Testing Cannabis... Tell Me Your Secrets!

• Thread starter BushyOldGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is the best Cannabis Test?

• Gas Chromatography.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Find a stoner chick and see if it gets you laid...

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Throw a bud and see if it sticks to the wall...

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Smoke weed while standing on your head and see how long till you puke...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • See how the 6th graders like it...they are truth experts.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

In a way it does but it doesn't make you straight.

Testing requires a routine so comparison can be made. The only way to test a strain is take two oz and smoke it over the course of a week or so.

Once you get to know an herb you can learn to appreciate its true qualities.

It is a nearly impossible task to test many strains a month this way.

You don't want to be a contest judge. It's impossible to do anything but this.

They give you thirty buds to test. So first you smell them all and set the good ones in one pile with all the crappy smelling and looking ones in another pile.

Then you start tasting the good pile. It's daunting and a reason contests suck.

So they try and narrow it down further with lab tests. Bullshit.

A good contest has all the people judge. And that still won't be a true evaluation by any means. You must do your own testing... :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

In a way it does but it doesn't make you straight.

Testing requires a routine so comparison can be made. The only way to test a strain is take two oz and smoke it over the course of a week or so.

Once you get to know an herb you can learn to appreciate its true qualities.

It is a nearly impossible task to test many strains a month this way.

You don't want to be a contest judge. It's impossible to do anything but this.

They give you thirty buds to test. So first you smell them all and set the good ones in one pile with all the crappy smelling and looking ones in another pile.

Then you start tasting the good pile. It's daunting and a reason contests suck.

So they try and narrow it down further with lab tests. Bullshit.

A good contest has all the people judge. And that still won't be a true evaluation by any means. You must do your own testing... :)
I agree, high times style of contest is flawed bigtime but it is great for finding that special plant that gets you stoneder even when our thc levels are so high with such a variety of cannabinoids, that special winner should still take you to that next level of mind and body alteration<<<<<that's the winner of the iron lung contest lol
Great thread @BushyOldGrower

L

Limelight.BX

for my first post on here this may come off a little funny. Over the past few years I have started doing energy testing on my starts. I link thumb to pointer finger with each hand and link the chain. I hold the link above each new start and ask if this plant is the best one of what I need and for the people who also need it as medicine. the next step is to pull your hands away from each other while trying to keep your fingers together. one that is there for you will remain solid. if not your fingers will slip dependent on what level the plant matches the energy being tested. I do this mostly on seed starts and and clone selection for finishing. I do like the smoke test at the end and I find it nice to see what the labs are like after I decide I like it. You just need to make sure your lab does their filter changes and runs blanks to see if they are creeping up. most don't. I have seen it be able to pull "the gem" out of 200 to chose from in an f1 cross. it also helps to see plant energies but you can't really teach that very easy.

L

Limelight.BX

It is version of Muscle Response Testing.

I was seeing a Bowen / Body Talk Therapist for some issues with late stage Lymes Disease a few years ago and watched how she was able to communicate with the body
through a series of Muscle Response Testing questions and realized that she was asking questions on an energetic level. All things have energy or an energetic field to some
extent. Its just a matter of using your body as the vehicle for the response. Well I have never tugged on a branch and asked anything, but that does not feel quite right.

thanks for the love, same to you

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
One of the first things I do is self sample. Like BOG said it should run over several weeks to get a true sense of potency, characteristics, ceiling levels, and tolerance build up.
If it meets my approval for my parameters I donate samples to other patients and friends that have the same inclinations as far as what qualities they are looking for in their medicine. I ask and expect for true feedback that they commit to sampling on what I call a clear head. Don't sample and tell me you have been smoking xyz dank all morning then tried mine.
I ask they commit to at least a week of only smoking my stash and then give me an appraisal. The key here again is to have the commitment that they are not co-mingling other strains while testing.

The issue we see with lab tests are that there truly are not any national standards by which the labs use to perform their tests.(that I am aware of anyway) I believe once we have a national standard that is calibrated to the same measures we can get a better sense of whats up with the medicines being tested. And even then a lab test cannot give us a solid answer on what strain is imbued with the "Entourage Effect" of all of the other constituents and spiritual power the plant contains.
Then we have to factor in the reality that not all labs are on the up n up and will inflate the test results to please a breeders/customers, etc etc.

Then lets get back to using people as testers, in my opinion peoples comments on effects, description are "subjective" much like the pain management industry. What hurts me, may not hurt you or your pain tolerance may have a higher threshold. So even with live patients it is tough to nail it down. Then factor in all of the various tolerance levels of the smokers/testers. If I haven't medicated in a few days and my tolerance is down then a mediocre strain may blast me off as opposed to not even being able to feel it had I been medicating for 2 weeks straight, or been hitting errrrl dabs as opposed to flowers. ........ Tough one to have definitive answers for sure.

PS I love @Limelight.BX method.

Good thread @BushyOldGrower

Coir

Coir

Or.... we can all just give up and only buy this guy's "most potent weed in the world". Apparently I am doing something wrong and don't know that I will ever be as good as Buddy Boy is. I feel so small right now..... (hopefully the sarcasm in my thoughts are coming through here).
Some reading for your enjoyment....
http://www.buddyboyfarm.com/thc-testing-and-what-we-know/

I

iheartpurps

First off I have been following BOG genetics ever since way back when he only had a couple strains. I quit the game for a while and come back and all the new BOG lineup is looking nice now the trouble is deciding which.

To give my perspective on testing. is first off qaulity is king over potency. For example some pre 98 bubba has only 8% thc, but it felt like sex. The 1st round of questions goes as follows for me...Is the high consistent and long lasting? Does the high feel clean? Are there any noticable comedown effects? What specific ailments did I have before smoking and which ones did they help and how? Under what conditions has my body been under prior to smoking? After comes visual appeal, smell, taste, bud structure, etc.

I believe any natural factor such as altitude, weather, seasons, humidity, appetite, atmospheric pressure, sunlight, moon cycle and more can have influence on your high vs. innerstress such as physical or emotional. If I tested a strain on a day I put my mind and body through extra stress, the score would be higher that day for effectiveness. I promise if you test a strain smoking it under different conditions and not building too much of a tolerance, then you will find for what type of moment is this strain optimal for.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

@Limelight.BX

Thanks for explaining your technique much appreciated. I am 100% on board. I use visualization techniques, and drawing down energy and sharing that energy with the plant to maximize it's natural abilities. Plants are on the lower energetic planes so it takes some practice to bring your conscious and subconscious, or for the lucky ones your integrated psyche down to the lower vibrational levels but it can be achieved with some zeal and persistence.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

@Limelight.BX, my doctor is an energy doctor, named April Fontana, the Oracle Healer. She teaches the4 oracle method of distant energy healing. I was the first of hundreds of her patients to be healed. I had herniated disks lumbar, cervical, all. She fixed aal of that and torn muscles. I know energy is in all life. I discard nothing, accept everything. Tapping into energy si something all of us can do, but we have blocked it off. well sorry for off topic. I love BOG gear the most. Bugglegum was my favorite, and I am going to try his new gear., as well.

My personal test is, does it make me forget my pain? Now I have no physical pain, but it helps me forget my mental pain too. peace. namaste

Top Bottom