Testing vegetative plants for thc/cbd ratio to see which seed is best phenotype

• Thread starter beachtown77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beachtown77

beachtown77

I have recently had sprouted a dozen seeds of various strains. One of them was Cannatonic which has potential of being high CBD. So I ended up getting all my female plants tested for THC/CBD ratio percentages. So far I am seeing similar and major differences in THC levels in my plants. I am curious if anyone else has been doing this and what there outcomes have been. For example I have 3 female Ghost Train Haze plants that have been tested plant 1 is 3.85% thc! plant 2 is 2.65% and the 3rd is 2.35%. I am going to flower clones from all of them to see which one is the strongest phenotype and see If the test really work. I want some feedback from people

Thanks!

beachtown77

beachtown77

Cannasafe Analytics is the company in Riverside Ca. Testing them for me. Don't quote me but I think it is the same way that they test buds for thc levels. My plants are only 10 weeks old give or take.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting. I never thought about having young plants tested. What's it costing you to do this?

beachtown77

beachtown77

I pay $30 per test. These test are usually good to find out high CBD plants. I sprouted 3 Cannatonic seeds and had all 3 plants tested and this test told me what plant had the highest CBD/THC ratio. Supposedly the ratio should stay the same throughout the lifetime of the plant but just get higher the older the plant gets. Out of my 3 Cannatonic plants it showed me that I do have a plant high in CBD the ratio was THC 1.05% -CBD 2.14% which is close to a 2:1 ratio. In turn I don't have to waste my time flowering all three strains to find my high CBD plant. I hope this same test will prove the same for the best THC phenotype or highest THC phenotype. This could save growers huge amounts of time and money. I will post a picture of the test.

beachtown77

beachtown77

T

toquer

In changing testing companies!! I got 4 samples for this week.

beachtown77

beachtown77

Yes Thunderfudge, but you can test each seedling of the same strain to see which one has the highest thc. In turn I hope this tells me which is the keeper or strongest pheno. Just taking educated guess and hope it turns true. I will let you guys know.

north knect

north knect

hwy there @beachtown77 so any updates on your results as to wether the test in veg actually carry through with the same cbd/thc ratios in the finnished meds?

Kitty

Kitty

Never heard of anyone testing vegetative plants before! Interesting..

So cheap too. $30 is a very very reasonable price. Will you test the plants again at harvest? I would like to know if high THC/CBD ratio % in vegetative plants means high % at harvest. It may not..

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

would be neat too see the same plants tested after a full cycle to see if the ratio's are the same

Awesome !

EDIT - @Blinky , we both had the same Idea , so double post : P

north knect

north knect

this thread has been dead since may lol..i was intrested too And figured his his would b done and tested by now..hopfully he replys to his own thread lol

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

i ran some zdt from @symbiote420 through my gc at 6 weeks from seed..(leaf tissue)
3 females and one male showed promise with higher cbd then thc ratio's..
i let all the females pollinate with the cbd dominate male for some test beans..
i ran left over seed calyx's from all the females and the same three showed 3 parts thc to 4 parts cbd..
now have some off spring from the cbd dominate male and one of the cbd dominate females to see if these may breed true
hope so

fwiw

beachtown77

beachtown77

Sorry for the delay but have been busy. I don't have updates yet but will have in 3 weeks on the canna tonic CBD content. I won't have results on the others because the phenotypes weren't worth keeping. I flowered out the strains but even the plant with the highest ratio of THC wasn't in my opinion a keeper phenotype. So I don't want to waste money. Even if the test proved true to THC ratio it still didn't give me the results I was looking for. I wanted to see if I could pick out the best phenotype by highest THC ratio. It obviously didn't work. I am however finishing with the Cannatonic and will see if the CBD ratio stays true. FYI Archive seeds are by far the best genetics I have worked with from seed. The Docta's seeds that popped out female were all keeper phenotypes with slight variances that made it tough to decide which ones to keep. I Tip my hat to him for top notch breeding. Face Off, Race Fuel, Hell Raiser, Valley Girl all top notch. I wish I had all his strains. Also I wish I did the same testing with his seeds as it would have been a true test that I would have been looking for as they all came out so close to each other with not one being garbage! I wish I could say the same for Rare Dankness. I spent hundreds on his seeds and not one keeper. I did get hermies though, what a waste of time. Sorry for the rant everybody will post results in a few weeks!

Top Bottom