SUPPORT LOCAL...DON'T BUY IMPORT

• Thread starter punaboi808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
punaboi808

punaboi808

The Big Island is seeing more n more imported marijuana lately, growing up it was pretty rare to see it around. Only once in a while you would see it or hear of so n so coming back frm Cali with a few Pz or so. But WTF?!? i see it all the time now, all frm Cali n always the same..stuff that you can tell has been sitting around 4 a while(and not stored properly either), different strains that all look the same, pretty much commercially massed produced shit that would not sell good over there because of its low quality. Dont get me wrong, I love Cali, have friends and family there and plan on going up there and getting a good season in soon. But god damn when ppl r bringing in weight like that and make the prices so low that the growers that live here and grow quality product that is in no way commercial at all r now having their money flow cut back, which with the economy makes it even harder to get by, it definitely pisses us off to say the least. I dont see why ppl wouldn't just stick to slagging dat shit in Oahu where in my opinion the market actually could use it, no offence to Oahu braddaz...but honesty Cali and B.I send shit over there all the time just a fact...Point is if u love our island buy local and have the money stay on the island.

PS. Would have made dis rant a lot more betta, lol but lucky me has FED choppers flying all around my district today...everyone be safe out there today. 1 love

B

Badmf

Hawaii would be the last place I would take anything cept for personal. While I understand your concerns if the Q is that low why would you worry about it? Screw the choppers, If I was there I would be outdoor and no sweat, have em here but I know how to keep em safe.

punaboi808

punaboi808

Q??? And wit da choppers we dnt really worry...they usually just come dwn cut ur shit and leave, unless they can make a fed case out of it...thats y i personally try to stay under 100 plants...choppers arnt so much the concern (I chose this business and the lifestyle) wat i was gettin at is importers take money away frm the island in most situations...haha n if u know the economy here and the job market then u know thats never good...we need as much money flowing around the island as we can...i will say thou it has gotten a lil better lately, not so much import plus ppl see its bluff compared with the good localy grow herb we have.

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Only problem with local strains is that a lot of the breeders have no idea what they're doing. Small-scale breeding and random seed plants crossed with over-hybridized strains leads to a mixed batch of plants with inferior-unmarketable bud structure - which is why it's so easy as a grower to BE ON TOP the weed scene.

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

1st. Your assuming my location. Who said I was on the outside?

2nd.
Whether a breeder has a small-scale or industrial op is a mute point, what matters is the quality of their genetics and the environment in which they are breeding, as well as the nutrients and fertilizers being utilized.
Yes, genetics and environment are surely important factors in breeding, but selection is the key to ensuring desirable traits in a strain. Home-growers breeding plants within their legal limits do not have nearly the amount of phenotypes to choose from as a large-scale operation.

3rd.
The breeder may then cross the F1 seeds to produce F2. Each subsequent generation (F2,f3,F4 ect.) will bring out even more exotic phenotypes but reduce hybrid vigor.
Most locals don't use F1 seeds to make hybrids, they obtain seeds locally from their friends and family, which are more than likely over-hybridized. You can read in your quote above that each subsequent generation (F2, f3, ect) reduces hybrid vigor.

I have grown a lot of these 'local' strains and here's what you usually get - non-uniform offspring with a mixed bag of traits that finish at different times. The opposite of what modern breeding practices are trying to achieve. Most growers don't want a bunch of different looking pot in a bag that they're trying to push as the same strain.

What am I trying to say? - If you're relying on your next crop to come out marketable, maybe trusting 'Uncles' local blueberry seeds to pay the bills isn't the best idea.

When I said to BE ON TOP of the weed scene, that meant that I am in Hawaii. I don't look down at other local growers, I just sell more pot than they do. ;)

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Rather than tear people down what we should be doing is uplifting our community, if you lack knowledge we shall teach you.
Rather than living in fairy-tale world we should accept that Hawaiian growers need to step up the game if we don't want to be run out of business by west coast import buds. This is more uplifting to our community than pretending everything is great, when it's not.
Our 'Ohana is well aware of growing techniques to strengthen and preserve landrace genetics such as backcrossing subsequent generations back into the prior generation and breeding within a diverse local gene pool.
Good thing that your Ohana is. The fact is that the BI is full of amateurs who trust every random seed given to them, that's why I originally said MOST growers.
Do not judge what you do not know.
In fact I am doing the opposite. I am judging what I have seen.
There are no F1 landrace seeds, F1 is a term for 1st generation hybrids.
Where did I mention F1 landrace?
Do not say what we get when we grow, say what you get when YOU grow!
Do you really want to live in such a closed-minded, protected world that we cannot give constructive criticism? Reminds me of fascism.

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

The way you're using the 'Respect the Aina' card is more like 'Don't criticize anything that is produced in Hawaii, no matter what the quality is.'

Sure there are legendary strains from the BI. We should make these easier available than the random over-hybridized crosses that so many people breed and give out.

Again, no need to live in fairy-tale world. If most local herb was so good, you wouldn't have people getting so excited about the 'Cali crip' going around. There IS exceptional quality bud here, but this do not represent the majority of growers. It's time for the big boys to give out lessons.

Sorry jarjar sounds like you do not yet understand the sacred ʻĀina you stand upon and the righteous people who inhabit her.
Well I'm inhabiting the sacred Aina I stand upon, so it seems you are calling me righteous. ;)

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Who you know cuz?

you online talking, not giving you much time for walking

If you knew anything about Big Island 'Ohana you would not talk like this!?!?

please stop proving your ignorance to all of us from Big I who know dakine,
4 real cuz everyone knows some of da best bud on Earth comes from Big I,

have fun with your cali imports "big guy" ;-)

You're missing the point, and just trying to win an argument.

Would you not want your fellow island growers to breed with more stable stock to produce higher quality and easily marketable marijuana? You sell stabilized genetics on your website. This is your argument you're fighting against - to promote stabilized strains in favor of over-hybridized random creations.

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

We do not sell anything on our website!It is not yet legal to sell anything in Hawai'i!!

You have no idea what we are about because you have not listened???

Pua Mana 'Ohana has been preserving Hawaiian genetics for Hanauna, no website, no sales, no fame, for da love of our genetics and Aloha.

Speaking of Aloha...

Aloha (goodbye).

puamanaohana.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Is this not your website, with a sales page?

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Interesting you're about PRESERVING these strains you got listed on the site with $100.00 - $200.00 price tags.

MastaCylinda

MastaCylinda

Only problem with local strains is that a lot of the breeders have no idea what they're doing. Small-scale breeding and random seed plants crossed with over-hybridized strains leads to a mixed batch of plants with inferior-unmarketable bud structure - which is why it's so easy as a grower to BE ON TOP the weed scene.

You do not even know how many local growers have gone to your home page and found out EXACTLY who jar jar binks the guy who is flooding the local market with wak weed and dissing local people is.

Not smart jar jar

not the way to stay on top

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Its jaja not jarjar. Quality weed speaks for itself. If it was bad people wouldn't want more. Another thing to remember, you don't know me or my crew.

MastaCylinda

MastaCylinda

Alot of people know you now and your site is just a bunch of pics of other peoples herb many a laugh has been had jar jar jr

you do know the authorities and local growers in Hawai'i frown upon what you do don't you?

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Thats my boys site, grows the best shit on the BI. Although, I know who u really are from the way you write. Quit frontin haole boy I got Japanese roots here.

MastaCylinda

MastaCylinda

Funny you got the other thread shut down because the Hawaiians called you out for being a haole, now you use the word lol!

There are many people who saw what you said to very respected members of our community jar jar you may want to worry about what you are typing not what others type

you are in very big trouble little jar jar

There is no particular race associated with being a haole.

It means one without breath from Ha and ole and a person who is not from the island who refuses to adopt local customs and brings their haole attitude and weed to Hawai'i.

You do not know me and you will never even give a small percentage of what I have given to the Hawaiian people.

I participate in Hula in our community as well as paddling and many other Hawaiian customs. I have been a tour guide on many islands and I am a scientist not a drug dealer who imports crap weed and disrespects Hawaiian culture.

You are only here to take and disrespect Hawaiians while importing disgusting weed that puts small local farmers out of business.

No one likes you here and soon you will find that out

On the contrary dear jar jar it is you who is the haole :-)

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

I know what you're doing. Your using Hawaiian culture as a marketing tool to sell overpriced seeds you are "preserving" Ive seen those 200 dollar seeds u got. THAT is more disrespectful to Hawaiian culture than anything I do, which is just trying to push locals to do a better job.

MastaCylinda

MastaCylinda

You are very confused jar jar

seems you are talking about people you do not know again

you sell crap budz you and your wak crew import but dis Hawaiians working on preserving genetics?

wow pal you are so mixed up, wonder what they are spraying on your weed?

you do not "push locals to do a better job"

you are not a authority in any way so many real Hawaiian growers saw your site and laughed at your pathetic attempt to represent Hawai'i

you do not even have a single Hawaiian strain on your page jar jar

The people you disrespected here even commented on your page and showed you aloha and you came here and disrespected them

you might want to change your tune by the time you meet them

coming soon

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

U tripping balls boy. U dont know my family, and garentees its got more roots than urs. Real Hawaiians would laugh when u say a white boy ain't a haole. What u think that's my site, what u on da ice?

MastaCylinda

MastaCylinda

Really kid stop talking about Hawaiians before you get yourself in a hole you can not dig your way out of

Even your own fam would not be happy about you going online talking like this

you are all talk

look at your site and your hilariously inept "hawaiian grow tips" lol

you are so haole it is unbelievable

Every Hawaiian I know is very upset about your disrespect

no one finds this amusing

might want to stop typing jar jar

the force is not with you

Top Bottom