SUPER MITES!! When FLORAMITE wont work...

• Thread starter COCOLOCO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
From my experience and wjhat worked for my unkillable mites. Azatrol. Takes spraying twice a week and will take a full month and a half or a little longer to fully kill them. It will kill them for good and they wont come back. I have seen a lot of people give up (including myself) on this product because they didnt see results quick enough. YOU CANT MISS A SPRAY PERIOD! I spray once a week with this stuff and havent seen a mite in a year. My climate and my dog make me a mite magnet.

Floramite and Avid on flowering plants? YIKES!!!! I def wouldnt want to smoke any of that stuff. Should read a little bout those chemicals. Azatrol says you can spray almost till a week or two until chop but I wouldnt even do that.

I'm curious if anyone who has had samples tested have used Avid or Floramite in flower and had the insecticide part of the test run on the sample?

EDIT: Just realized this is the UC forum. You can run Azatrol in the system also.

Test
J

Jalisco Kid

All problems will be solved except for the ones caused by the Avid when people burn that Herb/ Medicine.

Mites are bad news, but not nearly as bad as what is commonly used by growers to erradicate them.

Try IPM (Integrated Pest Mangement) style....rotating the use of Azatrol/Azamax......Nitrozime/Algen/Maxicrop......Pyganic (Organic Pyrethrin, Commercial Strength).

Once you get control of the infestation follow up with predatory mites introduced twice a month while continuing to apply the Nitrozime/Algen/Maxicrop. Ascophyllum Nodosum is proven to inhibit the colonization of spider mites, while not affecting the predators.

Also keep in mind that it's often your plant canopy, or leaf temps being too high (speeds up mite metabolism) that perpetuate the problem....dial this in and you'll see any controls you choose to use work much better.

Could you point to where you heard/read that about the kelp ? JK

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have heard the biggest problem with Floramite not working is due to the fact that it is not being PH'd down to 5.5. You have to hit them Hard day 1 SNS 217. Day 4 SNS 217 Day. 7 ForBid and 3days Later Sns 217 then spray Every 7 days with SNS 217. If need be one more time with Forbid. Jack

A

antimatter

Id be be going batshit crazy if I ever got clones from you please never pass any clones around ever. :character0027:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Memory where art thou

Could you point to where you heard/read that about the kelp ? JK

Can't recall where right now....actually read/spoke w/ folks a couple different times on the subject.

I'll start reverse researching as it's been a couple years ago now that I last saw the data on it. But speaking from experience, I've seen rabid mite populations dwindle when kelp was foliared every other day.

Though can't definitively say whether it was the kelp or the enhanced plant health from the kelp that beat back the mites.....or even just the repeated spraying disrupting the mite habitat.

I've heard/seen nothing but great results w/ the SNS product though.....seems like the all natural slam dunk of miticides.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Thanks all for the input. So heres the plan. Im goin with Forbid and Co2 poisoning for my major knockdown. Then will do IPM w Azatrol and Spinosad oncemites/eggs are gone. I like Eagle20 for any PM issues but not for IPM. Curious does anyone know the residual period on the Forbid? any ph preferences Jack? Also found the kelp info and PH when using Floramite interesting..

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Id be be going batshit crazy if I ever got clones from you please never pass any clones around ever. :character0027:

i am going batshit and most of my gear doesnt get passed around so i wouldnt get too worked up... besides i havent had mites for over 5 years and wont here pretty quick. Got the cut of Liquid Butter OG from a very reputable clone bank that guarantees clean cuts.... right...:mad0229:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some guarantee, jeez. Did you see the trick my son's employed with the green bamboo?
I have heard the biggest problem with Floramite not working is due to the fact that it is not being PH'd down to 5.5.
That, along with not following other manu mixing directions can cause problems. For instance, everything I have in my arsenal wants to be pH'd to 7 and they want an additional horticultural oil in addition. But I doubt many people pay attention to that, just as they don't seem to pay attention to warnings regarding how much time needs to pass before you can work around the plants again, and PPG.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

has anyone noticed any added anti pest/proactive benefits from using potassium silicate through out the plants life cycle?

i treat all my plants/clones (once they root) with azatrol routinely as a preventative measure against any pests. i learned the hard way after a 3 month long battle with thrips. i also make sure to wash my hands before entering the grow room and make sure to remove socks or clothes that have been in contact with the outdoor environment or my neighbors dog lol

i havent had a pest issue since.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have only recently added silicates to my nutrient regimen, cp. But, what you describe is a great protocol. How do you apply the Azatrol as a prophylactic treatment?

B

Buddy Flowers

"If you cannot get the Pyrithium bug bombs, for some reason you cant anymore in some states"

they're for commercial use only and "they" are cracking down on sales them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
"If you cannot get the Pyrithium bug bombs, for some reason you cant anymore in some states"

they're for commercial use only and "they" are cracking down on sales them.

Does that include the time release cans for misters?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Forbid 4f does the trick (made by bayer), as floramite is not an ovacide. I have had mites come back from floramite as it didn't kill the eggs off but I had mixed my floramite using tap water and did not ph adjust it. It took like 4 weeks for them to come back but they did. The floramite turned a nasty yellow color in the bottle after a few days.

For floramite you need to use distilled or spring water (chlorine ruins floramite somehow, that's what turns it yellow), mix in some cocowet or a few drops of dishsoap as a wetting agent, and drop the ph to around 5. Mix it fresh before you use it, floramite will expire a week or so after being mixed.

It's the eggs you gotta worry about. I've heard azotrol is an ovacide as well but I've never read up to confirm this.

I do the same with the forbid; use distilled water, cocowet, and drop the ph down to 5 or so. Eggs end up in the dirt so spray the dirt as well.

DO NOT use any of this crap in flower for mites, maybe the first week after light flip but that's it. This is a veg only solution.

I bomb with co2 and then use predator mites if I'm into flower. Don't use chemicals/pesticides in flower even if they're organic unless you like smoking that kind of crap.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Thanks Mr.Spudnik good info. I ordered Forbid over Avid due to the ovacide so well see how that does.. I always use RO water w cocowet but have never dropped the ph so i hope this helps. Do you think RO is ok or should I use distilled? Any prefered ph down derivatives?
BTW I agree NO synthetic systemics during flower! Been holdingthem in veg till the forbid comes then i can Spray w atomizer and do Co2 poisoning every 3 days for 4-5 treatments then Azatrol/Spinosad for IPM. Little Bastards WILL DIE!

I

InvisibleM

You can order them online, Doktor Doom is made to be used in houses up to the day of harvest. You can't get much safer than that. But you want to eliminate the mites not just slow them down.

The predator mites will not eat all of your mites, so you will have a constant infestation for as long as you grow. Also the bad mites can spread to other grows through clothing and finished buds if you don't totally eliminate them.

This is why I don't take cuttings from people, just don't want any mites from hell...

F

FatFreddysKat

For the dude that sprays during flower.....keep your buds to yourself before you make people sick...thats just plain stupid!!!!

Azatrol & CO2 have helped me...that and make sure to clean everything, and then clean it again!!!!
As far as getting infested clones.....I have to say that is up to the buyer to properly check before purchasing or receiving, and no matter how healthy and clean, dip /treat them before they enter your rooms!!! It is fucked that there are so many idiots that will perpetuate these problems into others grows just to make a buck...we need to stamp out these fools..I have ruined 2 dipshits dreams in our area just in the last 2 months, and made sure they destroyed the clones that were beyond sellable, just crap, but they willingly(not really) trashed over 200 clones for the sake of doing business properly, that and they were given only 2 choices as they had already worn out there welcome anyways!!!
But that is only the tip of the iceberg.....just too many to regulate and clean up!!!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Thanks Mr.Spudnik good info. I ordered Forbid over Avid due to the ovacide so well see how that does.. I always use RO water w cocowet but have never dropped the ph so i hope this helps. Do you think RO is ok or should I use distilled? Any prefered ph down derivatives?
BTW I agree NO synthetic systemics during flower! Been holdingthem in veg till the forbid comes then i can Spray w atomizer and do Co2 poisoning every 3 days for 4-5 treatments then Azatrol/Spinosad for IPM. Little Bastards WILL DIE!

I use the GH kool-aid looking down. down is just an acid in one form or another. I tried a few diffrent kinds of down but I prefer the GH mostly because everywhere stocks it. I also don't like my down too concentrated as it can be difficult to drop a spray bottle to the appropriate ph with something like the advanced down where 1 or 2 drops is the difference between 6 and 4. RO should be ok, I believe RO is almost distilled anyway. The less chlorine the better.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Forbid 4f does the trick (made by bayer)
Is that 4F, or 4B? My son said a single app of Forbid 4B FINALLY did the trick for him (we're talking years of pretty much constant battles, these things must lie in wait like fleas in the carpet of a crack house), so I'm wondering if he mistyped, got confused, or if there's another product, seein' as how they felt it necessary to designate with numbers and letters.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Well... I sprayed with Forbid Tuesday checked wed and it killed some but theres still alot alive.. WTF? How long does Forbid take to work? Floramite use to work overnight for me.. This is not good.

Top Bottom