Switching To Flower For 7-10 Days/determine Gender

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

In the emergency situation that I am in, I must determine the gender of eight bagseed plants in a 2'×3' square space ASAP and the preflowers are of no indication. The leaves are suffocating underneath the canopy from lack of airflow and light.

I just want to know if anyone has ever switched from veg to flower(in order to determine sex) then reverted to veg time again. The plants are 31 days old and I'm worried it could cause complications. I need to remove the unwanted males quickly. I started 12/12 time yesterday and will revert the discovered females to 18/6 in an estimated 10 days.

Switching to flower for 7 10 daysdetermine gender
Last edited:
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

In the emergency situation that I am in, I must determine the gender of eight bagseed plants in a 2'×3' square space ASAP and the preflowers are of no indication. The leaves are suffocating underneath the canopy from lack of airflow and light.

I just want to know if anyone has ever switched from veg to flower(in order to determine sex) then reverted to veg time again. The plants are 31 days old and I'm worried it could cause complications. I need to remove the unwanted males quickly. I started 12/12 time yesterday and will revert the discovered females to 18/6 in an estimated 10 days.
I'm a total newb and have never done it but this is a quote from growweedeasy.com from a mainlining tutorial...
"Followup question: When you say force early sex, you mean you will flip your seedlings to 12/12 and then flip them back to 18/6?

Nugbuckets: Pretty much. I just switch to 12/12 around day 21 from when seeds first sprouted, when they are about 8 inches tall… it takes about 5 days to weed out the males…..then i immediately top them, switch back to 20/4 and start my mainlining gig…."

DGP

DGP

I would just flip them and keep them flipped. Revegging is hard on them and it will take 4-6 weeks to move them back into a really healthy veg. I grow from seed from time to time and the males typically give lots of warning before the females are in full flower. If you watch closely you'll see it in time to remove the males. they look vigorous and healthy, why not just do some pruning and a little defoliating and just let them either veg longer (if they need to) or just flip em and finish the run?

Dee

DGP

DGP

I respect the Nuggy guy but I disagree. My experience has been flipping and revegging really F's them up and I see signs of it even deep into flower. In fact I have some Hollyweed in the flower room right now that was accidentally flipped by moving them outside too early. The cuttings were flipped and we didn't really realize it but cloned them and put them into veg and they stopped growing fo weeks and got all weird producing single leaflet leaves and all kinds of weird ass 3 finger leaves and then never really revegged very well. I think it will mess with your yield.

Just watch them and post some good close ups and we can help you identify the boys if any are in there.

Dee

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I respect the Nuggy guy but I disagree. My experience has been flipping and revegging really F's them up and I see signs of it even deep into flower. In fact I have some Hollyweed in the flower room right now that was accidentally flipped by moving them outside too early. The cuttings were flipped and we didn't really realize it but cloned them and put them into veg and they stopped growing fo weeks and got all weird producing single leaflet leaves and all kinds of weird ass 3 finger leaves and then never really revegged very well. I think it will mess with your yield.

Just watch them and post some good close ups and we can help you identify the boys if any are in there.

Dee
Re-vegged plants are fugly lol

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I would just flip them and keep them flipped. Revegging is hard on them and it will take 4-6 weeks to move them back into a really healthy veg. I grow from seed from time to time and the males typically give lots of warning before the females are in full flower. If you watch closely you'll see it in time to remove the males. they look vigorous and healthy, why not just do some pruning and a little defoliating and just let them either veg longer (if they need to) or just flip em and finish the run?

Dee
Actually starting flower time is not an option at this time. What I plan on doing is transplanting the females to bigger pots and SCROGing them under a net using my 300w led to flower with. IMO I would need more veg time for the femsles to fill up the net with horizontal growth.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm a total newb and have never done it but this is a quote from growweedeasy.com from a mainlining tutorial...
"Followup question: When you say force early sex, you mean you will flip your seedlings to 12/12 and then flip them back to 18/6?

Nugbuckets: Pretty much. I just switch to 12/12 around day 21 from when seeds first sprouted, when they are about 8 inches tall… it takes about 5 days to weed out the males…..then i immediately top them, switch back to 20/4 and start my mainlining gig…."
Kind of puts my mind at ease. Thx. I couldn't find any results for this method when I did the research.

I

Ivanku4eto

Имам същия проблем, like you main flowers is on 60days now from the 1 week ago i put him on 12/12 to complete a grow up but now i cant to see where is the male plant and who is a female ?

Screenshot 20180720 113549
Screenshot 20180720 113334
Screenshot 20180720 113415
Screenshot 20180720 113340
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

So it's only 3 DAYS into 12/12 and already I detected 2 females, 2 non-indicators, and the other 4, I think, are males.

When I know the sex for certain, should I just immediately switch back to 18/6 time or should I let them adjust for a few days while in 12/12?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Female. Blurry in the pic but you can notice the tiny white pistil emerging from the calyx on the right.

20180720 064340
I

Ivanku4eto

Woww човек Имам същото растение като първата снимка тази вечер ще направя снимка and i will upload h

I

Ivanku4eto

Woww man i have the same plant like first picture tonight i gonna take a photo and upload here to see main plants

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Имам същия проблем, like you main flowers is on 60days now from the 1 week ago i put him on 12/12 to complete a grow up but now i cant to see where is the male plant and who is a female ?
If your plants are 60 days old, preflowers should be of indication. It takes 6 weeks in veg, at most, to get definitive preflowers.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Reveg plants , I’ve got some for monster crop cloning but they take forever, however the yields are incredible.

Top Bottom