Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thats exactly what i was thinking .break it up just just enough to little to mask its smell .
I bought some lavender seeds yesterday and didnt realise they may take up to 6 weeks to germinate and some dont flower propper till following year..i'll have to buy some and plant in trough like plastic pots and try to find late summer flowering varieties..i will position these down wind from plants.if the wind was southerly i wouldnt have to worry as much.only attract butterflies too and bees..

You could try a shrub called Sarcococca ruscifolia (Sweetbox) if they can handle your cold temps. They bloom in the winter and have a super strong perfume like aroma.
Il 570xN1443992030 5atm
Sar2

Check with a competent nursery pro to make sure they'll work for what you need.

Madmax

Madmax

Flowers in march -april too in southern hemisphere .i think i can get sarcococa confusa in oz..couple of those would look good in pots down side of garage..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Flowers in march -april too in southern hemisphere .i think i can get sarcococa confusa in oz..couple of those would look good in pots down side of garage..

Right on man. I figured you could do something with that.

They are, by far, my favorite fragrant shrubs. I don't have a regular garden (non-pot) without them.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Bringing up the confusa strain got me looking more into it. There's a low growing ground cover form, hookeriana, that might have an even longer flowering period.
Sarcococca hookeriana var humilis Purple Stemi 8597s 64613r 2 1024x1024

When I was first looking for this plant at a local nursery I couldn't remember the name. The cute little girl that worked there looked offended for a moment when it sounded like I was asking her to "suck-a-c@ck-a" until she realised what I was looking for and we had a good laugh. Can you imagine her reaction if I added "hooker-i-ana". ROFL.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Don't worry about flowering times on your herbs, its not the flowers that are aromatic but the foliage itself that is what smells great. If you can, go to a local nursery and pick up small starter plants, you will have more immediate results and they will likely grow at a quicker rate than plants you start from seed.

Also look into gardenias that may do well by you. The aroma from gardenia flowers is like very strong perfume that will permeate your yard. Lilac is a great option for shrubs with aromatic flowers, though they typically have short flowering periods.

Madmax

Madmax

Bringing up the confusa strain got me looking more into it. There's a low growing ground cover form, hookeriana, that might have an even longer flowering period.
View attachment 840131

When I was first looking for this plant at a local nursery I couldn't remember the name. The cute little girl that worked there looked offended for a moment when it sounded like I was asking her to "suck-a-c@ck-a" until she realised what I was looking for and we had a good laugh. Can you imagine her reaction if I added "hooker-i-ana". ROFL.
Lmfao

Madmax

Madmax

Gave them a feed.its only been 10 days but i like to push them and see what they can take
Given 3 litres ea plus i washed what got onto leaves..given them half strength 25 ml per 9 ltrs of water.npk is 14/1.4/8.0 .i like mixing it up too,first feed of fish they have had and is mixed in with liquid compost and seaweed..its been 13hrs since i given it and they are loving it..greedy bitches..
I think they have only had 4 feeds in there 2 months of living.i will b giving them the powerfeed red bottle for the nxt 2 months with the odd feed of liquid kelp ferment and fulvic acid etc.had a little time so i knocked up a small shelf to put all the nutes in.need to put another shelf through the middle.it dont look too shabby..
20181114 120558

Madmax

Madmax

Oh that critical is no good neither was the other one.one died and they other hasnt changed since it came up....sooo put in some more.ones bout 8 days critical 2.0 and 2 are 2 days old quick critical.hope these ones survive.im interested in how these will grow and if they do well will grow these out first run indoors..planted some lavender which should b good size by the time nxt season is here.got some annuals in another bed.i will purchase bigger bushes of lavender and a suck a cocka on my nxt trip to the store..
20181114 125446
20181114 125506

Madmax

Madmax

Day 62.pegging down daily now..give another week and i will b pegging down the smaller branches growing off the laterals on some places..Tip.. dont for your sake put a peg down firm at end of top ,the shear strength of the cannabis plant can snap off the top as it bends upward.the one near end is down very lightly..my soil is soo loose my pegs have to b pretty long to hold branch down firm .if its not anchored firm branch can pull it out of soil and still snap the tip off from where end peg is.some are easier to peg down..i need heaps of them i probably have 300 odd .as the plant gets older you have to watch that the pegs dont cut into branch as it gets bigger,and as the plant gets older the branch will turn woody and will only need a 2 -3 pegs in areas.i will use string towards the end to pull branches out for more light and using it to tie some tops down...and no ..it wont hurt your plant if done propperly ...you can see where a bug ,grasshopper or something has eaten into the branch in 3rd pick..the bastard..i hate insects:badboy:.couple have grown out of there netting ..wil get some tomorroz.the damn cat loves going round and digging up soil if i dont put netting there and leave me a nice suprise..
20181115 130027
20181115 130223
20181115 130142
20181115 120118
20181115 120131
20181115 120143
20181115 120156
20181115 120212

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Day 62.pegging down daily now..give another week and i will b pegging down the smaller branches growing off the laterals on some places..Tip.. dont for your sake put a peg down firm at end of top ,the shear strength of the cannabis plant can snap off the top as it bends upward.the one near end is down very lightly..my soil is soo loose my pegs have to b pretty long to hold branch down firm .if its not anchored firm branch can pull it out of soil and still snap the tip off from where end peg is.some are easier to peg down..i need heaps of them i probably have 300 odd .as the plant gets older you have to watch that the pegs dont cut into branch as it gets bigger,and as the plant gets older the branch will turn woody and will only need a 2 -3 pegs in areas.i will use string towards the end to pull branches out for more light and using it to tie some tops down...and no ..it wont hurt your plant if done propperly ...you can see where a bug ,grasshopper or something has eaten into the branch in 3rd pick..the bastard..i hate insects:badboy:.couple have grown out of there netting ..wil get some tomorroz.the damn cat loves going round and digging up soil if i dont put netting there and leave me a nice suprise..View attachment 841239 View attachment 841240 View attachment 841241 View attachment 841242 View attachment 841243 View attachment 841244 View attachment 841245 View attachment 841246

I had one of my Royal Nepal rip it's roots out of the ground last year refusing to bend and others were to quickly follow, so I didn't LST that strain. My Orange Creamsicle were far more favorable to multi-tops. You don't have to keep them pegged once the branch has up-turned fully vertical again. They've been trained. The stakes can be removed long before they dig in to the plant. You can use yarn between the stakes to fan them out flat or something that can be manipulated into shapes like cushioned wire tie. As long as whatever it is has give, then you shouldn't break any tips. I think I already posted a pic on this thread of my Creamsicle tied down. So I won't post another.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

I always leave mine in bud well atleat a couple of them.. branches spring up if i dont plus they keep the branch sturdy when i let them grow up and makes it easier to use string to position branch.well thats what ive noticed 20 years using tropism on plants.. i have to use string to stop the branch leaning over both sides because of the weight and like the other 10 odd branches coming off that main lateral.ive never used anything else.plenty other alternatives of course .works fine for me though.plenty ways to skin a cat hey..these small plants have only 6 main branches ea .the plants growing now will look exactly like this maybe a little bigger.only bout 1.4 high lol..just ordinary bush weed..smoked up good.bout 2 weeks off being ready here.middle one went first...
20170322 174539

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I always leave mine in bud well atleat a couple of them.. branches spring up if i dont plus they keep the branch sturdy when i let them grow up and makes it easier to use string to position branch.well thats what ive noticed 20 years using tropism on plants.. i have to use string to stop the branch leaning over both sides because of the weight and like the other 10 odd branches coming off that main lateral.ive never used anything else.plenty other alternatives of course .works fine for me though.plenty ways to skin a cat hey..these small plants have only 6 main branches ea .the plants growing now will look exactly like this maybe a little bigger.only bout 1.4 high lol..just ordinary bush weed..smoked up good.bout 2 weeks off being ready here.middle one went first...View attachment 841280

Ooooh, I like those girls.

I only gave alternatives because of the issues you stated. However, I see nothing wrong with how you do it. What works, works.

Madmax

Madmax

I reckon these ones will b crowded being 3 weeks earlier.so more veg time.ill have to b preparedif they grow too tall i will extend the fence 40-50 cm .ones in pic were only bout half the size as ones now....when you read up on yield of sunset sherbets yield between 11-14 oz dont seem much,but i think they will get to that...well i bloody hope so lol.harvest wont last me long to choof it..im like a chimney lol.i dont know what normal is like :blackalien:

Madmax

Madmax

Oh what a beautiful time to b out in the garden seeing nature at its best watering your plants naturally and a great time to take advantage of these conditions and transplant your seedlings..nice and overcast ....perfect..welcome critical 2.0 from dinafem to the tribe.
hmm while sitting with the girls an hour i can see all the insects hanging about.plenty of fungas gnats and baby grasshoppers.they havnt eaten any of the leaves but i reckon they will soon lol.better nip them in the bud before they do.i will shoo them off and hit them with flyspray it does the trick..theres heaps of the buggers...

Day 67..plants are really looking great now.not much to do just pegging new branches here there,adjusting and repositioning them ....pics
20181120 162217
20181120 162132
20181120 162512
20181120 162526
20181120 162158

Madmax

Madmax

And heres the others.using same amendments manures etc minus oysters shell and different soil of course sandy loam which hasnt been worked in donkeys years..really great for the roots...they are going very well.atm.will b tipping them soon after they get 9 steps..in order are BC SS BB SS.The last 2 were sic ones.one has come back quit well.they are 2 weeks ahead of the ones im lsting.tipped the last one couple weeks back..wasnt doing much... pics.
20181121 181802
20181121 181647
20181121 181737
20181121 181729

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What are you covering the soil with around the base of the stalk?

Madmax

Madmax

Its a little bit of pea straw..its good shit...its great for holding in moisture and adding humus to soil..it does quite a few things .improves soil structure and drainage and incourages earthworms and microbial activity.plenty of nutrients and high in nitrogen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom