Switching From Hps

• Thread starter MegaSuiter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

I was thinking about adding these every few months when I could afford one.
You can also buy lights like the below and just change the cobs out for any 36v chip you want. There is endless designs on the market for similar lights. You can daisy chain these too, unlike DIY lights.

I've done both, DIY and changed chips on a light like below. Changing chips was far easier than building a frame and wiring it, although I did enjoy doing that ;)

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

So it's getting closer to Summer, meaning A/C time! And I so happen to need new 1000w bulbs. So I thought instead of spending $700 on a mini split 12k btu, and $300 on (3) bulbs, I could use that money on Meizhi 1200w LEDs. I know you get what you pay for, but they sound promising. I can't find anyone actually stating their yields anywhere! I was getting roughly 20 Oz's/1000w (strain dependent). That's in a 5X5 area. I really don't think those LEDs can cover an area like that. Just hoping someone chimes in with real info, not a paid reviewer.....
Thanks!

King plus really cheap and works great Iv been using them for a year now and cover a good 4x4 foot print

IMG 6652
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can also buy lights like the below and just change the cobs out for any 36v chip you want. There is endless designs on the market for similar lights. You can daisy chain these too, unlike DIY lights.

I've done both, DIY and changed chips on a light like below. Changing chips was far easier than building a frame and wiring it, although I did enjoy doing that ;)
I had one of those for 3 years, the 1200 watt one, 2 out of 6 Cobs just burnt out and I like the white light better.

Schkronis

Schkronis

Meizhi 1200 pulls only ~ 600W.
600W of Chinese leds over 5x5 - that is very nono on my list...

edit: they are very Mars alike - that tells me something...

J

jhonny

Yeah, you definitely need to think about the area that you need to cover and also the intensity and wattage. Viparspectra and Meixhi are good, but I found Marshydro good too. And if you could spend a bit more, I would suggest you to go for this. I have two small tents and I got 3 of Marshydro, working just fine for me.

P

Piratos

Don't get too caught up in all that par and information a lot of it is lies anyway and misinformation to get you to buy a product. You need to ask yourself two questions how much area do I want to cover. You're looking at about a dollar per watt for your lower end stuff but you can get some decent stuff still. Or $2 and up for the best
So it's getting closer to Summer, meaning A/C time! And I so happen to need new 1000w bulbs. So I thought instead of spending $700 on a mini split 12k btu, and $300 on (3) bulbs, I could use that money on Meizhi 1200w LEDs. I know you get what you pay for, but they sound promising. I can't find anyone actually stating their yields anywhere! I was getting roughly 20 Oz's/1000w (strain dependent). That's in a 5X5 area. I really don't think those LEDs can cover an area like that. Just hoping someone chimes in with real info, not a paid reviewer.....
Thanks!
I use 2x 450 viparspectra and thwy do mw fine. However
I do add a 300w cfl at the end of veg/start of flowering just fir extra red. 2700 k.

P

Piratos

View attachment 706371

Cobs n quantum boardz rulez,all the rest r fer foolz :)
But really,this spot was 12.7kw of hps and mh lighting and now im using just under 8kw with yields slightly up and power bill way down. Vipar is just a rebranded mars panel.terrible thermal management so it wont last.plus that whole smoke n mirrors about the wattage lol.
My viparspectra havw excellent cooling via 2 powered heat sinks on eaxh. My only complaint is not ebough red which is eadily rectified. Im ralking from experience so I know they work. My plabts loved them more rhan a 400 hos.

sixstring

sixstring

My viparspectra havw excellent cooling via 2 powered heat sinks on eaxh. My only complaint is not ebough red which is eadily rectified. Im ralking from experience so I know they work. My plabts loved them more rhan a 400 hos.
awesome,quoted for the poor spelling lol :jimlad:

S

Swampjack

I appreciate that and those are nice set ups. Maybe down the line. I just know there are a couple cheaper LEDs, Viparspectra and Meizhi, on the come up. I have seen the par readings on YouTube. I'm just concerned about the footprint.
Don't waste your money. I switched to timber 700 watts ago. If you insist on low rent lights. My first light was a 1000 w (287 actual) King led from a
Amazon . Cheep works well if you stay within it's limits. Works great as a veg light and emergency bloom light.
Good luck

P

Piratos

Ive had great success with 2x 450 viparspectra and a 300w red cfl to add red as that is its main shortfall... not enough red. But I believe viparspectra are very good for the price. Great resin production with these too. My autospell is now sobre! I have heard bad things about mars hydro but have never actually used em.

Top Bottom