Taco-ing On Sugar/fan Leaves Only.

• Thread starter Timtookalook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Nice man. Just wanted to know if I was right haha for my own sake too lol. Whenever I see curling now I’m like “fuck I got bm’s”. But from what I’ve read if you have them, it won’t get better and they will eat your newest growth buds n all. Not like a spider mite that will just cause spotting and webbing and ruin your bud- bm’s will literally eat it. Im very grateful to have avoided them. Happy gardening, peace:D

I was definitely worried, with all the advice from here, and what I read, It seemed to fit the mites theory... but like i said.... I went over every dam leaf, night after night. BUT, I learned a lot during the process, and so none of thr advice (Even the wrong advice) wasn't waisted, so I thank everyone, and no grudges to those who misdiagnosed my plant. BMs are nasty lil bitches.... from what ive read... ughh.. Thanks again for the message n PEEEEACE Brotha!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
First grow? From seed? In the winter in Canada? In a new clean room?Seems unlikely you’d have russets. Scope it at 60x plus to be sure but probably from that SUPER low humidity and high nutes/ too bright of light combined. Possibly high temps too. The bad leaves probably will never uncurl, look to the new growth for improvement....At least I hope you don’t have russets, good luck man
im thinking along these lines new growth lights to close and to bright and brand new. get a fan blowing between the lights and the tops and raise it a few inches

Reactions: NGA
Ina

Ina

"i'm not choppin my girls down until I see mites/bugs with my own two eyes"!!!Exactly!:)I would never do that only because someone tells me so.Even with good intensions:)The pic with attacked by mites plant was very different than yours:)The leaves of the sick plant were also yellow and stuff,absolutely different,sick looking plants and yours were only curling on the tops from heat or whatever but still green and healthy,nothing like the example of mites.

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

"i'm not choppin my girls down until I see mites/bugs with my own two eyes"!!!Exactly!:)I would never do that only because someone tells me so.Even with good intensions:)The pic with attacked by mites plant was very different than yours:)The leaves of the sick plant were also yellow and stuff,absolutely different,sick looking plants and yours were only curling on the tops from heat or whatever but still green and healthy,nothing like the example of mites.

Hey bud, Thanks for messaging. I like to think they all had good intentions, and they scared the shit outta me AND I'm glad they did, kinda... lol. Now I'm well aware of bugs n mites and have done some serious bug prevention throughout my room (nothing directly to my plants) from aunt traps, dietanacieous earth, and fly catcher strips, something I may not have done if I didnt have the shit scared out of me about mites. SOOOO I thank those who were mislead or were misinformed in there diagnosis.... the girls are happy! And are coming into their 2nd week of flowering. Heres a recent pic (2days ago)

Enjoy and happy growing friend!
Received 1722050717889054
Received 1722051781222281

Thats A bottom branch fan/sugar leaf!... I'm no small man either, (6'3 205lbs) those aren't small hands.... look good eh?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have my lights on currently 24/7 during this veg. Stage..... when is a good time to spray neem? Is it okay with the lights on...or should i switch two 18hrs on and 6 off?
never foliar apply and spray while lights on. you can time it so you can spray right before lights are due out.

I'm perplexed, as some mentioned it could be russet mites, but taking the fact you popped beans no cuts, winter months in the big north and as shown in your pics you run a clean ship. But it sure does look like RM damage.

Heres a real good representation of RM issues. But again it just doesn't make sense..... scope like a mofo before you chop or hack anything. If you have them you will be able to find evidence with a good scope and patience... Pay attention specifically at branch/trunk junctures and leaf undersides.....

th

th

Heres what they look like

Upload 2018 4 27 16 58 37

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

I stand corrected I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong which isn't to often lol joking. I'm really happy that this didn't turn out to be mites. Happy Growing

Thanks man! Me too! Thanks for scareing the hell outta me! Haha it was a good thing tho, like I said I'm now well versed in bugs and now, well protected for any possibility of bugs...So I thank you. And Thanks for your admission, takes a man to admit when he is wrong... trust me, I know! Hahaha!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man! Me too! Thanks for scareing the hell outta me! Haha it was a good thing tho, like I said I'm now well versed in bugs and now, well protected for any possibility of bugs...So I thank you. And Thanks for your admission, takes a man to admit when he is wrong... trust me, I know! Hahaha!
So what did I miss here? I wasn't convinced it was RM either as I posted above, what was the malfunction? I must have missed it...... Ph?

Last edited:
Timtookalook

Timtookalook

So what did I miss here? I wasn't convinced it was RM either as I posted what was the malfunction? I must have missed it...... Ph?

Well, thanks for asking... I believe it was a combination of things but not PH or RMs... its very dry here where I am here in Canada, BC. My humidity was as low as 15% and a high of 25%, I reduced my nutes from 700-900ppm to 400-500ppm, aswell as raised the lights 6inches or so. I brought a humidifier into the room aswell and BOOM... the curling has drastically reduced. The temps are changing here rapidly, (warmer nights)and so Im still tinkering with on/off times for my exhaust fan, throughout the day and night for optimum room temps but seem to have a handle on it now. Thanks to you guys, I have taken numerous steps to prevent any kind of bugs, since you guys scared the crap out of me.... hahaha but all good now as far as I can tell.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, thanks for asking... I believe it was a combination of things but not PH or RMs... its very dry here where I am here in Canada, BC. My humidity was as low as 15% and a high of 25%, I reduced my nutes from 700-900ppm to 400-500ppm, aswell as raised the lights 6inches or so. I brought a humidifier into the room aswell and BOOM... the curling has drastically reduced. The temps are changing here rapidly, (warmer nights)and so Im still tinkering with on/off times for my exhaust fan, throughout the day and night for optimum room temps but seem to have a handle on it now. Thanks to you guys, I have taken numerous steps to prevent any kind of bugs, since you guys scared the crap out of me.... hahaha but all good now as far as I can tell.
Very nice man. Thanks for the good newz and update!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To add, as you get better at growing and knowing different strains, keep in mind tho some peeps would say force feed everything to 1500 ppm not all strains are nute whores and don't respond well to forced feedings....... Time and experience will teach you that........ :D

S

Shawnery

Why don't you get a thermostat for your exhaust fan and a humidistat for your humidifier. I had to end up doing that and once I dis things got so much easier.

They're extremely cheap as well.

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Why don't you get a thermostat for your exhaust fan and a humidistat for your humidifier. I had to end up doing that and once I dis things got so much easier.

They're extremely cheap as well.

Is it like a timer plug-in ? That turns on off with humidity and one that works off temp? Never thought about that! Great Idea... thanks!

S

Shawnery

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
heres the one I use its a Sentinel evc 2 Controls my co2, temps and humidity, and ventilation. has photoelectric eye so it can give you control for both night and day cycles. Tad pricey but worth it.

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

To add, as you get better at growing and knowing different strains, keep in mind tho some peeps would say force feed everything to 1500 ppm not all strains are nute whores and don't respond well to forced feedings....... Time and experience will teach you that........ :D

Thanks for the message,... Doesnt it also depend on the strength or concentrate of your nutes? Theres so many choices out there and combinations it could make a man go crazy.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the message,... Doesnt it also depend on the strength or concentrate of your nutes? Theres so many choices out there and combinations it could make a man go crazy.
yes it is strength dependent as well. But my point is there are some strains that don't require or "like" heavy feeding. Some strains are real finicky when it comes to nutes.

Ina

Ina

"Hey bud"I am a lady:)It was interesting for me to,because I've never seen those specific mites(but few other types causing other than these lesions)
but I had lots of heat stress problems(combined with low humidity) and it was useful to notice the differences between taco and taco in that "taco-ing leaves" threat.Good to know!

Top Bottom