Supporting Trees Indoors

• Thread starter Chrondondalae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

Do what I am going to do. Flip the yo yo around so that the part that is supposed to grab the plant is grabbing the ceiling grid. Cut bendable wire to 7' lengths (or whatever makes them in your reach) and attach one end to the yo yo (the part that is supposed to go on your string there). Bend the other end of the wire in to a hook. I actually like to wrap the wire right under a node.

If you pre hung a shitload of yo yos once you could easily work with this. When you harvest just unwrap the wire, and pull it out and through the flower branch. I just bought a 1600' roll of aluminum wire from a craft store. It will be perfect I guarantee.
Just make sure you loosely wrap it the branch. I just had some that I thought I had done loose enough with some floral wire (about the thickness of a paper clip) and it definitely grew and cut into the branch. Just a heads up to not constrict growth.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Killer. Is any of the growing media re-useable or does it all get trashed each run? Trying to figure out how I can add a garden section like yours to my under current spot, but I don't know what I would do to remove all the waste? The beauty of water is it goes down the drain LOL...

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I don't reuse but it's seriously root bound and mostly root mass by the end.

H

hogan400

Chd,
I have been doing the exact same tables as you for several years now. I dig on em. I simplified mine and did 2x4's up the sides lag bolted in place. Then I added pvc high on the sides and trellised over the top. I also trellis once more and next rd I think Ill add yoyo's from the top. Ill snap a few pics in a couple days.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Top hat grommets rock! I went with some 6 outlet manifolds on this new one, like the octa bubblers. So far so good, I've got them running to some 45 degree spray stakes. I'll post some pictures. Nothing beats the simplicity and reliability of top hats with open ended lines though. I just felt like trying something new. I'll go back to the tophats on the next one, way better flow.

On another note, I ended up going with cages. I spent a lot more time spreading the plants out and topping more than usual for me. I also used H16 Fire from the last week of veg and it definitely slowed the stretch down. I don't think i will need to yoyo as much as usual. We will see though, sometimes all those side branches need a lot more support if they get heavy enough.

J

Jalisco Kid

Top hat grommets rock! I went with some 6 outlet manifolds on this new one, like the octa bubblers. So far so good, I've got them running to some 45 degree spray stakes. I'll post some pictures. Nothing beats the simplicity and reliability of top hats with open ended lines though. I just felt like trying something new. I'll go back to the tophats on the next one, way better flow.

On another note, I ended up going with cages. I spent a lot more time spreading the plants out and topping more than usual for me. I also used H16 Fire from the last week of veg and it definitely slowed the stretch down. I don't think i will need to yoyo as much as usual. We will see though, sometimes all those side branches need a lot more support if they get heavy enough.
What is H16 fire ? Also why not just have a free flow rather then run thru bubblers or other things that can clog? JK

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

What is H16 fire ? Also why not just have a free flow rather then run thru bubblers or other things that can clog? JK

Heavy 16 Fire is their PK booster. I just wanted to try something different out as far as the manifolds go. Also they have adjustable flow so I can dial each plant individually if need be. I really like the fact that I can turn them off also after each plant is harvested. I hate having to fold or pinch up the tubes and I have a few plants on each run. Just gives me some flexibility. I like the 45 degree sprayers a lot. They are just angled, there is not a bubbler/spray head just a hole. I like the way they disperse things. No clogs so far.
IMG 0154
IMG 0156

J

Jalisco Kid

I see. The are like my 8way rainbird manifold. They are easy to clean and shut down a line. Kind of hard to clog a 1/4" open line. Your rocking it so you know what your doing but I would bet too many others would end up with some crown problem with spray that close. Thanks for the pics. JK

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I usually angle the stakes in at more of a 45 degree angle also and you get a better spray coverage with less pressure. Glad you brought that up. I've got a lot of hydroton so it's workin out fine on that particular plant.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Wow impressive brother. How much light is that plant above getting?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

You can buy 1/4" valves too...

iCultivate

iCultivate

I only grow outdoors, but use wire and stakes.

-- iCultivate --

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I believe that was at 8 weeks out of 9 1/2 total. Those were some Critical Sensi Star from seed. It is a beastly strain. They actually had a really hard veg. Had a really bad lock out in coco and root aphids out of control. Got them back on track right at the beginning of flower when I started using Cap's teas. That was it for me I've been sold on his beneficials since, that was almost two years ago. I think it was about a 8-9 week veg from seed. Heavy 16 start to finish with Massive week 1-5 and MOAB week 6-7 along with Caps teas til flush.

supper cool got some of those critical sensi star fem as freebies . there now going outside next season .

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

One thing that I have done before that worked really well for me was a out door dog kennel made from chain link it was around 8t4w4w it was the best thing ever so as you said in your first statement cage with trellis is a good way to go it's like tree scroging

Top Bottom