Switching Everything To Hydro. Help Please

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diesel21

Diesel21

i will be switching my setup to hydro soon. I have a 4x8 tent I use for veg and clones and an L shaped area that I use for flower that is equivalent to a 5x9 and 4x5 footprint. I would like to buy a good quality setup for the veg area and some sort of bucket system for the flower room. I would like 12-16 plants in bloom. I have quantum boards for lights already. Any suggestions for the 2 setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4plant

4plant

Either a recirculating dwc in both, or dtw on tables in rockwool or a promix/ perlite mix. I love dwc but unless it’s a recirculating system you’ll spend your whole life filling buckets and adjusting ph.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Recirculating is indeed the way to go. It's not hard to fab your own. When I ran large systems, I added a reservoir and auto water feed.

Diesel21

Diesel21

What is you opinion on ebb and flow bucket kits? Also a friend of mine has a 4x4 ebb system with Rockwool that he uses for veg. I am looking to buy and setup ASAP. I just don’t have the time to build anything at the moment. Anything prebuilt you would recommend?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What is you opinion on ebb and flow bucket kits? Also a friend of mine has a 4x4 ebb system with Rockwool that he uses for veg. I am looking to buy and setup ASAP. I just don’t have the time to build anything at the moment. Anything prebuilt you would recommend?
Ebb and flow is advanced and finicky, dwc with recirculated res/epic is wayyyyyyy easier and cheaper

Diesel21

Diesel21

Ok what about a small system for vegging the plants? Any ideas

Nugg

Nugg

Here is what I have for two rooms..5×5 grow area..10gal. brute can are perfect size...I have a question..how will you fit so many plants in that small space..will you veg for 15 days?I tried to put 8 plants in 5×8 grow..that was dumb..ran out of room fast..never again.. anyway minus lights.think I have like 3-400$ in to each system..sir,pumps.water pumps,air things for the buckets ( I don't use stones either)there called spiders.. timers,and the water checking things.lol

IMG 20181222 081522
Nugg

Nugg

Here is what I have for two rooms..5×5 grow area..10gal. brute can are perfect size...I have a question..how will you fit so many plants in that small space..will you veg for 15 days?I tried to put 8 plants in 5×8 grow..that was dumb..ran out of room fast..never again.. anyway minus lights.think I have like 3-400$ in to each system..sir,pumps.water pumps,air things for the buckets ( I don't use stones either)there called spiders.. timers,and the water checking things.lol

Nugg

Nugg

This is my almost 6×6' area..4 plants...no way to force any more plants in there

IMG 20190129 055955
Diesel21

Diesel21

I usually run 8-10 plants in a 4x8 tent in soil. I would have to do a few trial and error runs to figure out the veg time. How long did you veg those 4 plants?

Top Bottom