Taking On Closed Loop Processing For The First Time.

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

This is a prebuilt system, brand called subzero. Had one system I built with a buddy a while ago but we sold that off, wasn't exactly the best quality.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
This is a prebuilt system, brand called subzero. Had one system I built with a buddy a while ago but we sold that off, wasn't exactly the best quality.

Do you mind sharing your ballpark cost; avg. input material weight and your avg. output numbers? Your size appears to be where I want to go. By then i will have retired and relocated and want to be able to support our habit and income by being able to sell into the retail market.

Thanks

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Do you mind sharing your ballpark cost; avg. input material weight and your avg. output numbers? Your size appears to be where I want to go. By then i will have retired and relocated and want to be able to support our habit and income by being able to sell into the retail market.

Thanks
4lb column, depending on material. Was 1750 to build not including braided hoses, condenser coil, solvent tank. Cost pretty much only dry ice/denatured alcohol slurry, also very little butane left in shatter platter for pour off. So may be 40 to 50 bucks per run, running cold injection. I use the jacketed column if material is iffy or want to make sauce. Percents for me range from 9% for trim to 18% for great nugs. Just always depend on material, with a system this size, a couple runs pays it off.
The system that I bought from subzero that was prebuilt is a beast and was 7700, but they are good peeps and take care of their customers well. Still took only a day to pay that system off. If you lived close to Vancouver Washington, they have glacial tanks that you can walk in and just build your own from all their badass parts. That is the place I used to build my first system, fairly priced and they pressure test everything.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
All right! Frankie has been reconfigured/rebuilt based on suggestions, research and personal preference; and is ready for his first run.

Dabarino - thanks a lot for the suggestion of putting the rig together so that I could custom fit & place each piece before I set a design. I will go ahead and also admit I now totally understand your warnings about the size (no lid sight glass); everything will be calculated by weight. :) Big brother is already being thought about. I also picked up two of the 30# recovery tanks that were recommended. The material column was in the freezer although I have been told that simply filling the jacket 30 min before solvent injection would serve the same purpose; one less step. I purchased two five gallon coolers from HD (price was right, $15 each because the lids were missing) to hold Frankie and recovery tank.

for 120 gr. of material (max for this rig) I will be using 5 cans of Whip-it premium @ 420 mil per can.

all 1.5" HP clamps torqued to 12 ft. lbs.
all 4" HP clamps torqued to 14 ft. lbs.

1.5" x 18" dewaxing material column + top 100 micron screen for solvent filter + bottom 150 micron
5 filter (100-50-20-5-2 micron) - 1.5" filter stack + sight glass
4" x 12" spool + 4" x 2" splatter platter + 4" domed top.

Oh Yes, and a 1/8" steel safety chain to wrap around the pole in the yard and Frankie so it cannot fall over.

calculations of volume and weight were done using these calculators.
https://www.countcalculate.com/geometry/volume-cylinder
https://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/volume-to-weight

Upload 2018 7 30 18 43 56
Upload 2018 7 30 18 44 45

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So Frankie had his birthday and all went well.

I have no idea what strain was used. Let's just say it is what was available. I doubt it was anywhere near fresh when i started; thus the dark color because the material certainly was not wet or damp. I will post again as soon as I find out how it smokes.

I let it sit at full vac for 12 hours. Started at 110 degrees for about 2 hours then to 120 for the duration. At 12 hours I was able to touch it without it sticking to me, so I formed the patty and put back in the vac and will check after another 12 hours.

Weight = 6.4 gr.

Upload 2018 8 1 17 34 30
Upload 2018 8 1 17 35 7
Upload 2018 8 1 17 35 32
Upload 2018 8 1 17 35 56
Upload 2018 8 1 17 36 30
Upload 2018 8 1 17 36 58
Upload 2018 8 1 17 37 20
Upload 2018 8 1 17 38 26
Upload 2018 8 1 17 38 55

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I let it sit at full vac for 12 hours. Started at 110 degrees for about 2 hours then to 120 for the duration. At 12 hours I was able to touch it without it sticking to me, so I formed the patty and put back in the vac and will check after another 12 hours.

Another 17 hours in the vac at the same temp and full vac. When touched there were no fingerprints an hour after coming out of the vac. It was quite stable as you can see from the photos. When I decided to break it up... shatter it did :-) . As for the actual smoke test. No issues at all; no sputter, spit or flames in the burn test. The taste was good but weak on terps. Buzz was good to excellent (I found myself watching highlights of the Superbowl while listening to Rush 2112, etl. at 2 am). Overall it was acceptable. I can do better. The "finance minister" has authorized further expenditures to further our pursuits.

Thanks to Everyone for all of your suggestions and advice so far. Please keep it coming.

Mama's Happy :-) ...
I will be running Frankie again shortly.

Upload 2018 8 3 22 12 10
Upload 2018 8 3 22 12 56

Latest posts

Top Bottom