Suspect Shot Trying to Steal Marijuana

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Flowers

"maybe the lazy ass theifs out their should grow their own and quite being a bitch"

excellent! thank you for your intelligent contribution.

B

Buddy Flowers

"wow. all you guns toting fools have made your beds, now go sleep in them."

what? i'm not sure what you mean. please explain

L

lowroller

Haha I love my 870 too keep her close to my bedside no camera tho I'm gonna stick with the "I was in fear for my life" and make sure the person has no chance to say otherwise

until they confiscate your puter and see this! lol

S

smashed1

hi guys great thread, my thout is that bloke was a total fukwit growing plants 15 foot in surbia an he probly deserves to get robed especialy in the area he lived, he might as well of grown them in his front garden total DIKHEAD , i would luv to fill my yard an so would everyone, im not the smartest but im not that stupid ever, i only grow 10 at the most an i have to tip the shit out of them to keep them under the fence (over her grow season last 8 months ) i would of just waited an if they tryd to cum in the back door then give it to them theres now way they would have been able to take the lot so he would of ended up wit sumthing , wats he got now nothing an a hole lot of shit to go wit it fuk that

W

waverunner_21

"wow. all you guns toting fools have made your beds, now go sleep in them."

what? i'm not sure what you mean. please explain

well, what im saying hear, as you clearly have not gone back through the thread to read and find out for your self, is that in fresno you are not allowed to grow out side, as a result to all the bullets flying around, now thats a shame, weather they where right or wrong in shooting doesn't really matter, they cant grow out door any more, that is what that ment,

also dont make two posts when one will do just to get your post count up. this is a place where your judged on the way you treat people and your merits, not how much you flap your mouth.

B

Buddy Hemphill

MTD_MCC_MARIJUANA_SHOOTING_1_mi_embedded_prod_affiliate_8.JPG

You're in the Columnists - Bill McEwen section
Marijuana cultivation on the rise in urban areas
Posted at 12:18 AM on Sunday, Sep. 19, 2010
By Bill McEwen / The Fresno Bee

I interrupted attorney and grape grower Ken Clark in the middle of harvest to talk about the medical marijuana situation in Fresno -- the one that the Board of Supervisors has declared an emergency.
Clark has represented medical marijuana dispensaries and patients. He says that marijuana sometimes is the only medicine that works. Clark says he knows this because he's seen it.
"A friend of mine -- conservative, Republican, never taken a drug in her life -- had cancer and was undergoing chemo," Clark says. "She couldn't hold food down without it."
The trouble is, the good in California's medical marijuana law is being trampled by abuse and illicit profit. The past two weeks in the Central Valley have seemed like a repeat of 1920s Prohibition: attempted rip-offs, a shooting death, deputies making busts and saying that the persons have ties to organized crime.
There are differences, however. It was illegal to make, sell and transport alcohol anywhere in the United States during Prohibition, and Al Capone was the king of the bootleggers.

In California today, some pot is legal, most is not and law enforcement is most concerned about Mexican drug cartels. The complicating asterisk is that the federal government considers all marijuana illegal.
Last week, I took a ride in a Fresno County Sheriff's Office helicopter to see what's out there. In one east-central Fresno neighborhood, four homes had marijuana plants fence to fence.
"Each one of them has $250,000 or $500,000 growing in the backyard," says Lt. Rick Ko, commander of narcotics for the Sheriff's Office. "With one crop, they can buy a new house."
East and west of the city, I flew over multiple marijuana plots larger than an acre. The bigger ones had lookout towers so that growers could protect the pot and see who might be coming.
Ko said deputies had visited each of the pot farms and found them to be legal based on the number of plants recommended by doctors for patients.
"They usually are a couple of plants under what they're allowed," Ko says.
I'll repeat a question asked in a previous column. With doctors recommending as many as 98 plants for some patients, who possibly could smoke that much pot? And where does this magic number 98 come from?
As none of the Fresno doctors listed on the Internet as "medicinal cannabis practitioners" returned my phone calls, I turned to Clark.
He said that patients who can't smoke marijuana for health reasons -- asthma, for example -- use it in other forms, such as mixed with food or turned into oil.
"That takes a huge number of plants," Clark says. "Just like it takes five pounds of grapes to make one pound of raisins."
Clark says that the doctors he knows are careful with their recommendations. Still, he acknowledges that some patients are receiving recommendations for more than they need -- weed that Ko says ends up being sold illegally throughout California and even out of state.
Now, about these 98-plant recommendations: Why not 100 or 150 plants?
Ko says that it's federal drug-enforcement policy to go after people growing 100 or more plants for themselves and leave everyone else alone. Thus, patients don't want 100-plant recommendations and, apparently, their doctors (wink, wink) agree that they don't need that much, either.
Clark also says that the county and the city of Fresno should regulate medical marijuana gardens because of the theft and violence threat.
"I don't think there should be huge grows," he says. "Any outdoor grows should be completely shielded all the way around, and the plants shouldn't be allowed to grow above a certain height."
The challenge now for the Board of Supervisors and the City Council is to clean up after a law that does help people, but also has brought back Prohibition-era consequences.
All I can say is good luck.

THE COLUMNIST CAN BE REACHED AT [email protected] OR (559) 441-6632.

well, what im saying hear, as you clearly have not gone back through the thread to read and find out for your self, is that in fresno you are not allowed to grow out side, as a result to all the bullets flying around, now thats a shame, weather they where right or wrong in shooting doesn't really matter, they cant grow out door any more, that is what that ment,

also dont make two posts when one will do just to get your post count up. this is a place where your judged on the way you treat people and your merits, not how much you flap your mouth.

Seems like you didn't read bro......

flap,flap

S

smashed1

ha all u guys talkin about ur guns u should go check out the security sec, an read BE CARFULL WITH CELLPHONES

B

Buddy Hemphill

ha all u guys talkin about ur guns u should go check out the security sec, an read BE CARFULL WITH CELLPHONES

and then read the 2nd Ammendment to the Constitution of the United States...

and then somebody tell me why I should have to trade my constitututional rights.. for my God (and state of California) given freedoms....:fubar

pot growers can't have guns?....what a fuckin joke...

are the cops gonna make sure only UNARMED assailants rob pot growers?.....lol......yeah right...

talk about putting a bullseye on a group's back.....dayum! Its easy for a theif when he KNOWS that his mark is unarmed. C'mon guys....think!

this type of legislation puts us all at risk!!!!!!!!

What rights will be taken next?

And what if.....just maybe....I like to hunt? None of that for med growers?

Thats why they wrote it into the constitution. Its fucking IMPORTANT that Joe Citizen's right to bear arms is not impeded because he is a FARMER or anything else.

The implication that I should be scared to admit I own a gun is offensive.

sorry for the rant

W

waverunner_21

"""""FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Outdoor marijuana gardens are now illegal in Fresno County. The county supervisors took emergency action to place a moratorium, in effect, a ban on outdoor gardens of medicinal marijuana"""""

thats what i was talking about(above), dont be sorry for the rant, people should feel strongly about this stuff
and look, im not saying you cant have a gun, or even a room full, or go hunting, what im saying is that shooting some one would end up wasting allot more of your time and money on things like court lawyers, trails with out bail, and the such. that i think on balance starting over even with the work and money put in before, would be far more efficient way of dealing with the problem, rather than lining a lawyers pocket. that about all i have to say on the subject. to be honest i think more about how not to get noticed rather than how id deal with the problem.

edit, and if your some one who grows in the outdoor in a crowded urban environment buy a fence, bigger then head high, prevention rather then treatment.
i mean look at that picture, HOW DID THEY EVEN THINK THEY WERE GOING TO GET THAT FAR. what they did there is quite literally leave there wallet on the floor and hoped no one picked it up, no a massive scale.

S

smashed1

exactly my thout waverunner that block must of had rocks in his head

Aligee

Aligee

Judge lifts Fresno County pot-farm ban

A Fresno County Superior Court judge Wednesday lifted an emergency ban on backyard marijuana farms in unincorporated Fresno County areas.
Judge Jeff Hamilton issued a temporary restraining order on the ordinance that was approved Sept. 14 by county supervisors and had immediately established the emergency ban, attorney Brenda Linder said.
The ban was to last 45 days, giving county officials time to develop a permanent ordinance to regulate the growth of medical marijuana.
Linder filed a lawsuit Friday against the ban on behalf of four collectives and an individual medical marijuana user.
Hamilton will hear arguments Nov. 3 on whether to grant a preliminary injunction against the ordinance, Linder said.

If granted, the injunction would prevent county officials from enforcing the ordinance for the duration of the lawsuit, she said.
The emergency ban created apprehension among medical marijuana users who were hesitant to call the Sheriff's Department if thieves took their marijuana plants, Linder said.
"They didn't want to be viewed as criminals," she said.
The Board of Supervisors will discuss their next course of action in light of Hamilton's ruling, County Counsel Kevin Briggs said.
"The county is disappointed in the issuance of the temporary restraining order and we will be talking to the board about appropriate responses," Briggs said.
Supervisor Henry Perea said in September he proposed the ordinance because of recent violence over pot plants inside Fresno city limits: four shootings, one fatal. He also lashed out at the medical-marijuana proponents, saying they have turned a well-intentioned law into a sham.

P

poohpickle

I thought you couldn't have a grow and weapons together. That's my understanding in mendocino were I live. Not that I don't have one anyways.

B

bluemoonrocks

Lol thats crazy...power to the grower though! and nice aim man

M

mikeyg.

the lady at the end cracks me up ... "OMG ... they are going to pick it" ... lol! hommie wouldnt have a head if he met my FN SLP MK1 ... word. i hates me some rippers.

B

Blackthumb

It was as simple as a warning shot.
One mans greed got him shot and another mans greed made him act out of anger.
Everyone I have ever met who owned a gun was stubborn, angry, and foolish, most of the time. The angry part is what bothers me. Everyone is angry about something and ready to take it out on someone or something. I can understand the need to protect yourself. But people have taken this liberty out of text and created reasons to shoot their guns.

C

chefrey

little different here in colorado I had a break in I caught the guy and beat him with one of my ice climbing boots (the crampons were not on at the time) till he was a bloody mess. When the cops finally found my basement apt. and saw what was going on they laughed and said that I should of shot him because that was what they would of done. :sign0065:

C

Cannaseur Kid

In any state a gun is an enhancement to a drug charge. The gun will fuck him worse than the plants. A convicted felon is getting 5 years mandatory just for having a gun, and alot of growers ARE convicted felons. Fuck that! I would rather roll the dice on the 5 years than have some P.O.S. fuck w me or my family.
PEACE

Latest posts

Top Bottom