Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Frock the grounds hard around plants..every now and then ill get the pitchfork out and go around the drip line and try and loosen soil to get a little air in and help water penetrate the soil better...lost a plant to either a rodent eating right around the base of stem or snails have done it.bastards..oh well wouldnt of got much of it anway,but was interested in how it would grow..wasnt growing anywhere near the critical 2.0 and was only 4 days older.happened bout 4 days ago..picsView attachment 850514 View attachment 850515 View attachment 850516 View attachment 850517

That sucks. I've heard of rats being a problem like that, don't know about rabbits. Never personally seen rodent or snail damage on cannabis but you got different critters down there so I don't have a clue.

Your plants are crazy big for shorties. I've never seen them like that before. I was going to do some like that myself to increase light distribution but I won't now that I know how hard it is to effectively spray for pests when they're that short. I don't have a good reason to keep them short like you do.

Madmax

Madmax

Rats are rodents where i am...might have to put some ratsack in areas..bit worried the cat might eat it...
It might b easier than you think to spray them .if you can use it like a mist shouldnt have any prob.but i see whet you mean .under the leaves would b the problem.youd get a bad back spraying at there age..if you use some pest management you should b good.you wont b using a ladder like you would haha to get to those delicious buds..i gotta put some pest management in place nxt yr..im pretty lucky on the insect side where i am..aphids have been my only problem so far which were pretty easy to irradicate at the end..
Maybe you could try just one bud.
You know your the first dude to say you wouldnt mind growing some like that..thanks for the compliment bud..appreciate it greatly..ive been meaning to make a screen to put over one and weave it through it just like a scrog net..frock it would b wide lol.i wouldnt have to worry about using heaps of string to hold stems up towards the end..you will see what i mean in a month 1/2 i will b bending quite a few tops over to keep all the tall branches even with the shorter ones..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Rats are rodents where i am...might have to put some ratsack in areas..bit worried the cat might eat it...
It might b easier than you think to spray them .if you can use it like a mist shouldnt have any prob.but i see whet you mean .under the leaves would b the problem.youd get a bad back spraying at there age..if you use some pest management you should b good.you wont b using a ladder like you would haha to get to those delicious buds..i gotta put some pest management in place nxt yr..im pretty lucky on the insect side where i am..aphids have been my only problem so far which were pretty easy to irradicate at the end..
Maybe you could try just one bud.
You know your the first dude to say you wouldnt mind growing some like that..thanks for the compliment bud..appreciate it greatly..ive been meaning to make a screen to put over one and weave it through it just like a scrog net..frock it would b wide lol.i wouldnt have to worry about using heaps of string to hold stems up towards the end..you will see what i mean in a month 1/2 i will b bending quite a few tops over to keep all the tall branches even with the shorter ones..

I barely consider rats rodents. Despite their teeth, they are very omnivorous, and cannibals. Most rodents are both but rats are the only ones I know that eat meat even when theres no lack in non-meat foodstuffs. If i dont get a trap cleared in less than 24hrs, all I'll find is a skull, maybe a little more. And I'm talkin bout 1lb+ rats, big f^ckers. I have a pic of one I killed somewhere in my grow log that was over a foot(30cm) not including the tail. Only ones I've seen that're bigger were the several pounders(1.4kg) in the Sacramento Delta, warf rats. Saw my rat hunting, wild boar like, little terrier fight one once. Looked like two dogs fighting.

You're welcome.

I got a special place in my heart for the ground pounders. I showed you the shortie in my first grow. Everyone's dazzled by tall plants but some of the best producers per sq foot of foliage I've seen are domed. Yours are some of the lowest i've ever seen. I find their uniformity impressive. Shows you know what you're doing. I'm estimating 2.2-2.3lbs(1kg) ea. if you get em trained right.

Madmax

Madmax

Id love to get that much bud..ive ran out of room to the sides and had to tip those laterals to prevent them growing into the others and to keep in control of what im doing.i dont see anyone else doing it like its legal everywhere else...these are the tallest ones ive grown lol at this stage of growth by about 20-30cm taller ..i can tie some laterals down abit..they have got too tall to peg .gotta get some galvanised fence sheeting soon .when they get up abit i will extend the back fence more...1.6 will b my maximum height.any higher they will attract attention...ill get the electric hedge trimmers out haha

Madmax

Madmax

Well that was time consuming .i think ive found a job for my nieces if they want a little pocket money..just foliar sprayed the 2 what have def signs..end up giving both the 4 in 1 professors nutrients ..theres 2 girls when they grow another 2ft most of the tops will all b lst'd down..its gonna b a jungle lol...

Madmax

Madmax

Day 121..gee the days are going fast...its getting incredibly hot here.one of the plants has been showing heat stress so i put some shade cloth on myscrog net to help her out and its working great..no leaves near folding up canoeong and leaf stem drooping they are all perked up how they should be.the other 2 have improved .its like i need to hit them harder.
Anyway some pics of progress.4th pic is blue cheese.
20190115 125623
20190115 125640
20190115 125758
20190115 125905
20190115 125917

20190115 125652
Phylex

Phylex

Day 121..gee the days are going fast...its getting incredibly hot here.one of the plants has been showing heat stress so i put some shade cloth on myscrog net to help her out and its working great..no leaves near folding up canoeong and leaf stem drooping they are all perked up how they should be.the other 2 have improved .its like i need to hit them harder.
Anyway some pics of progress.last one is blue cheeseView attachment 851567 View attachment 851568 View attachment 851570 View attachment 851571 View attachment 851573
Very Impressive. I can't wait to see this space as it's finishing up.

Madmax

Madmax

Day 125..worked out pretty qik ive been underwatering them.6ltrs ea on tues,checked nxt day moisture meters saying nope so another 7 litres.checked thursday still saying ."give me more slack arse.so 8 litres.checked today and its in the middle of green ..ive never watered this much..thought maybe half is going straight through cracks in ground.its been very hot though.some reprieve tomorrow , thank fuck for that but back into the 30s nxt week..gave them a foliar with aloe kelp ferment and em-1.have started taking off all the rubbish that wont grow anything .get this out of the way before the the flowers start to appear..it wont b long now within a couple weeks i reckon..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Still looking great.

Man, I can see the heat. My girls don't even like it over 90F(32C)(during the day). I see their slow growth around 10% during daylight hours but they blow up at night. Off the hook growth, inches per day.

It's funky here right now 48F(9C) and rain, but I still prefer it to the 105-110F(40.5-43.3C) summer heat waves.

Madmax

Madmax

Same here bud .once over 32 2 gals dont go on it much.they suck 8 ltrs a day when shes stinkin probaly need to give them a couple more ltrs but i dont want to over water them.id rather them showing me they need it than saturating the roots drowning them etc..got a fish pump and mak8ng a brew for them.i did have the air stone in a stocking but wasnt working propper so i took it out..its agitating it but missing the worm castings which is heavier than than whats in there..i just slapped it up and got it running.i will get a screen or something to put ingredience in..i clean forgot when putting the malasses in there its got to b warm or hot so it dont just go straight to bottom in cold water...got a heap a shit in there..neem cake,kelp meal,alfalfa meal,malted barley,soluble kelp,fulvic &humic acid,oyster shell,soluble azomite and some special blend of bacterial and fungal dominate microbes..i will give them a drench then foliar,then water probably till start of feb then i will give them an early flower brew.then switch to a late flower brew with all the goodies..i reckon this is all they will need..View attachment 20190121_231854.mp4

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Same here bud .once over 32 2 gals dont go on it much.they suck 8 ltrs a day when shes stinkin probaly need to give them a couple more ltrs but i dont want to over water them.id rather them showing me they need it than saturating the roots drowning them etc..got a fish pump and mak8ng a brew for them.i did have the air stone in a stocking but wasnt working propper so i took it out..its agitating it but missing the worm castings which is heavier than than whats in there..i just slapped it up and got it running.i will get a screen or something to put ingredience in..i clean forgot when putting the malasses in there its got to b warm or hot so it dont just go straight to bottom in cold water...got a heap a shit in there..neem cake,kelp meal,alfalfa meal,malted barley,soluble kelp,fulvic &humic acid,oyster shell,soluble azomite and some special blend of bacterial and fungal dominate microbes..i will give them a drench then foliar,then water probably till start of feb then i will give them an early flower brew.then switch to a late flower brew with all the goodies..i reckon this is all they will need..View attachment 852797

Looks really good.

The molasses will eventually break down into the tea. Doesn't take long.

Next time put the solids in a mesh bag and hang it over the aerator outlet. It'll bubble the tea through it while oxygenating.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Now I had an opportunity to taste this very cross last week! Tell ya what! Man that is some tasty tasty cheesy smoke man!
I’m getting some seeds from a good grower that developed this cross and he went further but I won’t out his x’s.

Madmax

Madmax

Which one..the blue cheese or sherbet...hey is that a pic of a sherbet bud in....where did i see that......pauses........ was that in bud of the month.what ever it is..

Im keen as mustard to try.i gotta fang for over 2 months lol...plants are starting to stretch but havnt started.....i hope they have a nice aroma.they sure are turpy in veg...

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Brews working.well i think it is..theres a few threads on here saying an aquarium fish tank pump is not big enough...28 hours View attachment 852943

That fish tank aerator looks like plenty for that container. You could look into getting a finer stone to reduce bubble size and O2 saturate the tea more effectively. (It looks like you might have taken the stone off completely, but it's for the reason I gave that a stone should be used)

Madmax

Madmax

It does hey only 10 ltrs in there.Yeah one hasnt an airstone atm...i completly forgot to get 2..i was talking to the sexy chick in shop and well uno what chicks do lol...i started thinking with my dick haha..im pretty broke atm to make another venture into civilization.i might see it there is a bigger one or even make a T fitting and try 3 in there..i will mix it 1:1 and maybe put a couple extra litres in .ill give the girls a watering half of what they normally been getting then put 4ltrs ea of the tea on top of that.nxt one ill foliar spray em.i probably wont give it to em all the time as ill run out pretty quick..50 bucks for a kg is up there

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It does hey only 10 ltrs in there.Yeah one hasnt an airstone atm...i completly forgot to get 2..i was talking to the sexy chick in shop and well uno what chicks do lol...i started thinking with my dick haha..im pretty broke atm to make another venture into civilization.i might see it there is a bigger one or even make a T fitting and try 3 in there..i will mix it 1:1 and maybe put a couple extra litres in .ill give the girls a watering half of what they normally been getting then put 4ltrs ea of the tea on top of that.nxt one ill foliar spray em.i probably wont give it to em all the time as ill run out pretty quick..50 bucks for a kg is up there

Sounds good. I was thinking of doing a 50gal plastic drum this year using a bubble snake. The components are expensive but come in petty large sises (crab, kelp, and fish meal on Amazon), so it should last me a full season on my big outdoor girls and I'll bolster it with Primordial Solutions nutes.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Sounds good. I was thinking of doing a 50gal plastic drum this year using a bubble snake. The components are expensive but come in petty large sises (crab, kelp, and fish meal on Amazon), so it should last me a full season on my big outdoor girls and I'll bolster it with Primordial Solutions nutes.
Hey in what doses do you use primordial??

Latest posts

Top Bottom