Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Im the exact opposite.shes all green grass around me.few shrubs trees etc.i sprayed the area few moths back heeps of weeds and stinging nettles galore lol.they are all coming back up everywhere ..was told yrs ago nettles only grow in good soil..they arnt anywhere else for miles.going to skip down to the store tomorrow and see if i can get the de or azamax .hopefully i can find some..the sooner the better..

Madmax

Madmax

Just a pic of what aphids ans some other insect have done.you can see also what the white oil has done ..it goes black then to a crisp few others are like it ive got some diatomaceous earth coming.i put my reading glasses on and went over the plants no aphids but a few with wings and seemed to b sucking the plant.ive tipped this one below so it slows it down once not twice from the damage.gonna tip another one and then give them some aloe kelp ferment.

When i gave them a taste of fulvi acid couple weeks back it says 20-50 mil to 10 ltrs.i used 20 .gave them a spray then i thought..hey i have a truncheon i'll check and see what it reads..
didnt read zilch.the truncheon only starts at 100 so i put a little more fert in and was flickering between 100-200 ..
Id like to know what ppm should i b giving 1 month old plants.ive looked at a few hydro threads using 200-250 i think it was..should i use same or abit stronger.i always go less by the reccomendations on label but having that trucheon i can check actual strength now..i bought that for when my indoor grow starts.....pics
20181016 122448
20181016 122503

Sick ones getting better .one stem is all deep purple
20181016 122523

Last edited:
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Pyrethrin based insecticides are good for controlling aphids. But it is likely those aphids are flying in from your surrounding area. So while treating your soil is ok it will not eradicate the pests. Treat the plants with several different products to ensure you don’t leave a population that is resistant to a single product, and continue treatment after the pests are gone, it will be preventative at that point.

Madmax

Madmax

I spent abit of time with them today..there is one hole i was preparing for a plant and was around 5.9 i bought some composted cow manure and i put some in the hole and while i was doing that i noticed aphids with wings hanging around and found a few under leaves on plants so your right they are flying in..what i dont get is ive seen a vid with them coming out of another ones arse every 30 mins and wondering why im not getting more of them.didnt see any wingless ones..i use to work on a farm for awhile where they grow pyrethium plants to make fly spray..b good if they still had them id go for a cruise up yonder and get a few batches...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Aphids are born pregnant, sometimes giving life birth and sometimes laying eggs. Either way they reproduce very rapidly. This is why controlling aphids can be a real pain. But get at them now and keep a preventative regiment in your schedule. Sometimes using sacrificial crops can help keep the infestation down on your important plants. Try lettuces to sacrifice, they might find there is an easy meal to be had there. If infestations on the sacrificial crops become bad you remove them from the growing area along with the pests.

Madmax

Madmax

Well i'll b ..im learning something new everyday..thats a good tip.i will see if i can get them under control before the business ...i should do .i will purchase some Azamax or pyganic what i came across looking for azamax which has pyrethrins in the product and leaves no residue..unsure if will hurt though.i looked at eco neem but was worried bout the oil in it
thinking it would do what white oil done..smithsjunk has had success with Azamax and thats good enough for me.i will see what happens using De.that should rock up tomorrow
Says its best on plant when they have moisure on them buti reckon that will block the pores.i have a couple kgs coming.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Don’t worry about using neem oil, it is safe to use at all levels of growth. I have never used that brand but again I wouldn’t worry about it clogging stomata. If using concentrated products start with half strength and test on a single plant or a small portion of a plant to see what the reaction will be.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks Smoking Gun ...i appreciate your help .i have a couple sick ones which were very slow to get going..i will try on one as see how she takes it...

Madmax

Madmax

Marg ! Marg! ..."The rains are here"..this is a great time to transplant the last girl into her final resting place and tip her at the same time,aswell as the start of the lst training that i will do till jan 12th ,sometime round that date then will let them grow up..its perfect actually, being overcast since yesterday and will b tomorrow also .much more easier on the plant...2 more to tip and just waiting for more top to grow out so i can cut cleanly without damaging the top 2 nodes..i like to do it early when tip is small so less stress i think .one girl has only 1 node on the first sigle leaves...well not i can see the other one atm..i always go 6 laterals so i might pinch that other node off and wait for another set of leaves to grow...ive done 8 laterals and it turned into a jungle with no space for other braches to go..you will see what im doing in the nxt couple months so stay tuned.....pics...fugly one up first not looking pretty but thats gonna change..
20181017 144352
20181017 145250
20181017 145528
20181017 150155
20181017 150828

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Oh, I just remembered... aphids are "ant cows". I've even heard of ants placing them on plants to graze. Ants may even attack would-be aphid predators. Try dusting the dirt around the bases of the plants with food grade diatomaceous earth. That will help with any crawling pests like earwigs and ants. It's a fairly cheap and effective deterrent. Would probably be good idea to get a DE duster to apply it. I use DE early in the veg cycle when I can easily access the dirt below the girls. I even dust the whole plants. I dont know if it's safe for the plants (clogging stomata and what-not) but I haven't had any problems from it.
I didnt like how dusting left it on the leaves. I guess in veg stage its not noticeable and wears off ..but I dono about during flower. Just around the base is good here.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I didnt like how dusting left it on the leaves. I guess in veg stage its not noticeable and wears off ..but I dono about during flower. Just around the base is good here.

Didn't realise I hadn't clarified that I dont use DE during the flower cycle. Not that it would hurt them, just don't want DE mixed in with my kief. I thought I said that I dusted my girls when they were early in the veg cycle and I could still easily reach their bases. Maybe that was another post. Whole plant dusting is only a deterrent and not effective enough to use on the infestations that come during the flower cycle. I've already switched to pesticides by then.

Madmax

Madmax

The secrets out now of the bag now ;) ....you guys would b just getting up now in US of A .i think 11.00pm here is 9 ish am in NY..its 10.17 now...wakey wakeys layin there all snakey...

Top Bottom