Temperature Controller For 230v Window Units?

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

Hi,

Does anyone know if they make 230v temperature controllers for the bigger window units? I have a sentinel Basic Temp Controller and it only works with 120 plug types and most of the bigger units are 230v's, so I'm looking for a temp controller that takes the different plug type.

Thanks for the input.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Heres what i did for my setup. I used a light controller, plugged my ac into that, plugged the trigger cord into the controller a.c. port.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Heres what i did for my setup. I used a light controller, plugged my ac into that, plugged the trigger cord into the controller a.c. port.

So the AC you have is a 220 which plugs into a 220v light controller and then you have the trigger from that running into the 120 slot on a temp controller, does the light controller plug in anywhere other than the trigger cord into the temp controller ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My a.c. is a 110. The controller is built for either 110/220. So you just wire it up 220, plug the 110v trigger cord into your controller. Set controller to xxx, set your a.c. setting to the lowest. You want the controller to dictate the temp reading.

20170921 203821
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

And that frees up amps for the controller to operate my deheuy. Or I can use another light controller for the deheuy. Just be smart, don't go over 80% amps in any circuit. Safe is better than a fire.

Top Bottom