Tamisium Butane Extractors

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTgrower

Why does some stuff look like peanut butter and other stuff looks like amber when the process, solvent, and sometimes even the strain are the same?

The Hippy

The Hippy

I just thought he was asking how long it takes, and what my best recovery percentage has been.

Oh maybe. I usually recover almost all the tane in about 60 mins. Last run I left about 10% tane instead of a carrier solvent as I had used before. Just a different way to the same end. I have yet to produce a clear enough oil to see thru in a vile though. Spread out it's very clear but bunched up in a vile and it gets darker. How bout you MT ?
How about a red oil. I saw some many years ago but never since. I wonder wether it may have had a small amount of food color added to it to make it crimson colored. Anybody know any thing about this colored oils. The red one left me wanting all these years as it was very good as I remember.

Blaze

Blaze

Red can be a sign of very pure oil. When BHO has been isomerized, which increases potency, it can turn that red color. Very pure alcohol extracts can also come out red, and will often have a similar consistency to BHO. The organic alcohol based oil I make from time to time comes out a nice crimson color =)

FLB

FLB

Would you be able to explain how you do that after the run ? RU meaning
the method to reclaim the butane or something different.

I have yet to use a carrier solvent and doing so doesn't thin the oil enough for the butane to fully purge. That's what I meant by 3-4 hrs to recoup 90% of tane with no carrier. The last of the tane is purged by vacuum in a marinator from Foodsaver after it is removed from the bottom chamber. Do you guys notice a difference in taste when using alcohol as a carrier?

U

UCtestn

sub'd. Good infor in this thread, and I've been considering experimenting with this.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Yes there is a very slight difference in flavor but I haven't tried a comparison with the same product ( bud )being used. My alcohol based oil was pretty nice with a more subtle flavor than my butane only run. I will be doing some runs sooon using varied bud and expect a new flavor each time. I think I will forgo the carrier on the next few runs.
I'd like to make a run using cheese bud and see what ya get with that danky herb.

M

MTgrower

Oh maybe. I usually recover almost all the tane in about 60 mins. Last run I left about 10% tane instead of a carrier solvent as I had used before. Just a different way to the same end. I have yet to produce a clear enough oil to see thru in a vile though. Spread out it's very clear but bunched up in a vile and it gets darker. How bout you MT ?
How about a red oil. I saw some many years ago but never since. I wonder wether it may have had a small amount of food color added to it to make it crimson colored. Anybody know any thing about this colored oils. The red one left me wanting all these years as it was very good as I remember.

I get what he was saying about the three hours and 90%. The butane is much easier to recover when it is in with a secondary solvent. Otherwise it has to make it's way out of the sticky, gooey oil.

I've gotten red oil, amber oil, white oil, black oil, green oil, and all the different colors of budder from blond to dark green.

I've noticed that when I use a carrier solvent (pure grain alcohol) the stuff that was budder from a scrape removal becomes amber when dissolved in alcohol and then evaporated off. The straight transfer budder won't clear up, even after heating to 200 F for 15 minutes. Normally I heat purge in my food dehydrator at 155 F for varying periods of time. I'm still doing a lot of experimentation.

I did really well in chemistry, but it has been a long time since I took that group of courses. I wish I knew what was going on molecularly. Does anyone?

The heating thing too. Turns some budders to shatter or amber.

It all gets me super stoned. I don't smoke weed anymore.

M

MTgrower

Here is a very small sampling of some of the oils/budders I've made. Some are direct BHO samples, some were made using Everclear as the secondary carrier solvent. Some were heated to between 150 and 215 degrees F.

http://i1238.invalid.com/albums/ff485/StinkBomb420/IMG_2583.jpg

All were made using the same recycled butane in a Tamisium table top extractor.

The Hippy

The Hippy

What sort of paper do you have it on there ?
I usually jar mine but it's not easy.

M

MTgrower

What sort of paper do you have it on there ?
I usually jar mine but it's not easy.

Meat freezer paper. It works great, even for the more difficult to handle products.

It is Reynolds Freezer Paper (Plastic Coated). Make sure you get plastic coated and not waxed. Obviously, put the oil on the shiny side. If it sticks, freeze it, and it will pull right off the paper.

Nice run. That is a lot of oil.

The Hippy

The Hippy

Here a couple more shot of the gold goodness. Man it tastes so good. Even a blob on the tongue is very tasty. It has a such a great flavor smoked, vaped or eaten.
I usually manage to get it into viles, but appreciate the tip of the freezer paper MT
This was a Chem bud run. I oz of fresh bud and one of previous run Chem. Got maybe 6g's on that but over all it produced about 12g for both z's

E

EuDiesel

The pictures look pretty...very interested now. It seems very flexible...

M

MTgrower

I'm pulling some through my vape dome and looking at your pics as I type this. God the oil is good. I like to eat it too. I made a batch with some white widow once that was just incredible. Got a 20g blob from my last few runs here. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase.

U

UCtestn

Am I missing something on the carrying agent?

Let's say I use olive oil, how does it come out of the tamisium? The bottom doesn't screw off, right?

So it uses a decent amount of olive oil to carry the good stuff, how does it get seperated into something smokable?

The Hippy

The Hippy

Am I missing something on the carrying agent?

Let's say I use olive oil, how does it come out of the tamisium? The bottom doesn't screw off, right?

So it uses a decent amount of olive oil to carry the good stuff, how does it get seperated into something smokable?

No you don't want to use olive oil as a carrier. You wouldn't be able to seperate it....I believe. Only use a dab of it to lub the o-rings. You can use a carrier ( alcohol,acetone, grain alcohol and others ) or no carrier and just leave a small amount of tane to pour it out....works really good actually with just the tane. Of course then you loose some tane but not much...mmmm maybe 20%
Does that help ?

The Hippy

The Hippy

I'm pulling some through my vape dome and looking at your pics as I type this. God the oil is good. I like to eat it too. I made a batch with some white widow once that was just incredible. Got a 20g blob from my last few runs here. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase.

Oh ya, thru the vape the flavor is heaven. So friggin tasty on the outside of a dube too.
How much herb did it take to get 20g's MT ? Is yours hard or flexible ? Have you made budder with it yet ?
I agree the Tamisium was a great buy and is built like a nuclear devise haha.
Easy to use and flexible in the amount of ways you can extract with it. :)

Widow huh ? wish I could taste that. I plan on a Cheese run tomorrow. This should be crazy !

feslope

feslope

Hello, new guy here. Jumping right in. How do you prepare your herb for extraction? By that I mean, do you use fresh, dryed, or dryed and cured? His You-Tube demos show the plant product dryed, ground and tightly packed into the extraction column. I would like to know a little more about the preparation and filling of the Tamisium. Thanks in advance.

M

MTgrower

Hello, new guy here. Jumping right in. How do you prepare your herb for extraction? By that I mean, do you use fresh, dryed, or dryed and cured? His You-Tube demos show the plant product dryed, ground and tightly packed into the extraction column. I would like to know a little more about the preparation and filling of the Tamisium. Thanks in advance.

You just have to experiment. I have packed it very tight, using a wooden dowell to really pack it. I use stainless screens and cotton balls for filtration at the bottom instead of the steel wool he suggests. Do not use a blender. If you want your product broken up, do it by hand. I have also packed it loosely and done inversions, etc... A lot depends on the quality and trichome density on the starting product.

Definitely use dry product. Cure if you like, it may make a smoother smoking oil. It is not necessary, however.

Top Bottom