Should Texas legalize?

• Of course.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
no bals

no bals

Please write to your representatives and senators to express your thoughts on legalization. Reefer madness needs a wake up call.

I received this limp reply from our US Senator.

Dear ****:

Thank you for contacting me with your suggestions regarding the United States’ national drug control strategy. I recognize the time and effort that you are dedicating to actively participate in the democratic process, and I appreciate that you and other concerned citizens have provided me the benefit of your comments on this matter.

Illegal drug abuse is a threat to the fabric of our nation, causing more than 30,000 deaths and billions of dollars in economic losses each year. Efforts to stem the flow of illicit drugs and educate our citizens about the dangers of these substances should be a priority for policymakers nationwide.

Our national drug control strategy must also focus on reducing the growing problem of counterfeit, misbranded, and adulterated substances in the medical and commercial supply chains. Many illegitimate outlets are marketing contaminated or knock-off prescription drugs, while others attempt to dodge existing laws by selling synthetic versions of illegal narcotics, such as heroin and cocaine. Unfortunately, these substances can have tragic effects—often causing serious injury or death. Members of the Senate must continue working to ensure existing laws and agencies provide the oversight necessary to protect children and consumers from the purveyors of these dangerous drugs.

Furthermore, as you know, several states have legalized marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. I support the Supreme Court’s 2001 decision ruling the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes is not a defense under federal law. However, we should always have an open dialogue on social issues, even if we may disagree.

I am always appreciative when Texans take the time to reach out and share their concerns. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Tel: (202) 224-2934

Fax: (202) 228-2856

http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Please write to your representatives and senators to express your thoughts on legalization. Reefer madness needs a wake up call.

Dear ****:

Thank you for contacting me with your suggestions regarding the United States’ national drug control strategy. I recognize the time and effort that you are dedicating to actively participate in the democratic process, and I appreciate that you and other concerned citizens have provided me the benefit of your comments on this matter.

Illegal drug abuse is a threat to the fabric of our nation, causing more than 30,000 deaths and billions of dollars in economic losses each year. Efforts to stem the flow of illicit drugs and educate our citizens about the dangers of these substances should be a priority for policymakers nationwide.

Our national drug control strategy must also focus on reducing the growing problem of counterfeit, misbranded, and adulterated substances in the medical and commercial supply chains. Many illegitimate outlets are marketing contaminated or knock-off prescription drugs, while others attempt to dodge existing laws by selling synthetic versions of illegal narcotics, such as heroin and cocaine. Unfortunately, these substances can have tragic effects—often causing serious injury or death. Members of the Senate must continue working to ensure existing laws and agencies provide the oversight necessary to protect children and consumers from the purveyors of these dangerous drugs.

Furthermore, as you know, several states have legalized marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. I support the Supreme Court’s 2001 decision ruling the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes is not a defense under federal law. However, we should always have an open dialogue on social issues, even if we may disagree.

I am always appreciative when Texans take the time to reach out and share their concerns. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator

You will never change the mind of that dinosaur! Best thing Texans could do is to vote him out of office. We have one in my state that sounds about as ridiculous. :cool:

Washington, DC 20510

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

You will never change the mind of that Dinosaur. Best thing Texans can do is vote him out of office. There is one in my state that sounds about as ridiculous.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Lol. The scadals this guy is involved with...lol good luck on rec in tx....to many conservatives just like Northern Colorado...they whinned and cried!

Dear ****:

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator

Washington, DC 20510

Last edited:
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

You will never change the mind of that Dinosaur. Best thing Texans can do is vote him out of office. There is one in my state that sounds about as ridiculous.

15 yrs ago my fellow statesmen said it was going to be legal i laughed...my....ass....off....these same yahoos are saying the same bs line....the idiocy!

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

CORNYN needs to go for many reasons, not just his MJ views (thinks like Sessions), as he is a HUGE swamp monster!

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Sessions quoting hitler, stalin and moussi's favorite bible verse...romans 13...gtfo...you gotta be kidding me!

Those immies should be packed up and gone...lmfao...they been selling out the black and white middle class in america for too long..

Now back to growin!!!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Corn-holyn, Cruz, Abbot, Patrick and Paxton....they all need to go.
I fear as long as TX is the belt buckle of the bible belt, things will never change.

MJ could be legal everywhere else in the known (and unknown) unverse, and it will still be banned here.

One last kid to graduate high school, then I'm off to a state where I ain't gotta look over my shoulder all the damn time.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

oil country folks,it never happen and to be honest about it all,i dont want it,what i do want is lighter sentencing for the caught,now yall look around at the other states that have,it is a cluster of crap,money mongroal have dominated it,yes it increase income of the state,but it would be no difrent than prohibition,it would just go to the state level,things change and lord dont i know,i seen many presidents senate and county commisioners that tell ya anything to get in office to start lining there pockets,every time a election comes around same shit,take a step back,vietnam at first usa was behind it all,then decided why we there,so 1 president makes it his duty to tell the protester and hippies he gonna end the war,everyone is joyed,vote his ass in and what happens,complete oppisite of what got him in the first place,not bad enough they doing shit away from the puvlic eyes of usa,but then states to the hippies we are the cause of drugs in society and this is reason for the riots,so ole millhouse decides to a war on drugs,hahah maybe if he smoked a little herb he wouldnt have got impeached,but anyway after several years of outlawing if they did pass it were it was legal imagine the money hounds that would take it over,nah gov and state have all the info about me they wont,im not giving my life story to them folk that at the drop of a hat change there mind and have info about you even as far as were you go fishing,to come in and do a round up,parinoid you bet im 58 and have plenty of reason not to trust there ass and seen many fall from there shit,so no i wouldnt want it legal here,just brings in the wolf pack,look at cali,all these years fought the gov over this stuff,well now that most states are legal,they had to up the annie,now testing and all that is rules,which should have been in the first place ,but in the mean time takes you right back to the closet or the dealer.
even if gov shifted gears and drop the prohibition there would be some way they would profit off it,so if it was legal here,i still outlaw it and would feel ease for a gorrilaa grow hahah,all the bandits would just go buy a lid instead of waiting for me to harvest hahah

K

kansabis

I agree,Texas and the state I reside in will be some of the very last to legalize if they even do,I personally would just like to see some kind of decriminalization and maybe even something allowing personal cultivation.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Decriminalization is the best thing they could do for us, but, it would hurt the money stream from Washington that supports state and local law enforcement in states like mine. My county is one of the poorest in the state. They love draining money from mj people. I been harping for decriminalization for years.

K

kansabis

Decriminalization is the best thing they could do for us, but, it would hurt the money stream from Washington that supports state and local law enforcement in states like mine. My county is one of the poorest in the state. They love draining money from mj people. I been harping for decriminalization for years.
Yeah the sad part of legalization in these states is it makes it even does easier for the feds to do raids and busts. All they have to do is threaten the counties,etc federal funds will be cut and they get cooperation on where to find the big grows and money. It's all pretty screwed up if you think about it,one of the main reasons marijuana was and has remained criminal is because of how easy it is to smell and detect and allows for easy cases and prosecution,not to mention drug testing for.employment,etc.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yeah the sad part of legalization in these states is it makes it even does easier for the feds to do raids and busts. All they have to do is threaten the counties,etc federal funds will be cut and they get cooperation on where to find the big grows and money. It's all pretty screwed up if you think about it,one of the main reasons marijuana was and has remained criminal is because of how easy it is to smell and detect and allows for easy cases and prosecution,not to mention drug testing for.employment,etc.
Yeah, its supporting a whole system of people and prisons that would have to be revamped in some states. It's profitable to keep it illegal..... for a lot of people.

K

kansabis

Yeah, its supporting a whole system of people and prisons that would have to be revamped in some states. It's profitable to keep it illegal..... for a lot of people.
Yeah but now it seems to be even more profitable to have it legal at the state level in some areas while still remaining illegal federally.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yeah but now it seems to be even more profitable to have it legal at the state level in some areas while still remaining illegal federally.
Yes, I was speaking about states like mine. And Texas, and most of the SE. LOL I don't really consider FL a southern state but believe they will get it first. What has been proposed in my state for medical is a joke, and even that ..... can't even get to the Senate floor. Pitiful. Laws have not been loosened whatsoever here. They can put you in jail for a quarter of a gram man if they want. There is no misdemeanor charges for it here. I am not sure what AR passed on medical but likely not grow plants. I do live very close to 3 other states. But, all southern. Oh well, don't matter, nothing I can do but what I am. I'm excited about the new strains I just germinated.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I agree,Texas and the state I reside in will be some of the very last to legalize if they even do,I personally would just like to see some kind of decriminalization and maybe even something allowing personal cultivation.
i just want to grow a legal tree for once,hell with all that paper work,dispensary can deal with all that mess ,from what i here they charge enough for a oz to pay for there liscense hahahh,back when ,not going there but growing in your back yard wasnt a deal,cops didnt mess with you if you werent doing anything,nixon changed that,but before i die i would like to grow another tree as i did back then,shit have enough smoke for a year or two depending on summer hahahh

K

kansabis

I
i just want to grow a legal tree for once,hell with all that paper work,dispensary can deal with all that mess ,from what i here they charge enough for a oz to pay for there liscense hahahh,back when ,not going there but growing in your back yard wasnt a deal,cops didnt mess with you if you werent doing anything,nixon changed that,but before i die i would like to grow another tree as i did back then,shit have enough smoke for a year or two depending on summer hahahh
I hear ya man,one or two good size bushes would set me up good for a year and I could just do some breeding and testing inside.

K

kansabis

It's so tempting to try and find a spot outdoors here with so much rural land but the risk is not worth the reward to me at the moment. Someday though it will happen,definitely on my bucket list.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I wish I could. They do real well outside here. It just became to open for all to see, and everywhere else there is cattle that would trample it, or it could get sprayed. Not worth it. But one year, I had to split this monster, and I had to tie it down with a huge rock weight, and it still reached about 7'. It was a massive yield of over 2 lbs, but it would of been more as a few limbs had to be removed, got that bud rot, in like 16 hours.

Top Bottom