Test My Thc

• Thread starter Nugbunny314
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugbunny314

Nugbunny314

Hey guys I recently just harvested my outdoor grow and have the buds curing now. But I’d like to see how much thc and or cbd I have in my herb. Anyone know what the name of a THC tester would be? Any trusted brands?

MW7945

MW7945

You'd have to take it to a lab realistically. I can't imagine any home tests would be very accurate; if there is any.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gaschromotography is the onky way

Besides the human test

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hey guys I recently just harvested my outdoor grow and have the buds curing now. But I’d like to see how much thc and or cbd I have in my herb. Anyone know what the name of a THC tester would be? Any trusted brands?

The most reliable source for bud testing has got to be Mr. Bud Bogart. He has never failed to test a bud when the opportunity presents itself.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I’m not to familiar with the testing process, but even the store bough chronic that says 30% thc has a little note saying it can vary by 15%. Maybe varies that much from the same plant, or the test is just not that accurate? I would guess the larf would test much lower than tips of colas.

Also, could someone explain to me how testing thc works? So you have a single trichome head were all the goods are, does that single trich have the percentage of thc right there...as in this trich head is 30% thc. Or is the over all trichome density of a bud taken into account? Like a bud that is just coated with trichs vs. one that is not. Maybe I’m not making sense, but trying to.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Lol

30%

30% is in the top tier of elite strains. Most strains you'll be lucky to get in the 20-25%. Now remember, most testing labs inflate the thc numbers to stroke the proverbial grower cola ego, and to bring back more biz.

We set up a lab locally here 4 yrs ago. It was an EPIC and I mean EPIC Thailand nothing but lies from this place. So I do NOT believe in testing, unless I'm there doing the work, my buddy is, or i do what I've always done, asked my many patients for their 2 cents.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Lol

30%

30% is in the top tier of elite strains. Most strains you'll be lucky to get in the 20-25%. Now remember, most testing labs inflate the thc numbers to stroke the proverbial grower cola ego, and to bring back more biz.

We set up a lab locally here 4 yrs ago. It was an EPIC and I mean EPIC Thailand nothing but lies from this place. So I do NOT believe in testing, unless I'm there doing the work, my buddy is, or i do what I've always done, asked my many patients for their 2 cents.

I dunno, maybe I’m getting a little ball tap from the disp...but it is the best dispensary for flower I have come across in CO and grow top teir strains. Small batch shop, they run out all the time. One 1/4 I purchased claimed 32%...It was fire, who knows actual %, it was very nice looking. I’ve done my homework, and only buy from one disp. They may be pulling my chain some, but hands down the best flower I have found in CO. That is why I grow their genetics. Lying to me or not about thc, it is good herb.

This is why I’m intersted in testing.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Im anti dispensary!!

So I'll leave my comments about their business model out of here. Please find a local grower and source your meds from them. At least you can talk to the grower directly and ask (if they don't lie) what's not in or in their product.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Im anti dispensary!!

So I'll leave my comments about their business model out of here. Please find a local grower and source your meds from them. At least you can talk to the grower directly and ask (if they don't lie) what's not in or in their product.
I grow myself, for the reasons you mention. You can check out my grow, Underthesun in the CO Rockies. I get great genetics from a dispensary I trust, real legit. I’m not really a dispensary fan either since most seem to screw you over (especially is tourists spots, like where I live), but have my favorite when needed...usually early fall, since I only harvest once in mid fall and sometimes I mis count my apples for the year and short myself. I drive an hour to go there and pass 15 disps on the way. So I’m picky.

Anyways, if I didn’t have my own greenhouse with top shelf I would be searching for a local guy to hook it up with the dank for discount costs and willing to talk about his garden. Solid advice.

So thc testing? Is the percentage based on the trich heads, or is trichome density, say per square inch, taken into consideration?

gwheels

gwheels

I just gauge it myself and then give a doob to 3 key people. It is not scientific but it works :D I also only buy seeds that are rated 22% and higher to give it a fighting chance.

Irish063

Irish063

Just read this on Leafly. sorry I'm being lazy and don't want to read through more sites. It states a very common method used is HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography). It sounds very similar to gas chromatography that was done in chemistry class.
A sample of the flower is mixed with a solvent and then they measure how long it takes to go through the system.
(In this case seconds to maybe a minute) from what I understood the slower the high concentration of desired canabanoid.
I'm sure there are other methods and I wouldn't be surprised if the measures the number of tricks per square mm. I have no reference for this I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I’d like to see how much thc and or cbd I have in my herb. Anyone know what the name of a THC tester would be? Any trusted brands?

There is no home test - and if some half-ass company is selling one.... run the other way.

It can only be done in a lab via GC-MS or HPLC. Your best bet would be to talk to your local dispensary [if you have one], and see if there are any local options.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I’m not to familiar with the testing process, but even the store bough chronic that says 30% thc has a little note saying it can vary by 15%.
Ok so the majority of dispensaries are completely dishonest when it comes to testing and the numbers that are put on the label.

The only reason that number would fluctuate that much, is because they never accurately analyzed it.

If you wanna find out which dispensaries are just cacking-shit about their THC percentages..... ask them if they do 3rd party analytical testing, or in-house? Then ask to see the Certificate of Analysis for proof!

Chances are, it's just in-house bullshit.

~

Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

[Reputable] medical dispensaries will have 2 or 3 labs run independent tests on the same lot.

~

L

Lucy66

It's hard to find a professional THC tester. This testertester is popular on Amazon. But have no use experience of it. Hope could help you.

BioStimz

BioStimz

It's hard to find a professional THC tester. This testertester is popular on Amazon.
Did you read my previous comments?

That's for testing serum THC in the body. That's not going to quantify anything - it's either positive or negative.

You can't quantify THC-percentages in the absence of GC-MS or HPLC.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Ok so the majority of dispensaries are completely dishonest when it comes to testing and the numbers that are put on the label.

The only reason that number would fluctuate that much, is because they never accurately analyzed it.

If you wanna find out which dispensaries are just cacking-shit about their THC percentages..... ask them if they do 3rd party analytical testing, or in-house? Then ask to see the Certificate of Analysis for proof!

Chances are, it's just in-house bullshit.
Fortunately, there's one honest dispensary around here. They hire 3-different labs to verify accuracy, so I know their THC levels are on point:

Screenshot 20171020 204735

Latest posts

Top Bottom