Tent Or No Tent?

• Thread starter nath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nath

nath

Hey guys,

I have a 5 x 8.5 ft room attached to my house with pitched ceiling from 7.5 to 6.5 ft high. Here's a simple diagram, the door opens into the house.

Room dimensions

I can probably get the room sealed up pretty well using panda film and duct tape but it won't be perfect. I want to use a 630w CMH in there and just use a 4x4 area of the room to start (I'm a beginner). I have a 4x4 tent with a 6 ft ceiling in storage. Would you guys recommend I use the tent or go without it? I've been told that the tent will help with pests, offer more light to the plants, and help with temp/humidity control.

Other thing I'm wondering is whether I should pull air from outside or pull it from the house? The house is not air conditioned but I'm in a pretty moderate climate and so far I'm only planning on running the room during winter. I was thinking that maybe when it rains pulling from inside the house would be a better idea because of lower humidity? Appreciate any input.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I'm a tent guy so I would say tent.That way you'll have enough extra room for all of your nutes,water,etc. Too humid here to pull outside air.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Definitely BLOW THAT ROOM UP!!
Get the room sealed up then no worries with bugs. Invest in a mini split for cooling and run C02. Invest in a 1150w gavita and get the wider hood. You’ll BLOW THAT ROOM UP!!!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Personally I would go with tents in that space. For one you already own a tent. You won’t have to drill into your walls or ceiling to hang equipment as the tents support bars are also meant to hang equipment from. Using tent would give you greater flexibility in the space. If you use the room as is your veg and flower would have to be done in the same space; this makes it difficult to maintain moms or clones without designating another area. If you put two tents in there you can keep moms, clones and vegging plants in one tent and flowering plants in another. You would also have some additional space to add more tents if you wanted.

London bud

London bud

Set the tent up in one corner and use it for flowering, create your own set up in the corner next to it for vegging. When starting seedlings and vegging it just needs a light and a fan going, try to trap the light in that corner the best you can but it doesn't need to be exact if your using metal halide or hps. After you harvest your bud, the plants from the veg area are moved to the flower tent and new seedlings/clones are started in the veg area. That way you'll be cutting bud every 9weeks

nath

nath

Really appreciate all the replies guys, this gives me a lot to think about.

nath

nath

Hey guys, I was just measuring in the room. Having never grown indoors or in a tent, I wonder how often I would need to access the opposite side of the tent. I'm planning on doing 4 plants in the 4x4 in 5 or 7 gallon pots. If I scrogged I'm guessing the answer would be quite often. If I didn't SCROG I'm thinking I might be able to move the plants around a bit and not have to access the back side of the tent very often. What sounds right to those of you with experience?

My reason for concern is that unless the tent is backed up against the wall in that room I don't have much space to store things or to set up anything else in there which makes the tent a little less attractive. Thanks.

London bud

London bud

I think the tent is essential as it'll let you have the flowering plants in total darkness while the rest of your veg lights are on.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys,

I have a 5 x 8.5 ft room attached to my house with pitched ceiling from 7.5 to 6.5 ft high. Here's a simple diagram, the door opens into the house.

View attachment 833530

I can probably get the room sealed up pretty well using panda film and duct tape but it won't be perfect. I want to use a 630w CMH in there and just use a 4x4 area of the room to start (I'm a beginner). I have a 4x4 tent with a 6 ft ceiling in storage. Would you guys recommend I use the tent or go without it? I've been told that the tent will help with pests, offer more light to the plants, and help with temp/humidity control.

Other thing I'm wondering is whether I should pull air from outside or pull it from the house? The house is not air conditioned but I'm in a pretty moderate climate and so far I'm only planning on running the room during winter. I was thinking that maybe when it rains pulling from inside the house would be a better idea because of lower humidity? Appreciate any input.
What we doing here building a flower room?

London bud

London bud

You couldd try training your plants with tying down instead of scrog, check my grow diary and see what you think of what I'm doing

nath

nath

What we doing here building a flower room?

At the moment it's the only space I have for veg or flower. I was thinking of doing everything here for my first indoor grow and then try to find a second space next grow and use the smaller for veg and larger for flower.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I would place the tent against the wall all the way to the left with the back flat against the wall. If it is centered it should give you access on either side of the tent allowing you to get in there to train your plants. That should leave you with room to put a 2’ x 4’ tent directly across from the door into the room. This should leave you with a bit of space to store materials and nutes.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
CF9B32ED 91AB 4F84 9EE7 40577A2C62E5
Split it in half north to south. Build a wall in the middle. 4x5 flower on one side veg and clones the other. It’s a good start to build on. Sorry, I’m not a tent grower. Think about it, you got a lot of room with ceiling height that you can expand apon. Remember once you start you can’t stop.

G gnome

G gnome

At the moment it's the only space I have for veg or flower. I was thinking of doing everything here for my first indoor grow and then try to find a second space next grow and use the smaller for veg and larger for flower.
If u have another space for veg area then its a no brainer. Use the whole rm to flower. Tents r for ppl who dont know how to swing a hammer, read a tape or renting a rm at their grandmother's house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom