tenting advice welcomed

• Thread starter Botanikos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Botanikos

Botanikos

Planning a grow room and have looked into tents as a viable option. I'm used to the outdoors but I'm wanting more of an inside operation for many reasons. Have no experience with growing inside tents and am looking for feedback on them.
Also are there any difference between the materials of the tent? If materials are different are there advantages/disadvantages?
Maintenance?
Air tight, light tight?
Cleaning?
weight limitations on hanging lights fans etc...?

Of course anything that maybe important that I've missed... Thanks in advance

S

singularity

Yes, all those things. People usually just throw an expensive brand name out there but they all have their shortcommings it seems, nothing is perfect. So look to the specs, if they even include them. Strong metal corners, steel poles, because we dont' care about lightweight we care about strength, load bearing capacity should be rated, thickness of the canvas assuming thicker is better.

If you can look at some no name chinese based products (they alllllll come from there anyway) and you'll find some have better specs than those expensive brands at a quarter of the cost.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I use one of the pricier name brands (HydroHut) and have been very happy with it. You can find them used pretty easily if you are in the right part of the planet.

outwest

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I use one of the pricier name brands (HydroHut) and have been very happy with it. You can find them used pretty easily if you are in the right part of the planet.

outwest

Outwest is absolutely correct. I picked up my 5x10 tent for $70 out of pocket..brand new in box. I think it retailed for 260. Its not as high a quality as his probably, but each hanging bar has an 88lb capacity. Although, the distributor told me not to hang my filter from it, just my light. Magnums weigh 33lbs, and my filter certainly isnt 50..probably about the same weight as the Mag. Idk, scared to try though. Probably just make a 6x6 stand that sits about 5" tall and zip tie and secure everything to a corner bar.

S

singularity

What are you talking about man, your post doesn't agree with his at all. He said you can get an expensive brand name tent cheaper if you get it used (and probably damaged).

You're saying you got a brand name no-name tent for 70 dollars. If it's a 5X10 tent that retailed for 260 there's no way in hell it's a brand name tent.

You can't exactly say someone is "absolutely correct" when your supporting experience doesn't at all match up to what you're agreeing with.

dankworth

dankworth

I made a cabinet framed with 2x4s. Hinged doors. Weatherstripping for the doors for lightproofing. OSB boards for walls.
One could simply throw blankets or black plastic over it for further lightproofing.
Cheaper than some tents, better load-bearing capacity.
Customizable.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I love panda wrap rooms. They go up fast and all the load bearing is done on the studs in your house. But this is about tents....

I grew in a hydro hut for 2 runs and loved every minuet of it. Black canvas with white rubber or vinyl on the inside, very easy to control the enviroment. It was just this awesome black cube in the middle of my living room. Also, I picked mine up used and saved a ton of cash over retail.

Top Bottom