Systemic Powdery Mildew Fungicide?

• Thread starter Mad Farmer 1620
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThaKid

What kind of ventilation will be needed if your spraying these systemic fungicides indoors? Could you put ladies in bath tub and just use bathroom fan to exhaust any fumes outdoors. My room is setup so my grows vent back into the house hopefully these fumes wont escape into my house through the carbon filter??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

budfriend

budfriend

I use something called excell LG. I think it is organic. I know it is systemic. But i also use the sulfer burner. Just stop it before flowers start.

joeca1i

joeca1i

PM makes me ill,I toss any plant that gets it.Just grow strains that are mildew proof.

H

haole

eagle20 eagle 20 eagle 20.

fairly easy to eradicate PM in my experience. Seems to give about 30 days of immunity... clean carefully and burn sulfur in the whole area a few times in that 30 days and you can get rid of PM completely. Not for use in veg though.

G

Green Supreme

Powdery mildew is a plant living within a plant. The powdery part being just the fruit. Ridding the fruit it easy, but rarely is the plant removed. Most of these "cures" only prevent the fruiting, Curing will be much more intensive. Peace GS

H

haole

Powdery mildew is a plant living within a plant. The powdery part being just the fruit. Ridding the fruit it easy, but rarely is the plant removed. Most of these "cures" only prevent the fruiting, Curing will be much more intensive. Peace GS

eagle 20, eagle20

Last time I treated was at least 100 days ago now. No problems at all to this day.

First time I treated everything with it, all my room was clear for about 30 days. Then I stupidly stupidly opened up my dry vacuum to clean it, saw dust go everywhere. Within 7 days, you could seem pm on the leaves near the intakes.

Been clean this time for more than 3 months. :party0044:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes eagle 20 for the plants, but to keep the pm from coming back you'll need to do a lot of work in the room. I tossed all my oscillating fans and box fans on the floor, pulled down the plastic off the walls, took every piece of gear from the room and cleaned it with physan, bombed the room and scrubbed the walls and ceiling with physan. been over a year no and still no pm at the site.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/eagle.htm ^^

got to wonder about the toxicity since it is only registered for use on ornamentals

Peace GS

there isnt a single systemic that isnt made for ornamentals, funny this is eagle 20 is labeled to be able to be used on grapes in ca.

in any case this isnt something you want to do unless you have no choice as far as saving a cut you maybe cant replace. again I would use it only cuts just after they rooted or a mom.

I ended up starting over on genetics when I had my bought of PM.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Running sulfer has its benefits along with its negatives. The negatives you typically dont hear about is the film of death it leaves. Its fine for the plants (not budding or using neem) but it stinks if you get it on anything and it really sticks as far as the stink. I dont think I will run it anymore but for a high mold factor in a room I would say hell yes to it.

You can use other things for PM though. I have even used liquid compost solution as a foliar to fix it. Neem is good, and skim milk (if thats the right word).

H

haole

http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/eagle.htm ^^

got to wonder about the toxicity since it is only registered for use on ornamentals

Peace GS

hmmm that registration you offer must be outdated... labeled for edible peaches, prunes, plums, nectarines etc.

also look at what a great site lists, and they give refs, pesticideinfo.org

Historical Use of this Chemical
Top five crops and sites for this pesticide in California
Wine Grapes Table and Raisin Grapes Tomatoes for Processing Strawberries Almonds
View All Crops and Sites

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC120

Don't use it in flower!!!!!!

H

haole

yes eagle 20 for the plants, but to keep the pm from coming back you'll need to do a lot of work in the room. I tossed all my oscillating fans and box fans on the floor, pulled down the plastic off the walls, took every piece of gear from the room and cleaned it with physan, bombed the room and scrubbed the walls and ceiling with physan. been over a year no and still no pm at the site.

Didn't try all that, just vacuumed lightly, removed all trash and plant debris, and burned sulfur two or three times. :bug

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Didn't try all that, just vacuumed lightly, removed all trash and plant debris, and burned sulfur two or three times. :bug

LOL yeah Im anal!

I even gave away the shop vac I used for the cleanup. (to a non grower friend)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Running sulfer has its benefits along with its negatives. The negatives you typically dont hear about is the film of death it leaves. Its fine for the plants (not budding or using neem) but it stinks if you get it on anything and it really sticks as far as the stink. I dont think I will run it anymore but for a high mold factor in a room I would say hell yes to it.

You can use other things for PM though. I have even used liquid compost solution as a foliar to fix it. Neem is good, and skim milk (if thats the right word).

my old sulphur burner used to really kick out massive clouds and leave powdered sulphur all over the room, especially thick in a 4 foot radius around the burner itself. plus the whole house would really reek of burnt matches.

got myself a hotbox and its so much better

B

bigd

I ordered Oxidate today. Only comes in 2 1/2 gallon bottles, 191.00 with shipping. The lady from the company said it can be used up till harvest for medical marijuana. It kills many diseases, can be used every few days, and nothing can supposedly build a tolerance to it. As with the agri fos, I will report my results.

D

Darkstar

I battled PM for over two years using JMS Stylet Oil but the PM always came back about 10-14 days later then I used Eagle 20 twice on my clones and I'm getting ready to finish my first run in two years WITHOUT any PM.

All that other stuff were just band aids. I was always told PM was from bad enviroment but my room is squeeky clean and my RH was below 40% and I have 2 18" oscillating fans running 24/7 but I just couldn't get rid of that PM until I used Eagle 20.

If you're fighting PM use Eagle 20 and don't look back. 2ml per Gallon and spray only in veg.

Peace...

B

bigd

OK, I ordered Eagle 20 also. I am going to go broke trying pm cures, but I will not stop until I find something that works. I lost about 1/2 of my last harvest to pm. And I will post honest results so others can just go strait to a cure!

B

bicycle racer

OK, I ordered Eagle 20 also. I am going to go broke trying pm cures, but I will not stop until I find something that works. I lost about 1/2 of my last harvest to pm. And I will post honest results so others can just go strait to a cure!

you found it you will never have pm again you have won trust me. 2ml to 2.5ml a gall full coverage in veg and once at onset of 12/12 fixed. does not burn plants i have sprayed sprouts unrooted clones etc.. utterly harmless to cannabis plants not like neem or pyrethrum or sulphur or so many other treatment that fry delicate tissue.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Darkstar, there are MANY species of PM fungi, I've already dealt with a species that had no problem propagating itself in 30% RH. Lowering RH is not automagically a cure for PM, people need to let go of that idea.
I use something called excell LG. I think it is organic. I know it is systemic. But i also use the sulfer burner. Just stop it before flowers start.
I just picked this stuff up, will be experimenting with it on an as-needed basis.
Someone recommended this. Peace GS

I ordered Oxidate today. Only comes in 2 1/2 gallon bottles, 191.00 with shipping. The lady from the company said it can be used up till harvest for medical marijuana. It kills many diseases, can be used every few days, and nothing can supposedly build a tolerance to it. As with the agri fos, I will report my results.
Non-systemic, foliar only, and let it come with a word of warning to you--be VERY careful! You'll have to really saturate the girls, and there is a real risk of burning the living shit out of them if treatment requires using the 2oz/gal dosing rates. Burning to the point of making buds shrink.

I know because I did it last week, fortunately only one girl burned like that. I'm going with a systemic ASAP, I'm sick of all this God damn foliaring.

Another word of caution, let it be a very strong caution for you--USE THE PPG! Especially a respirator. Do not fuck around with this stuff. Ventilate very, very well when using it, DO NOT let it splash, especially the straight OxiDate, do not allow contact with bare skin or clothing. Remove any clothing that's made contact immediately and wash that clothing.

Top Bottom