Old Pharmer
Supporter
2 tbsp root pack
2 tbsp foliar pack
The Foliar Pack "animals",
will eat the Root Pack "plants";
I brew the AACT days before now,
and then do a "quick" 12 or 24 hr on separate root/foliar--
and add all three together at time-of-use...

JAG

JAG

Hey everyone I just started like 36 seeds and they are only a week or so old now. I just noticed that a nearby plant has what I think is Thrips and am wondering if caps bennies tea or whatever kind of application will help kill them. I am also wondering if I can spray the brewed tea on my very young seedlings safely. I wouldn't be too worried but the plants are very young to be having their very small leaves eaten and I really can't lose them!

EDIT: I have found the insect on my seedlings!

Any help much appreciated.

beachtown77

beachtown77

Hey Jag, for thrips feed those plants Monterey company fruit and vegetable soil drenxh systemic
Imidicloprid 2 oz. per gallon this will wipe them out and keep them away in 3-4 weeks. I always use it as a preventive it lasts 8 weeks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@JAG the foliar pack sprayed and drenched at full strength concentration should take care of them. Be careful with Imidocloprid on very young plants.

Ripple

Ripple

@Capulator what negative effects could one expect from giving imid to a young plant? Sorry for the noob question.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

@Capulator what negative effects could one expect from giving imid to a young plant? Sorry for the noob question.

Lot's of stunted growth, photo sensitivity, loss of vigor, I would say to expect at least 2-3 weeks of turn around time for the plants depending on how well rooted they are.

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

That would explain it then,lol. Thanks @SlabLabCO

I would honestly stay away from the systemic's these days as most 'plant herpes' are immune to what I like to refer to as the "old day" poisons'.

Neemix 4.5 (azadirachtin) is safe with bennies and does a great job with Caps Tea to annihilate RA infestations or whatever root or plant pathogen you have in the garden. Use a super good wetting agent to get it to stick, especially in RW. I like thermX70.

I have done this personally at the commercial level and the results actually blew my mind. Just remember to tea tea tea tea. Hand feed it at the crown and foliar every surface on the plant and tray, etc.

Foliar every day if you can, and also watch those water temps when brewing ;)

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Took 3 days of spare time to read this whole thing. So much great information here! Thank you @Capulator for all your contributions!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I would honestly stay away from the systemic's these days as most 'plant herpes' are immune to what I like to refer to as the "old day" poisons'.

Neemix 4.5 (azadirachtin) is safe with bennies and does a great job with Caps Tea to annihilate RA infestations or whatever root or plant pathogen you have in the garden. Use a super good wetting agent to get it to stick, especially in RW. I like thermX70.

I have done this personally at the commercial level and the results actually blew my mind. Just remember to tea tea tea tea. Hand feed it at the crown and foliar every surface on the plant and tray, etc.

Foliar every day if you can, and also watch those water temps when brewing ;)

Actually neem and azidirachtin are antagonists of all fungi and therefore will deter growth of good fungi as well. It is best to wait 4-7 days after the application of OG Biowar before applying any neem product.

frebo

frebo

Actually neem and azidirachtin are antagonists of all fungi and therefore will deter growth of good fungi as well. It is best to wait 4-7 days after the application of OG Biowar before applying any neem product.

Thanks Cap. I should have asked about that earlier

SlabLabCO

SlabLabCO

Thanks for clearing that up for my brain

J

jsteezy

SO, when battling RA, you use the full strength tea instead of taking 1 cup of tea to 5 gallons of water? How long do I do this for? After two weeks can I start using more diluted versions?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
SO, when battling RA, you use the full strength tea instead of taking 1 cup of tea to 5 gallons of water? How long do I do this for? After two weeks can I start using more diluted versions?

Full strength foliar pack applied with nutes or pH'd water (no tea) weekly through harvest then clean up and go preventative on the next cycle. It gets a little expensive but it is better than the alternative. I have had some of my best crops with root aphids, keeping them down with full strenght foliar pack drenches weekly. I have done an experiment where I left one plant untreated and it yielded nearly nothing compared to the treated plants which looked like they didn't even have RA and yielded 2+ lbs each.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Full strength foliar pack applied with nutes or pH'd water (no tea) weekly through harvest then clean up and go preventative on the next cycle. It gets a little expensive but it is better than the alternative. I have had some of my best crops with root aphids, keeping them down with full strenght foliar pack drenches weekly. I have done an experiment where I left one plant untreated and it yielded nearly nothing compared to the treated plants which looked like they didn't even have RA and yielded 2+ lbs each.

How long does the tea last after you are done bubbling it and remove the tea bag?

Latest posts

Top Bottom