Taco-ing On Sugar/fan Leaves Only.

• Thread starter Timtookalook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Well, thanks for asking... I believe it was a combination of things but not PH or RMs... its very dry here where I am here in Canada, BC. My humidity was as low as 15% and a high of 25%,

And this is why VPD is important. In extreme conditions of VPD, excessive transpiration results and the taco is the only lever the plant can pull.

I reduced my nutes from 700-900ppm to 400-500ppm, aswell as raised the lights 6inches or so

Yes - since the water amount required for transpiration is high - lower nutrient levels work fine. Higher nutrient levels would dump salts. This is a good example of how local conditions can require modifications to the 'magic recipe' some other farmer uses. Great recovery story!

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence! Quick question tho,.. and excuse me for not knowing, (this is my very first indoor grow, and all hydroponic) but your message would make more sense to me if I understood what VPD stood for? Sorry for asking (blush). I will give you a quick update. I'm currently into my 5th week week of flowering of a 10 to 11 week strain... and never seen another taco leaf issue again after the adjustments above!. I have slowly increased ny nutes obviously from week to week (pushing 1000 to 1100ppm at this stage) and the plants are doing great!.... i completely flush and replace my water individually each week.. refeshing my nutes. I also regimently check PH on a daily basis. I now have full control over my humidity and temp using a timer like plug-in that operates on temp... (a/c unit currently plugged in) and a humidifier/dehumidifer plugged into another.... with my exhaust fan running 24/7 (No Co2 or 24/7 would be a waist obviously, 1st grow.. next time tho.. haha) my lights are on at night and off during the day... i have my 10 degree drop from lights on to lights off... humidity a.nearly steady 40% .. Im very happy with the results... seems like ages I was struggling.... but with research, hard work, and a bit of money.... I'm pretty happy with my results so far!.... Glad you liked my story! Happy growing!... post a couple pics of my room so far... and thanks again
20180523 004216

20180523 004232
Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Dunno why it inserted that last pic BUT thats a few weeks old....1st one about 4 days ago

H

heisen

And this is why VPD is important. In extreme conditions of VPD, excessive transpiration results and the taco is the only lever the plant can pull.

Yes - since the water amount required for transpiration is high - lower nutrient levels work fine. Higher nutrient levels would dump salts. This is a good example of how local conditions can require modifications to the 'magic recipe' some other farmer uses. Great recovery story!

A very good.post only a few will get.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Update pic? 4 weeks into flowering... since you wanted updates lol! And im glad you.do! Hows your girls.doing? View attachment 803599
Well let me start with, they aint looking as fine as your ladies!!!!! damn look at the legs on those gurls. :D I'm in living soil and will try to update my run next few days...….. Always loved the yields in dro.:D

Nice work man. :shockedninja::cool::smoking: Good to see you still rocking those buckets...………….

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Well let me start with, they aint looking as fine as your ladies!!!!! damn look at the legs on those gurls. :D I'm in living soil and will try to update my run next few days...….. Always loved the yields in dro.:D

Nice work man. :shockedninja::cool::smoking: Good to see you still rocking those buckets...………….

Hey Brotha!' <blush>.... Thanks for the compliment!... DWC buckets, with 5 inch airstones are the way to go! Converted this bubbler bucket system to air stone... clean and bleach my buckets every Sunday... like church! Haha... Really happy with the way things are going... roots are ridiculous! The entire bucket is filled with perfect coloured roots! Main stalk is thicker then a babys arm! ... when you do switch over to "dro". If you have any questions... ask away! Love to help... Peace Out!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Brotha!' <blush>.... Thanks for the compliment!... DWC buckets, with 5 inch airstones are the way to go! Converted this bubbler bucket system to air stone... clean and bleach my buckets every Sunday... like church! Haha... Really happy with the way things are going... roots are ridiculous! The entire bucket is filled with perfect coloured roots! Main stalk is thicker then a babys arm! ... when you do switch over to "dro". If you have any questions... ask away! Love to help... Peace Out!
I started hydo back in the 70's using the NFT style and moved on to other forms and ebb n flo and bubblers. Then I got hooked on organics and living soil and never looked back. But if I do come back to dro it will be a rcdwc system!!!!!

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

I started hydo back in the 70's using the NFT style and moved on to other forms and ebb n flo and bubblers. Then I got hooked on organics and living soil and never looked back. But if I do come back to dro it will be a rcdwc system!!!!!

70s? Eh? I was just a twinkle in my parents eye in the early 70s! (born in 78) U started with hydro back then? Crazy! The information these days is so readily available, can't imagine how little there would have been back in those days... I chose to do hydro so I wouldnt have to worry about over or underwatering, and I pretty much live in a forest so bugs could very well be a nuissance.... (i've taken every precaution possible without adding or spraying anything on my girls). I read hydro is far less susceptible to bugs. You got some pics of your show? Love seeing other peoples setups... Happy growing!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
70s? Eh? I was just a twinkle in my parents eye in the early 70s! (born in 78) U started with hydro back then? Crazy! The information these days is so readily available, can't imagine how little there would have been back in those days... I chose to do hydro so I wouldnt have to worry about over or underwatering, and I pretty much live in a forest so bugs could very well be a nuissance.... (i've taken every precaution possible without adding or spraying anything on my girls). I read hydro is far less susceptible to bugs. You got some pics of your show? Love seeing other peoples setups... Happy growing!
it was all homemade DIY stuff. I lived with a Lithuanian professor who worked at Berkley and he grew shrooms and it was his contraption that we started hydro with in the basement of the flat we shared in the bay area. He designed a real basic nft system. Dude was so smart it was hard to have fun with him but I'll tell you was smart as a whip...… There wasn't a whole lot of hydro gear available in 71 72...……... Yes I am an old curmudgeon for sure. :D

Magic M

Magic M

Great thread. Good to see things worked out for you. I have also experienced this taco ing. My problem was also ultra low humidity 12 - 15 %. Im also in B C. Ive never heard of anybody around these parts getting broad or russet mites. The 2 spot can be a bitch though.

G

GrowForJoy

If there is something I've learned the hard way, it would be to never assume. Good job investigating and trying different things to make a full recovery! Im doing my first grow too and learned a lot from this thread wether or not it was russet mites. ( I know it wasn't )
Happy growing everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom