Supllemental Lighting

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

There seemed to be reccomendations for side lighting for a scrOG grow that I was doing a bit ago so I thought I'd ask. I have a new project now and figure that I can use some side-lighting in my 2ft.×3ft. square space. I currently have a 300w led fixture which covers a 2ft.×1ft. radius.

I want what are essentially LED bulbs that I can screw into standard female bulb fixtures since I have plenty of them. Might anyone reccomend a brand name to put my money on in this situation?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/afternoon-delight-300w-led-scrog.100458/#post-2194129

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Philips 14 watt led bulbs worked well for me. Philips essentials i think what they are called. You can take the diffuser out, it is kinda hard but with a screwdriver and some persistance it is achievable.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thx for the replies farmers but I also want something that packs power(2 of them). How about these(very affordable)?https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFW8K9V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2T6YV1UPFPVGE&psc=1

It says 20w true draw on those bulbs. Now an 18w strip with those par value is much better i think, also price is good too.
Or you can use 4 philips bulb instead of 2 blurple bulbs as pricewise you can get almost 2 philips bulbs for the price of one blurple bulb. And that will provide 56w of light. 16w more draw than 2 blurple bulbs.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

It says 20w true draw on those bulbs. Now an 18w strip with those par value is much better i think, also price is good too.
Or you can use 4 philips bulb instead of 2 blurple bulbs as pricewise you can get almost 2 philips bulbs for the price of one blurple bulb. And that will provide 56w of light. 16w more draw than 2 blurple bulbs.
Oh damn. So they are 20 watts lol. Such false advertising. The phillips look so weak though. Did you say I should remove the plastic bulb sheath part?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Oh damn. So they are 20 watts lol. Such false advertising. The phillips look so weak though. Did you say I should remove the plastic bulb sheath part?
They are not weak, when you move the diffuser dome you will see, they are bright, dont look at the diodes directly :D
Yeah they always give equivalent value for the grow lights. Makes no sense to me.
I vegged with success under those bulbs ans supplemented my grow lights with them. I am sure they work tho the fixture @Jack og suggested has probably a better spectrum, if its a light specifically for growing plants.
But all in all, every led will work to some degree, not dedicated diodes like 500nm, but the full spectrum leds. Some will be better spectrum-wise. I searched for a datasheet of the philips bulbs, but couldn’t find one. So i can only say they worked for me with clones and vegging plants alone and as supplement lighting in flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom