see. I had to back the loupe off, then slowly bring it in closer, until I'd find little specks among the hairs. I think they're around 1/10 the sise of spider mites. I was certain it was a nute problem and tried everything with little result. Some of the nutes I gave them helped a little because those are actually nutrient deficiencies they're causing, along with phytotoxin poisoning.

Look for little specks on the botoom of the young leaves, near the tips, along the veins, among the hair-like trichomes. If you see a speck here and there that look similar, they're likely mites. If it's warm, they are also very quick and can easily hide from the light.

(If you see something but think it was just your eyes, or something on the glass, but can't find it again, it's probably a mite. Russet mites cluster like piles of worms near the tips, but broad mites are usually scattered and by themselves.)

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Broad mites. This is probably x100 or more because I couldn't see them like this under a x60. I couldn't tell you if this is what they looked like, under x60 I couldn't see legs but could just barely see the shiny sesame seed shape.
Broadmites

Russet mites
Tomatoe Russet Mite Adult

(*note* These are not my pics. Found them on the internet. They were too small for me to get pics.)

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks for pics bro...im going to do what you did..ill grab some leaves and take to grow shop and see if he has a stronger loupe to have a good look..i can get green cleaner here.

Haha..i didnt finish my post..well i went down to see mate at store,wasnt there but another fellow.he never had a loupe but he looked at them didnt see any white speckling in between the veins and said you havnt mites.. he was very confident..ive got a 100 to 1200x microscope on the way just to ease my mind.ive got some professor go green he said to use basically cal mag with iron and nitrogen if i remember correctly.ill give them some of that and by the time they are ready for more cal mag(week) the scope will b here and ill have a look..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks for pics bro...im going to do what you did..ill grab some leaves and take to grow shop and see if he has a stronger loupe to have a good look..i can get green cleaner here.

Haha..i didnt finish my post..well i went down to see mate at store,wasnt there but another fellow.he never had a loupe but he looked at them didnt see any white speckling in between the veins and said you havnt mites.. he was very confident..ive got a 100 to 1200x microscope on the way just to ease my mind.ive got some professor go green he said to use basically cal mag with iron and nitrogen if i remember correctly.ill give them some of that and by the time they are ready for more cal mag(week) the scope will b here and ill have a look..

Oh man, that is so worth getting. Great for peace of mind. I never feel 100% comfortable with someone else's evaluation unless I can see it myself. Sh*t, I bet you can read deficiencies in cell damage/changes just like reading the leaves. I need to get one.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sound advice.

Madmax

Madmax

Oh man, that is so worth getting. Great for peace of mind. I never feel 100% comfortable with someone else's evaluation unless I can see it myself. Sh*t, I bet you can read deficiencies in cell damage/changes just like reading the leaves. I need to get one.
Thats right...i need that proof for me to b at ease...all your stories and others scares the bjesus out of me..at leasy i know what the damage looks like now..the hemp mite basically leaves marks same as the red 2 spotted mite .thats that mongrel that does the web..we have a russet mite that is mostly found on tomatoes and is names trm.same as that pic of the white torpedo shaped ones.they start at bottom of plant and work theirvway up..this ones the reason for the scope......plant nodes are going in singles now and are going for it.another month and i should see baby buds...yaaay :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thats right...i need that proof for me to b at ease...all your stories and others scares the bjesus out of me..at leasy i know what the damage looks like now..the hemp mite basically leaves marks same as the red 2 spotted mite .thats that mongrel that does the web..we have a russet mite that is mostly found on tomatoes and is names trm.same as that pic of the white torpedo shaped ones.they start at bottom of plant and work theirvway up..this ones the reason for the scope......plant nodes are going in singles now and are going for it.another month and i should see baby buds...yaaay :)

Two Spot mites leave a distinct freckling. It's easy to identify and they can cause similar looking damage to other mites. I got used to having them. They are persistent pests in my area and never do fully go away. I can kill them all, and they're back as soon as the poison wears off. I got freaked out before I knew how to kill broad mites. All the stories made it sound like they were invincible. I destroyed them with two Triazicide baths. Once youve experienced sh*t that works, you stop worrying, hehe.

Madmax

Madmax

Day 113..im starting to get a little slack with my posting..gave them some bat guarno yesterday along with 1/2 cup of coconut water to 9 litres..plants recieved 6ltrs ea ..
They are starting to use water up now..was only 2 days ago id given them 5ltrs ea.the soil moisture in place was getting close to the red .wish i made my holes bigger so i can water the roots which most likely have grown out of the hole and going into hard soil with probably little nutrients..i think im seeing a very slight change to the leaves.bit early to say yes theres a def change..i decide to use the coconut water because i wasnt seeing any improvement in the leaves.the ratio to cal mag is mg 6% cal 2% iron 1% potassium 250mg.i know that ratio is spose to b wrong for cal mag but i was interested to see what coconut water does..the guarno is 10/10/2 so the % of potassium using coconut water has increased.i know one thing is that whatever the prob is its having not much of an effect of slowing the plants down..they are going for gold..first pics are the ones with symptoms
20190107 144900
20190107 144940
20190107 144827
20190107 144834
20190107 144842
20190107 144733

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Day 113..im starting to get a little slack with my posting..gave them some bat guarno yesterday along with 1/2 cup of coconut water to 9 litres..plants recieved 6ltrs ea ..
They are starting to use water up now..was only 2 days ago id given them 5ltrs ea.the soil moisture in place was getting close to the red .wish i made my holes bigger so i can water the roots which most likely have grown out of the hole and going into hard soil with probably little nutrients..i think im seeing a very slight change to the leaves.bit early to say yes theres a def change..i decide to use the coconut water because i wasnt seeing any improvement in the leaves.the ratio to cal mag is mg 6% cal 2% iron 1% potassium 250mg.i know that ratio is spose to b wrong for cal mag but i was interested to see what coconut water does..the guarno is 10/10/2 so the % of potassium using coconut water has increased.i know one thing is that whatever the prob is its having not much of an effect of slowing the plants down..they are going for gold..first pics are the ones with symptomsView attachment 850282 View attachment 850302 View attachment 850303 View attachment 850304 View attachment 850305 View attachment 850306

Wow, those girls are gorgeous. So the cal-mag did the trick? Wondering what you saw in the scope, or have you recieved it yet? What's the coconut water for, K? It never crossed my mind to use coconut water for that.

Madmax

Madmax

Im not quite sure.the worst one has changed a little but not completely gone but it is looking better..the other i cant really see much difference..they were due for their watering &feed and i didnt want to use the aloe and kelp ferment which has the cal mag in it..so i thought of the coconut water and add that to the guarno feed..my bro used the professors nutrients 4 in 1 ..that has cal,mag iron and nitrogen..its def one of those 4 .bro said he can see the difference or the light color in leaves is less. and looks really healthy..they are getting big.and hes starting to blowout a bit hahahaha..hes peeking haha.i will wait 5 days see what they look like and hit them with the 4 in 1 deficiency nutrients on one and use the coconut water on the other....

Madmax

Madmax

Frock the grounds hard around plants..every now and then ill get the pitchfork out and go around the drip line and try and loosen soil to get a little air in and help water penetrate the soil better...lost a plant to either a rodent eating right around the base of stem or snails have done it.bastards..oh well wouldnt of got much of it anway,but was interested in how it would grow..wasnt growing anywhere near the critical 2.0 and was only 4 days older.happened bout 4 days ago..pics
20190108 191404
20190108 191411
20190108 191432
20190106 205545

Top Bottom