Suspect Shot Trying to Steal Marijuana

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hbstoner

fresno ,land of meth, is banning outdoor growing... what a fucking joke. maybe they should ban liquor stores since this one just got robbed the other day.. fuck it lets ban anywhere that gets robbed.. banks, grocery stores, starbuck... great law enforcement strategy fresno.

Aligee

Aligee

its paradise down here in this desert homie LOL!!! fuck all that outdoor schwag yank it lol !!! "never leave the house without....

B

Buddy Hemphill

wow. all you guns toting fools have made your beds, now go sleep in them.

At least my bed wont be made out of plywood.

Do you think the dead guy would rather have been the one DOING the shooting?...lol....

I promise the one doing the shooting doesnt wish he was the dead guy.

If I have to be one or the other......

I guess I am a fool.

H

HappyGrower

I would of done the same thing! Try to steal my meds, you get popped in the head. Guess they won't try to steal the homeowners meds again! :hunter:

audius

audius

stupidity all the way around on all parts. i wouldnt fatin up a bunch of my chickins & then show em off in front of the foxes. commen fuckin sense peps.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i agree with some of the posts as i was advocating shooting any one un welcomed at my property but the grower could have done alot better on concealing his grow or atleast made it less visable , i have been to fresno in my younger days and been in prison with a shit load of fresno bulldogs, not saying there isnt any good in fresno or it is run by gangs but a grow like that in the city wasnt that wise of a choice i bet when he planted his girls he accepted the fact some one some time would want to rip his shit and he decided to shoot to kill if needed, i will protect me and mine at any cost and i mean any cost but i dont put a sighn in my front yard with an arrow to my garage saying mass ammounts of medicine this way, i live in a hoa neighborhood and leave my garage open all day, in flower or not no one knows my bussiness, no smells no noises just your suburbia family but if it comes down to it, double tap tap dance on someones face and break your own window out drag the perp in the house then call the cops and let them know you just stopped a home invasion and the suspect is bleeding on your persian rug.

fractal

fractal

wow. all you guns toting fools have made your beds, now go sleep in them.

I am so glad that the mature Fresno board of stupidvisers wants to treat Americans like this is some kind of after school day care. They seriously are threatening to pull up MJ because some fucking laotians went wild.

Gotta love the American way how we let houseguests come into our country and fuck everything up for everybody else.

You want to know what the problem is, is the fuckers thumbing their noses at US and at the law . . . You think that little old lady was really going to eat 50' x 100' garden of buds? Hell no, that shit was all going to be harvested and sold by her nephews and relatives.

Most of us on the board here would hightail it to the country if we were going to grow like that, we know better.

Fuck Fresno board of supes and fuck the Laotians who are blowing up the spot in that town.

Aligee

Aligee

word buncha BS politics down here in the valley!!! im ready to run up north to the hills !!!

W

waverunner_21

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Outdoor marijuana gardens are now illegal in Fresno County. The county supervisors took emergency action to place a moratorium, in effect, a ban on outdoor gardens of medicinal marijuana.
Supervisor Henry Perea questioned the medicinal need for the gardens that have appeared throughout the county. "This is a racket it's not people using marijuana for medicinal purposes. They have figured out a way to abuse a well intended law." he said.

There have been four reports of gunfire at medicinal marijuana gardens in recent weeks. One man was shot and killed while allegedly stealing pot from a garden in Central Fresno. The marijuana grower who shot him is facing murder charges.

Legal providers like Shannon Luce told the supervisors it's unfair to punish them because of the shootings. "How about we place a moratorium on criminals. What kind of precedent are we setting by martyring criminals and punishing law abiding citizens." she said.

Despite pleas from growers, the board acted on advice from the county counsel, and voted unanimously for a 45 day moratorium on outdoor pot growing. Supervisor Perea believes it means growers can move their plants inside, or lose their crop. "I would advise them to take them down today or tomorrow because we are going to come after them."

But Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims said no raids are imminent. "This afternoon there will no be deputies out pulling up marijuana plants."

Sheriff Mims says she supports the supervisor's actions, but says too many cities and counties have been sued and forced to compensate marijuana growers for confiscated plants. "A lawsuit could be financially severe in Fresno County so before we take any action we will be sure we're on solid legal ground." she said.

Well known marijuana defense attorney Bill McPike believes the county is on shaky legal ground. He thinks the county's action is just for show. He says the moratorium is unenforceable, and will be challenged in court. "It's so blatantly unconstitutional. I don't care what the county counsel said, I wasn't there, I disagree and we're willing to fight for patient rights." McPike said.

"The city of Fresno is expected to consider a similar moratorium this week. All this political activity comes as the marijuana harvest is underway. So it's very likely all of the plants growing now will be harvested if, and when before law enforcement gets the chance to pull them up.

(Copyright ©2010 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

all i want to point out is that if the above situation and all similar ones in the area had happened but no one pulled the trigger then there wouldn't have been a ban on out door gardens, and i just think its sad that the people of fresno can now no longer have out door gardens as a result of bullets flying. I don't care who in the right or who in the wrong. I think thats pretty clear, any one doing shit like that deserves to get shot, but not by my hand. no sir, the after math of something like that is just simply to intense. could you possibly imagine the shit storm that would follow. media, law the possibility of jail, the fact the you shot some one might also mess you up a bit. no sir, i would swallow the loss, learn from it, and do every thing in my power to make sure it didnt happern again. i accept that others might not react like this, but i cant for the life of me understand how, other than in the short term, it would help to shot.

M

mic31mac

maybe the lazy ass theifs out their should grow their own and quite being a bitch

Aligee

Aligee

Marijuana cultivation on the rise in urban areas...

MTD_MCC_MARIJUANA_SHOOTING_1_mi_embedded_prod_affiliate_8.JPG

You're in the Columnists - Bill McEwen section
Marijuana cultivation on the rise in urban areas
Posted at 12:18 AM on Sunday, Sep. 19, 2010
By Bill McEwen / The Fresno Bee

I interrupted attorney and grape grower Ken Clark in the middle of harvest to talk about the medical marijuana situation in Fresno -- the one that the Board of Supervisors has declared an emergency.
Clark has represented medical marijuana dispensaries and patients. He says that marijuana sometimes is the only medicine that works. Clark says he knows this because he's seen it.
"A friend of mine -- conservative, Republican, never taken a drug in her life -- had cancer and was undergoing chemo," Clark says. "She couldn't hold food down without it."
The trouble is, the good in California's medical marijuana law is being trampled by abuse and illicit profit. The past two weeks in the Central Valley have seemed like a repeat of 1920s Prohibition: attempted rip-offs, a shooting death, deputies making busts and saying that the persons have ties to organized crime.
There are differences, however. It was illegal to make, sell and transport alcohol anywhere in the United States during Prohibition, and Al Capone was the king of the bootleggers.

In California today, some pot is legal, most is not and law enforcement is most concerned about Mexican drug cartels. The complicating asterisk is that the federal government considers all marijuana illegal.
Last week, I took a ride in a Fresno County Sheriff's Office helicopter to see what's out there. In one east-central Fresno neighborhood, four homes had marijuana plants fence to fence.
"Each one of them has $250,000 or $500,000 growing in the backyard," says Lt. Rick Ko, commander of narcotics for the Sheriff's Office. "With one crop, they can buy a new house."
East and west of the city, I flew over multiple marijuana plots larger than an acre. The bigger ones had lookout towers so that growers could protect the pot and see who might be coming.
Ko said deputies had visited each of the pot farms and found them to be legal based on the number of plants recommended by doctors for patients.
"They usually are a couple of plants under what they're allowed," Ko says.
I'll repeat a question asked in a previous column. With doctors recommending as many as 98 plants for some patients, who possibly could smoke that much pot? And where does this magic number 98 come from?
As none of the Fresno doctors listed on the Internet as "medicinal cannabis practitioners" returned my phone calls, I turned to Clark.
He said that patients who can't smoke marijuana for health reasons -- asthma, for example -- use it in other forms, such as mixed with food or turned into oil.
"That takes a huge number of plants," Clark says. "Just like it takes five pounds of grapes to make one pound of raisins."
Clark says that the doctors he knows are careful with their recommendations. Still, he acknowledges that some patients are receiving recommendations for more than they need -- weed that Ko says ends up being sold illegally throughout California and even out of state.
Now, about these 98-plant recommendations: Why not 100 or 150 plants?
Ko says that it's federal drug-enforcement policy to go after people growing 100 or more plants for themselves and leave everyone else alone. Thus, patients don't want 100-plant recommendations and, apparently, their doctors (wink, wink) agree that they don't need that much, either.
Clark also says that the county and the city of Fresno should regulate medical marijuana gardens because of the theft and violence threat.
"I don't think there should be huge grows," he says. "Any outdoor grows should be completely shielded all the way around, and the plants shouldn't be allowed to grow above a certain height."
The challenge now for the Board of Supervisors and the City Council is to clean up after a law that does help people, but also has brought back Prohibition-era consequences.
All I can say is good luck.

THE COLUMNIST CAN BE REACHED AT [email protected] OR (559) 441-6632.

B

brookstown

Maybe if more jackers got smoked they will go out and grow their own shit.

A

antimatter

Some people just need to mind there own f*cking business, I don't advocate violence but seriously don't steal its that simple, unfortunate the guy got shot in the head should of just put off a warning shot... probably a crackhead who figured he was gonna get rich off of someones illegal activity.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Guns at a grow is THE no-no... Especially one with these #s.. I have a feeling this guys screwed medical or not...

A

AriesXX

Sorry, but anyone who says they wouldn't shoot a thief is a coward. I don't care what the law says, right is right, and maybe I'll do time for thinking that way, but so be it. I'm a free man as long as I live like one.

That being said, yeah, it was probably some shady Asian gang grow with a guy from Laos with guns. Can we get a moratoreum on Laotian gangsters? And like someone else said, he chose to get a gun rather than be stealthy, stupid move, should have done both.

Fresno is a cess-pool anyway, a little girl was just kidnapped/raped there by 'pit-bull' gangbangers. For all we know, he used to be a thief, and someone let HIM get away. Scum is scum, we should give medals to those who take out the trash.

And I'm not about "thug life", I'm as FAR from that as it gets. I'm about people taking care of themselves again instead of waiting for some ineffectual government official to do it for me. What used to happen to cattle rustlers? Same deal.

TortureKill

TortureKill

I think the BIG point here is....

would you rather have been stabbed or stabbed somebody?

Its all good for people to have upstanding ideology.... But the rubber meets the road ...when its my brains on the sidewalk or yours.

Who's to say what "fear for my life" is? A man comes into my property with bad intentions....am I to ASSUME he ONLY wants to steal from me?....not me brother.

And I have been robbed with a pistol to my head,,,in my house...in NOLA. He only wanted my money. If I could have gotten to my gun....but instead, I gave it up like a bitch. Why? Money wont buy a new forehead...and a motherfucker that will come onto my property to steal will do ANYHING...as far as I'm concerned. I didn't want to die.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Our modern day, forward thinking has left us at the only point in the history of the world... that a man can face imprisonment for protecting his family and goods from theives.

Hooray enlightenment.:wondering

Good post bro

TortureKill

TortureKill

Sorry, but anyone who says they wouldn't shoot a thief is a coward. I don't care what the law says, right is right, and maybe I'll do time for thinking that way, but so be it. I'm a free man as long as I live like one.

That being said, yeah, it was probably some shady Asian gang grow with a guy from Laos with guns. Can we get a moratoreum on Laotian gangsters? And like someone else said, he chose to get a gun rather than be stealthy, stupid move, should have done both.

Fresno is a cess-pool anyway, a little girl was just kidnapped/raped there by 'pit-bull' gangbangers. For all we know, he used to be a thief, and someone let HIM get away. Scum is scum, we should give medals to those who take out the trash.

And I'm not about "thug life", I'm as FAR from that as it gets. I'm about people taking care of themselves again instead of waiting for some ineffectual government official to do it for me. What used to happen to cattle rustlers? Same deal.

Lots of good points bro. Great post.

old.Ford

old.Ford

Cheech, Some good points but if grapes were at the same market price as high quality grass you can bet there would be a lot of grape stealing. They wouldn't be making Wild Irish Rose any more. It would be too expensive. Oh, by the way, you are a smooth talkin' romantic individual. I can see why that"smoking hot piece of ass" is just head over heels in love with you.

old.Ford

old.Ford

Torturekill, great point, In the 1870-90s folks were more self governing, but people also had more of a grip on the difference between right and wrong. They realized that if it doesn't belong to you then leave it the fuck alone....real simple. The moral fiber is in bad need of a refurb. Teach your children. Not doing this is time and resource consuming, and the outcome is usually bad. The guy that was working the rip off would tell you that, if he could. Old.Ford

TortureKill

TortureKill

Those were just post I had quoted old ford, not mine bro. Im not tryin to take credit for someone elses post. But your right, back in the day this was just another thing. U steal from another, there's consequences, u might get shot in the face.. No big deal, learn from it, move on. Bullshit that their punishing the growers. This is wrong in so many ways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom