• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
hope all is well they must be getting a little bigger now lol
Will have some updated pics later in week, I initiated flower 4 days ago. Will get closeups of them in last stages of veg before sex is determined. Will also show some of the studs that will be kept once they show and I decide what the keepers will be.!!! Busy busy.......

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We have a funeral today for one of my bro's, his Mom passed and we also have the grandbaby this weekend will update this thread on Monday for sure. Life has a way of changing a persons plans. See you all on Monday.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A quick update, pics to follow once sexing is complete.

Thus far I have culled 4 males from the WiFi Connection set and so far 2 males from the SnowBerry Blue set. The gals aren't being as obvious and seem to be holding out a tad. They were flipped 11 days ago.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry all that it has taken so long to update. When running sativa dom strains the flower process moves slower than indica strains. As you will see from the flower shot you havent missed much to date. I wanted to wait until I was certain how many made it to the show and if the lines were stable.

So lets get up to speed on this test run. To recap 2 packs of 13 each were popped out of 13 Wifi 7 made it to the show.

Out of 13 Snowberry we got 8 of 13.

I have since those #'s had to cull 4 of the Wifi for mixed sex. And 2 of the Snowberries for the same reason leaving me a total of 3 Wifi's and ^ Snowberry Blues. I have kept a keen eye since finding the hermies as with a sativa dom strain it can go sideways due to the fact sativa's have been notorious for going hermaphrodite as this is a built in mechanism to assure survival of the species. To add it can happen in indica lines as well but sativa's are more prone than indie's in this respect.

Upon coming home today, I did my usual inspection and found that 5 more out of 9 left have male parts along with the female flower. I am at this time culling the balance of the grow to preserve some other proven genetics I cannot afford to lose.

Here are my stats. Grown in 5 gall smart bags with living soil that has been in works for 4 years. Nutes have been NFTG advanced. Temps avg 76 deg F 66 deg at lights off. Rh has been 65% for a VPD value of 10.4 which is spot on for this environment.

Overall, the plants once flipped stretched 200+ %. Avg length between nodes was 5". To be expected with a sativa as opposed to a indie dom strain. They were very slow to show sex as well, another satie dom trait sometimes.

I do need to share that I am not really gutted by this as the grow was setup to test a line/s and sometimes things don't always go well. But I knew this possibility going in. That why it's called testing.

In my opinion, both lines need more work to weed out the hermie characteristics and lock down and stabilise the lines. With poor germination rates, and overall weak branching along with the hermaphroditic tendencies, I would recommend that more work be done with both these lines to better stabilize them.

Now for those that would call me a hater, keep in mind this was a test of new crosses and I am doing the breeder a dis-service by not reporting accurately my findings. So I want to reiterate this isn't a bad mark on DG lines overall. It is part of working a genetic line to help the breeder put out a stable great product.

In closing when testing new work remember it is a no harm no foul thing and honest reporting helps the breeder to see where they need to focus more attention on a particular line.

This thread is officially done.

DSCN1767
DSCN1763
DSCN1764
DSCN1765
DSCN1766

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sorry all that it has taken so long to update. When running sativa dom strains the flower process moves slower than indica strains. As you will see from the flower shot you havent missed much to date. I wanted to wait until I was certain how many made it to the show and if the lines were stable.

So lets get up to speed on this test run. To recap 2 packs of 13 each were popped out of 13 Wifi 7 made it to the show.

Out of 13 Snowberry we got 8 of 13.

I have since those #'s had to cull 4 of the Wifi for mixed sex. And 2 of the Snowberries for the same reason leaving me a total of 3 Wifi's and ^ Snowberry Blues. I have kept a keen eye since finding the hermies as with a sativa dom strain it can go sideways due to the fact sativa's have been notorious for going hermaphrodite as this is a built in mechanism to assure survival of the species. To add it can happen in indica lines as well but sativa's are more prone than indie's in this respect.

Upon coming home today, I did my usual inspection and found that 5 more out of 9 left have male parts along with the female flower. I am at this time culling the balance of the grow to preserve some other proven genetics I cannot afford to lose.

Here are my stats. Grown in 5 gall smart bags with living soil that has been in works for 4 years. Nutes have been NFTG advanced. Temps avg 76 deg F 66 deg at lights off. Rh has been 65% for a VPD value of 10.4 which is spot on for this environment.

Overall, the plants once flipped stretched 200+ %. Avg length between nodes was 5". To be expected with a sativa as opposed to a indie dom strain. They were very slow to show sex as well, another satie dom trait sometimes.

I do need to share that I am not really gutted by this as the grow was setup to test a line/s and sometimes things don't always go well. But I knew this possibility going in. That why it's called testing.

In my opinion, both lines need more work to weed out the hermie characteristics and lock down and stabilise the lines. With poor germination rates, and overall weak branching along with the hermaphroditic tendencies, I would recommend that more work be done with both these lines to better stabilize them.

Now for those that would call me a hater, keep in mind this was a test of new crosses and I am doing the breeder a dis-service by not reporting accurately my findings. So I want to reiterate this isn't a bad mark on DG lines overall. It is part of working a genetic line to help the breeder put out a stable great product.

In closing when testing new work remember it is a no harm no foul thing and honest reporting helps the breeder to see where they need to focus more attention on a particular line.

This thread is officially done.

View attachment 674121 View attachment 674122 View attachment 674123 View attachment 674124 View attachment 674125

Man that's one tall/ skinny/ stretchy plant.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Really don't want to spend anymore time or energy on this I laid it all out and I'm done with this thread. Thanks for checking in.

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
wow thanks for the testing this is the first for me seeing this and we have more work to do but we always enjoy this type of testing to see what the plant can do . We have a lot of happy people with our strains and here to try to weed out the weeker ones.

Thanks Again

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thabks for the update. Considering whether to pull mine now and go with something else before I get too deep.
That is a decision only you can make. This is chance when running pure or satie dom strains. Especially if the line hasnt been worked hard and have any hermie traits bred out of the genepool. And it isnt always the genetics at times it can be grower error, but I can say I'm not sure how much better my parameters could have been. Testing is a roll of the dice. Not the first time and prolly wont be the last. I liken it to beta testing new software. Drew with DG is a good guy and we will continue to work together. Good luck with your run either way I hope it goes well for you!!!

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
That is a decision only you can make. This is chance when running pure or satie dom strains. Especially if the line hasnt been worked hard and have any hermie traits bred out of the genepool. And it isnt always the genetics at times it can be grower error, but I can say I'm not sure how much better my parameters could have been. Testing is a roll of the dice. Not the first time and prolly wont be the last. I liken it to beta testing new software. Drew with DG is a good guy and we will continue to work together. Good luck with your run either way I hope it goes well for you!!!
Couldn't have said it better too many times people get hermis and blame the "breeder" its all in the name of discovery I popped 100 seeds culled males and ran into a hermi at week 6 it pollinated my test room. Was I passed? Yes
Was it my fault most definitely
Will I ever buy seeds from sincity again. Hell yea .

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Couldn't have said it better too many times people get hermis and blame the "breeder" its all in the name of discovery I popped 100 seeds culled males and ran into a hermi at week 6 it pollinated my test room. Was I passed? Yes
Was it my fault most definitely
Will I ever buy seeds from sincity again. Hell yea .
Indeed. ;) It is the nature of the beast. I agree most newbies are too quick to blame the breeder and not take responsibility. We all know new lines/crosses come with some inherent risk and danger. Thats how the cookie crumbles. It is like you said, a journey of discovery and helping the breeder fine tune their lines. And in doing so we all win!!!

Good to see you BTW my friend. :) I will continue to work with DG in the future.

G

Greenworm

Appreciate that, I'm hoping to go ahead and run them, I've popped a couple of each so it I'm keen to continue, they won't be grown big so if I have to pull one or 2 it's no biggie. Certainly they are showing vigor, all the ones popped last week are twice the size of the biker kushes

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Appreciate that, I'm hoping to go ahead and run them, I've popped a couple of each so it I'm keen to continue, they won't be grown big so if I have to pull one or 2 it's no biggie. Certainly they are showing vigor, all the ones popped last week are twice the size of the biker kushes
they will stretch 200+ once flipped they would be veritable monsters grown outdoors. Be sure to keep notes and share them with the group and with Drew/Digital Genetics so he can use that data to continue to fine tune the line..........:)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@DigitalGenetics I am pleased to report that of all the plants that headed to the compost bin with hermie traits I held 1 back as there were only a few isolated nut sacks so I have kept her in isolation. Upon further inspection and no additional sacks I have opted to keep her and run her full cycle. She is the Wifi Connection.

Here are some pics of her from a few days ago. She has great structure and flowering nicely.

DG wifi connection
DG wifi
DG wifi1

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I wanted to take a sec and resurrect this thread. When I grew out the WiFi Coonection ( I never did get back to post any bud shots or talk about the medicine.

So the story begins with the comment that you ever have the problem :D Of having so many jars of stash that you actually lose track of WTF you got. :smoking: Good problem to have right? So I was goin thru and found my jar that had some in it. Been curing for going on 5 months approx. Here are a couple of bud shots with a shitty cam. The onus with this is looks aint always everything when it comes to cannabis. Plant was dried via the Jungle Boys
" Wither on the Vine dry tech they actually weren't ready for jarring as quickly as usual as I kept the area at 60% humidity with light ventilation and the buds weren't ready for paper bagging then to jars for 20 days. I typically dry for 1 week then racks or paper bags for a day or 2 until ready for cure.

I remember sneaking a taster when I harvested and liked what I had although in today's market wowing me is hard to do. Well boyz n girls I have been wowed. I broke a bud out after finding the strain and used a clean Roor to sample and did 1 healthy rip when I got home from work today. Keep in mind I have been clean all day. I don't toke at work typically. I like the head I get after a long day of abstinence.

This strain came on like gangbusters to a point where I for the 1st time in a long time was taken off guard with the intensity of the roll. She comes in waves and keeps building to a point where your wondering when she will level out. :smoking::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: Cant say for sure of course but on the Richter scale I bet she is peggin around 20-22% thc

Man alive this is some very tasty smoke as well. She does seem to have a tad of cbd to her mix as after the initial hour of come on she balanced out to a head/body buzz that was very enjoyable.

Not much for describing terps but earthy, coffee, citrus back note is the best I can do.

All in all I would def recommend to others to give this strain a shot if you get the chance.

Props +++ to the crew @DigitalGenetics for crossing a fine hybrid.

Peace.

View attachment 728543 View attachment 728543 View attachment 728544

Top Bottom