Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Haha..just looked at what i posted.spose to say the secrets out of the bag now..

One too many nite caps hehe..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The secrets out now of the bag now ;) ....you guys would b just getting up now in US of A .i think 11.00pm here is 9 ish am in NY..its 10.17 now...wakey wakeys layin there all snakey...

Nope, I'm almost always up. Only sleep enough to get REM sleep. Right now I'm out on my deck with some talk radio playing on my trailer speakers, blazing a bong, waiting for the sun to rise.

No neighbors close enough to bug with noise. Living in the wilderness is some good sh*t.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Haha...wake and bake..sounds like your in a great spot away from civilisation..
Im out of the big smoke and in a rural area...can make as much noise as i like.

Yeah i battle also ,specially without nite caps,i'll toss and turn thant much i wake up like a wrapped up mummy haha..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Haha...wake and bake..sounds like your in a great spot away from civilisation..
Im out of the big smoke and in a rural area...can make as much noise as i like.

Yeah i battle also ,specially without nite caps,i'll toss and turn thant much i wake up like a wrapped up mummy haha..

I have an allergy to the local red clay/granite dust. When I lay down the congestion in my head shifts and I'm startled awake because I feel like I'm suffocating (RSDS makes me have panick attacks which the restricted breathing triggers). It's jacked up because I know that I'm actually fine but my claustrophobia makes me feel like I'm dying.

My claustrophobia has gotten worse as the RSDS has progressed. I'm a very logical pragmatic person and when it's triggered I feel like my personality is split in two.

Madmax

Madmax

That would b awful dude.i can see why you have gotten away from it all.so you can have a healthier life.i think that would b quite frightening.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That would b awful dude.i can see why you have gotten away from it all.so you can have a healthier life.i think that would b quite frightening.

Luckily, the logical part of my mind usually wins out but the attacks can get pretty bad if they get away from me.

I lived up here in the mountains before I got sick, but yeah, I don't think i could move back down to Midtown Sacramento the way my illness is now without ionic air/HEPA filtration in the apartment. I do so love living in the city though. The mix of totally different types of people was really cool. Especially when I was still involved in the music scene.

Madmax

Madmax

Found some more insects with wings eating a plant so gave them all a light dusting..
Just before that i gave them a foliarvspray of cal mag ..i tipped to and lst my last 2..mowed lawns ,checked bak in 3 hours and one didnt like the de or the cal mag..other ones not affected..id say the blue cheese from dinafems pretty weak..the sunset sherberts are loving it..it might come back .ive put some things in front of it to keep it out of the sun..that was the best cheese i had..ive sprayed all de off and gave it a little drink..its all i can do..both got same treatment soi dunno..1ml of cal mag in 1litre water..plants old enough..
Sunset
20181022 170020
blue cheese
20181022 170009

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Found some more insects with wings eating a plant so gave them all a light dusting..
Just before that i gave them a foliarvspray of cal mag ..i tipped to and lst my last 2..mowed lawns ,checked bak in 3 hours and one didnt like the de or the cal mag..other ones not affected..id say the blue cheese from dinafems pretty weak..the sunset sherberts are loving it..it might come back .ive put some things in front of it to keep it out of the sun..that was the best cheese i had..ive sprayed all de off and gave it a little drink..its all i can do..both got same treatment soi dunno..1ml of cal mag in 1litre water..plants old enough..
SunsetView attachment 837324blue cheeseView attachment 837326

Wow, that sucks. Yup, IMO, either she needed water or something just happened to her roots. Do you have moles, gophers, or burrowing mice/rats?

Madmax

Madmax

Nah nothing dude.the lst was only light.the nxt day i would gave it a little more bending..
So i havent hurt roots..im 100% sure on that ive done 4 things .well 3 actually as i re dusted the plant so it cant b de..one plant i was tipping had a yellow area on second top leaf i gave them all a foliar spray after topping then leaves dried a little so the de would stick better.uno nust a light mist.i'll take a pic side on of the 2 so you can see the lst..we have had quite abit of rain ..ground is nice and moist.and dont need a drink for a good week easy..ive never had a plant do that after topping.wonder if the cal mag on the cut from where i topped it is the culprit

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nah nothing dude.the lst was only light.the nxt day i would gave it a little more bending..
So i havent hurt roots..im 100% sure on that ive done 4 things .well 3 actually as i re dusted the plant so it cant b de..one plant i was tipping had a yellow area on second top leaf i gave them all a foliar spray after topping then leaves dried a little so the de would stick better.uno nust a light mist.i'll take a pic side on of the 2 so you can see the lst..we have had quite abit of rain ..ground is nice and moist.and dont need a drink for a good week easy..ive never had a plant do that after topping.wonder if the cal mag on the cut from where i topped it is the culprit

I've seen plants do that when gophers went after their roots.

Madmax

Madmax

No gophers here thank christ..maybe its just all 4 things combined or that plant was rather weak..plant looked alright though.and other one growing is fine..cheeses me off actually as i havent anymore to replace it..sucks when you only have soo much room to play with..
I took the others to another location and planted them lol..heres another one with lst..the others are that strong they lifted the pegs and they started go vertical.all others are like this below
20181022 183639
20181022 185203

Madmax

Madmax

Will see how it is tomorrow.if no good i put another in glass of water..a dinafem .quick critical .will b 3 weeks behind but should get 1/2 a p easy

Madmax

Madmax

Well that blue cheese is history..never mind,theres a reason for everything..the quick critical has cracked its shell .will wait for a little bit more of its tap root to show and could quite possibly b in its small pot in 6hrs...i have a small def showing on a couple plants.these plant have only had kelp ferment since being in ground and havnt been able to fully water them because of rain we have had and dont want to not drown but want the soil to dry out more before i give them a good dose..i think its why they are showing some deficiency .ive given them couple doses of cal mag .1ml to 1 ltr of professors nutrients foliar sprayed.but hast cleared it up..im starting to think if its sulphur defiency but i used 1 handful and a bit couple months back..any ideas what it could be.

Cheers max
20181023 124022

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well that blue cheese is history..never mind,theres a reason for everything..the quick critical has cracked its shell .will wait for a little bit more of its tap root to show and could quite possibly b in its small pot in 6hrs...i have a small def showing on a couple plants.these plant have only had kelp ferment since being in ground and havnt been able to fully water them because of rain we have had and dont want to not drown but want the soil to dry out more before i give them a good dose..i think its why they are showing some deficiency .ive given them couple doses of cal mag .1ml to 1 ltr of professors nutrients foliar sprayed.but hast cleared it up..im starting to think if its sulphur defiency but i used 1 handful and a bit couple months back..any ideas what it could be.

Cheers maxView attachment 837476

Yeah, after you said the ground was already wet, I was pretty sure there would be no recovery. A little bit if a droop or only a few leaves completely dead, probably, but she looked smoked from head to toe. I still think it had nothing to do with nutes or anything you did and something got her roots. Did you check them? I just don't want to see some critter taking out your girls one by one.

Madmax

Madmax

Havnt as yet..the only thing if roots were attack we do have a white curl grub in soil that would def eat roots.they were were i dug.i probaby could of missed a few when turning over soil and mixing in manures compost etc..right at start i done my best to get what i could see.but nothing can stop them burrowing from nxt to hole to plant..ive never had any problems and this is the first plant ive ever lost..bar seedlings from snails etc..so its all new to me..maybe im jinxed from starting a diary Lol..
Images 18

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Havnt as yet..the only thing if roots were attack we do have a white curl grub in soil that would def eat roots.they were were i dug.i probaby could of missed a few when turning over soil and mixing in manures compost etc..right at start i done my best to get what i could see.but nothing can stop them burrowing from nxt to hole to plant..ive never had any problems and this is the first plant ive ever lost..bar seedlings from snails etc..so its all new to me..maybe im jinxed from starting a diary Lol..View attachment 837483

Certain strains attract more and different pests than others. Two years in a row now, the Two Spot Spider Mites have infested my Orange Creamsicle the week they flipped. Meanwhile, they barely touched my other girls until stopped giving the OC nitrogen nutes for harvest. When the OC yellowed, the Borg moved to the neighboring plants but never really "infested" them. Could have nothing to do with luck and all about a set of terps, or colors.

Madmax

Madmax

Agree...had similar with grubs on certain plant but never touched the ones either side..
Was going through your diary last nite..i skipped quite a few pages and damn well near fell asleep towards the end.was a big read.i think im up to 71 lol..will have to catch up tonite and read the pages i missed..

Madmax

Madmax

Well i dug her up to find out.i think i have broken it which is pretty amazing really as when you look at top pic its not lst much ,same as other plant..nothing gas eaten it....i can pretty much put it back together and you wouldnt know its broken..broken right where its like celery...so my bad lol.....first one ever! Pic .
20181023 160239

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Agree...had similar with grubs on certain plant but never touched the ones either side..
Was going through your diary last nite..i skipped quite a few pages and damn well near fell asleep towards the end.was a big read.i think im up to 71 lol..will have to catch up tonite and read the pages i missed..

Pwaahahaha! I'm very flattered that you've taken the time to do that man, but spoiler alert, l theres a lot of filler in there. Especially between the growing seasons. Though it's probably not a bad idea to read it around late Nov-Dec 2017 if you're ever interested in making rosin. I've got a nice chunk dedicated to when I learned to make rosin and bit later when i was learning how to make vapes. This year I plan for there to be actual growing going on in it through the winter.

I'm kinda embarrassed at how much of a noob I was. I didn't know sh*t about growing when I started last year but I'm sure you know that since you've read it. I'm kinda glad they don't allow editing of posts after 30min because I definitely would have changed or erased some history re: my dumber moments and assumptions. Because I couldn't, you get an unfiltered look at someone starting as a total nervous wreck with pretty much zero growing acumen, maturing into a mostly cool & calm, fairly competent grower. If it weren't for help and mentoring the folks on this forum, like FarmerP, Jumpincactus, dboy510, Budbogart, Cerveres, Toaster79, G gnome, etc... it would have been a different story completely. I really miss Ceveres and dboy510, they were learning at the same time I was. I hope everyone from this season sticks around. If you want to see someone who's really grown in leaps and bounds, check out FarmerP's grow diaries. What was once a cinder block chicken coop in his yard has been transformed in to a bada$$ grow room over the last year and a half. That dude has some mad skills.

Again, thank you very much for taking all that time to read my Grow Log.

Top Bottom