Switching Led To Hps??

• Thread starter getgoodgenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

getgoodgenes

I need to switch from my kind 750s to hps the 5 plants overtook my 4x8 so i'm switching them to a larger one. In order do that i need the coverage from my raptors. So my question is is does the spectrum really matter to plants? it's such a huge diff in color I'm just worried the plants will get confused? SO I ASK WILL THIS SWITCH CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS?
thanks

G

getgoodgenes

they have been under kinds 2 weeks vegging still didn't switch em over

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

No. I start out under blurple led and, then switch to MH, and then switch to HPS + blurple led and, sometimes finish-up back under MH + Blurple. No problems at all.

G

getgoodgenes

No. I start out under blurple led and, then switch to MH, and then switch to HPS + blurple led and, sometimes finish-up back under MH + Blurple. No problems at all.

Great. I like your thinking on switching to mh + led to finish might try that.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

If you use an HPS bulb, use the Hortilux EYE HPS. It has Enhanced Blue, so you do get some Blue. You need some Blue if youre not getting it with whatever bulb you have.
I use these bulbs from Seedling-Flowering.

leo1991

leo1991

I need to switch from my kind 750s to hps the 5 plants overtook my 4x8 so i'm switching them to a larger one. In order do that i need the coverage from my raptors. So my question is is does the spectrum really matter to plants? it's such a huge diff in color I'm just worried the plants will get confused? SO I ASK WILL THIS SWITCH CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS?
thanks
what's the wattage of the leds and hps? You won't have any problems as far as you adjust the bulb. Keep in mind the temperature,its gonna change drastically.

G

getgoodgenes

switched from kind 750 to 750 hid. they're in enclosed raptors so not much of a difference in room temp but deff feel them more when your working underneath.

G

getgoodgenes

i have found that what you lack in yield you gain in quality from led. currently own next light, kind, black dog and hid. ill try to make a comparison of all sometime down the road.

G

getgoodgenes

just my experience. with black dogs it's a diff story they're from another planet compared to others. but the kind and next light mega definitely don't for me. it's more of a problem of getting the kinds to actually cover the space they're recommended for. I can't completely cover a 4x8 canopy and that definitely kills yield. they produce a very tight frosty product though. the next light mega is much brighter. it will cover 5x9 easy but noticed it doesn't improve quality or yield and plants looked happier under hid. if i could change anything about kind it's just the weak ass coverage buy some 1000s don't get 750s unless you're running 3x6 3x3.

P

Pass2TheLeft

just my experience. with black dogs it's a diff story they're from another planet compared to others. but the kind and next light mega definitely don't for me. it's more of a problem of getting the kinds to actually cover the space they're recommended for. I can't completely cover a 4x8 canopy and that definitely kills yield. they produce a very tight frosty product though. the next light mega is much brighter. it will cover 5x9 easy but noticed it doesn't improve quality or yield and plants looked happier under hid. if i could change anything about kind it's just the weak ass coverage buy some 1000s don't get 750s unless you're running 3x6 3x3.
Yes i understand. I used to run 6x 1000w hps in a 15 by 10 tent growing 6 plants id run a 5 week veg from rooting cutting and 9 week flowering cycle averaging 20 dry oz per plant.
I made the switch to 5 x luma 9s and 1x duolux 600 my veg time went to 4 weeks and flowering time went to 6 to 8 weeks depending on strain and average per plant went upto 25 dry oz per plant and quaility was much better.this cycle is better and the more i fine tune it the results on yields is better infact im hoping for 2lb on my indica plant this cycle

Top Bottom